• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen most underrated 3rd gen pokes

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Camerupt does not exactly get the attention he deserves, he has good typing, and some great moves in his movepool. Not to mention his ability, oblivious, is quite useful, as cute charm nor attract can effect him.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Zangoose is pretty underrated with access to Sword Dance and Close Combat. Its DW ability, Toxic Boost, makes him brutal, but he needs to stay away from Pokemon who are faster than him, for he has to sacrifice having a Choice Scarf for a Toxic Orb to activate his DW ability.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Linoone. When most people hear this name of the small and speedy creature they roll their eyes and say that it's only purpose in the game is to be a HM Slave and nothing more. But it is heavily underrated, in my eyes it's much more than an addition to your team only to cut down trees and move boulders. With the convenient ability of Pickup I was also able to snag up some useful items throughout my journey and it has a huge range of moves not to mention a fantastic speed. But seriously people shouldn't underestimate and misjudge Linoone, it's simply badass. <3

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Wurmple and his final evolution, Dustox.

Almost nobody keeps a starting bug-type in their team, but I did. I raised him till he eventually turned into a Dustox, and boy, is that silver wind attack tough.

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
Shiftry is one, it has reasonable stats and a fairly diverse movepool. It may not be as good as some but it is pretty awesome (especially as of Gen V).

Castform because as I have said before it is hugely diverse, doesn't have terrible stats and sunny castform can deal X5 damage with weatherball.

Walrein - It can take a beating, has good typing, good stats and has a pretty decent movepool.

I have used shifty and walrein a number of times and they are actually really awesome. Quite a few of my friends actually use these pokémon a lot too so I wouldn't call them underrated. I would have to say in some people's minds Crobat is pretty underrated and has absolutely amazing speed. Also Exploud, even though it is a normal type, it has decent defense and attack stats and can learn some really good moves.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
I would have to disagree with part about Breloom. (It's OU.) And why hasn't anyone said Chimecho?

Chimecho, now that's one that for some time I thought you couldn't catch, until Bulbapedia said for me to look on top of Mt. Pyre. Now I'd say a few other ones would be Castform, Slaking, I myself didn't use my Slakoth because of his ability, although I found it extremely hard to beat Norman's Slaking without the right Pokémon.
I'd say Tropius is used as a mere HM slave when he could be a monster. I disagree with Altaria being underrated though, I've always used her for my Dragon-type attacks against Drake. Wurmple and any other Bug-type early on are also underrated, I myself just leave them be. The Whismur line also seams to be very underrated.

Robotechnic

League Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Shiftry can be a pimp once he learns all of is abilities and you level him up.

Back