• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orange Islands

Should i add route leaders to the game. You tell me!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
I like the idea! I love the Orange Islands anime and I hope I see the completion of this game. To my knowledge no one has completed their games for the Orange Islands so I wish you the best of luck! I like how you aren't asking for a lot of help for your game. It shows you can be taken seriously. But as in terms of projects I'd like to see more screenshots or maybe you should even upload a video to youtube and send us a link so we can see your progress on the game! I support the project. Best of luck. :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I never seen a game featuring the Orange Islands, its also my favorite Pokemon region, so can't wait to play it. I just hope that Meowth can be caught early in the game.

Yeah, I agree with you, school is important, but it gets in the way of game making.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Ooooo! Me like.
I really liked the orange Islands, also, do the Fire, Ice and Lightning Islands come in? :D One of my favourite features.
Also, may I suggest that you take the font size of the original post down a smidge? It's pretty big...

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I never seen a game featuring the Orange Islands, its also my favorite Pokemon region, so can't wait to play it. I just hope that Meowth can be caught early in the game.

Yeah, I agree with you, school is important, but it gets in the way of game making.

Actually Pokemon Naranja was based on the Orange Islands but it was never completed hopefully this one gets finished cos I really hate playing unfinished games unless it's a beta.

This game looks like it's gonna be pretty good, but I really hope it get's finished. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Alright, first off:
The maps are horrible. They do not go along together with B/W sprites. It looks wacky and out of place. Also, the tiles are out of proportion, and don't align correctly with adjacent tiles.

Secondly:
Adding a "Route Leader" system seems annoying. That's what Trainers are for. And, if the player decides to skip them, let their team be beaten by the Gym Leaders. We don't need a "Route Leader" because of this.

Thirdly:
This is plot related, but in D/P/Pt, no one else but the player stopped Team Galactic. There never were any adults who tried to stop them. Unless you're trying to alter the storyline, which is fine, it makes no sense that the player's parents went to Sinnoh to stop Team Galactic.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Alright, first off:
The maps are horrible. They do not go along together with B/W sprites. It looks wacky and out of place. Also, the tiles are out of proportion, and don't align correctly with adjacent tiles.

Secondly:
Adding a "Route Leader" system seems annoying. That's what Trainers are for. And, if the player decides to skip them, let their team be beaten by the Gym Leaders. We don't need a "Route Leader" because of this.

Thirdly:
This is plot related, but in D/P/Pt, no one else but the player stopped Team Galactic. There never were any adults who tried to stop them. Unless you're trying to alter the storyline, which is fine, it makes no sense that the player's parents went to Sinnoh to stop Team Galactic.

first Those maps are old i need to upload the new ones. Also i dont care.

second I will make a poll on it. Plus you can't skip them.

third i will fix it. I wrote the wrong word.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
first Those maps are old i need to upload the new ones. Also i dont care.
It takes but a few seconds to upload new images, even on slow connections. Or have you just not completed any new maps?

You may not care, but I'm sure a lot of people who viewed this thread were deterred due to the fact of how bad the maps look.
second I will make a poll on it. Plus you can't skip them.
I said you can skip the Trainers. Re-read my post, then understand what I meant.

For instance, a route can have two Trainers, but the player can skip them. If they choose to do so, then let their team be beaten by a Gym Leader.
third i will fix it. I wrote the wrong word.
It seems to me you have quite a bit of "fixing" to do before this project gains the attention of the community. To me, your project has many flaws that should have been attended to before posting a thread in the first place. Projects need appeal. This ranges from eye candy (which a sprite artist can accomplish) to complexity (which the programmers and cartographers achieve). People want a "hook" to get them interested. This sir has no "hooks".

If you cannot handle criticism, don't post a thread here.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
I have a feeling for the rest of this project you will be on my butt so as you do have a point the game is looking better just im having a huge reconstruction of the maps and scripts so i am working as of now. Hopefully re-release can come out in anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Wish me luck.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Sorry to say but as of now (actually about 2 months ago!) i am done with this project. If a admin could lock or delete this thread that would be awesome. Posting closeness in reg part. Im sorry to do this but i have no time and there's no portable RPG make. But do be on the lookout for Pokemon Gold: Revenge of Team Rocket!

Back