• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I'm gonna start up my Diamond Version, but only until I catch Kricketot. They do not appear during the day, so I'm gonna catch one while I'm awake at night.

EDIT: Kricketot caught, and I figured out how to record :) Took me a while to, but I did XD So I'll be able to record my D/P gym battles. 2 more Ruby Gyms + Elite 4 to go though.

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
I got to Viridian and healed little Squirt. Then, recieved package for Oak. I walked back to Pallet, recieved my items and started back up da road.

Viridian Forest
I trudged up the road and caught a Caterpie. I trained it a little. I caught a Weedle. Caterpie evolved. I reached Pewter,healed and started training.

Current Team: Metapod;Level 8
Weedle;Level 4

Others: Squirtle;Level 10

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
Years
Decided to try something different.

Pokemon Ultimate Mono Type Grass Challenge Blog Update 2

Dear Journal,

It's been a while since I last my last entry and since that time I have done a lot of things. After my victory of the electric gym leader I caught a Meowth and taught it flash, I then headed through the most annoying cave in the game. The Hikers and pokemon collectors there didn't stand a chance as my team of grass type pokemon easily dispatched their ground and water type pokemon. I soon made it through the cave and healed my pokemon in the near by Poke center.

With nothing else to do I headed to Celadon City bought two Leaf Stones and used one to evolve my Gloom into Vileplume. When that was over I headed to the gym to earn my forth badge and the respect that comes with it. The battle with Erika wasn't that hard despite the fact that I all of my grass attacks were useless against her. My Parasect did a great job by putting most of her pokemon to sleep and then beating her Gloom with dig.

I then headed to the local Game Corner and ran Team Rocket out of town, because the local police department is virtually none existent in this town. Took me a while but I did manage to get to Giovanni and in an epic battle (not really) I sent him and his goons packing.

With that crisis out of the way I cycled down to Fuchsia City in order to a my last pokemon in this challenge and beat the gym leader for my fifth badge. My first stop was the Safari Zone, I caught and Exeggcute and easily navigate the large maze in order to get the warden's golden teeth (why was it in the middle of nowhere I will never know) and got the HM for Surf.

After I finished my Safari adventure I evolved Exeggcute with the Leaf stone I bought earlier and trained it until it was the same level as every pokemon in my party. With nothing left to do I challenge Fuchsia's Gym leader to a battle and won rather easily. Parasect's Dig and Executor's Confusion attack helped me a whole lot in this battle as they were both super effective against all of Koga's pokemon.

I then decided to go for another badge before taking a break, and quickly heading to Saffron City. I had to clear Team Rocket from the city before facing the gym leader though, which took up a lot of my time. It was not reward less I got a new HM Slave (Lapras), a chance to show up my rival's training and a Master Ball (after beating Giovanni again).

The Giovanni battle was not hard (Exeggcute took care of his two poison types and Vileplume finished off the rest of his pokemon). I then headed to the Saffron Gym for my next gym battle. The battle against the Psychic gym leader was rather disappointing, but what did I expect. Parasect basically took this gym by storm, Sporing and Leech Lifeing every pokemon that the gym leader sent out (Something that would have been very hard to do if I was playing Red). With that event done, I took a nice long rest at the nearby pokemon center.

Pokemon

Toxic (Parasect) lvl 46

=> Dig
=> Leech Life
=> Bullet Seed
=> Spore

Solana (Vileplume) lvl 45

=> Giga Drain
=> Acid
=> Poison Powder
=> Petal Dance

Kyro (Venusaur) lvl 45

=> Tackle
=> Sleep Powder
=> Leech Seed
=> Razor Leaf

Anari (Exeggcute) lvl 45

=> Hypnosis
=> Egg Bomb
=> Leech Seed
=> Psychic

Hm slaves

Pick Up (Meowth) – Cut, Flash
Surfer Girl (Lapras)- Surf

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Pokemon Ruby "Blog" Part 7: Double Trouble

After defeating Winona, I decided to head on. On the way to Lilycove city, I encountered a group of magma members, talking about going to Mt. Pyre... suspicious. Nearby was the safari zone. I quickly went into Lilycove, withdrew my Tropius, and flew to Mauville City to change bikes, as there was a bug in the Safari Zone only available with it. I returned to the safari zone, and the search was on!

Soon, I encountered the horned beetle, and it ran... again, I went. Soon, another was found, and I threw a safari ball... 1 tick, 2 tick, 3 tick... it was mine! I named it Hercules, and replaced Celest on my team.

So after adding the final member of my team, I grabbed Marill from my PC, and surfed to Mt. Pyre, to find out what Team Magma was up to. At the top, the leader gave the basic speech, and told us to follow, if I dared. So I went backt o Slateport, and they challenged me to meet them in Lilycove, so I did. Unfortunately, they got away, and Captain Stern told me to go to Mossdeep City and learn how to Dive.

Upon braving the waters east of Lilycove, I got to Mossdeep City, where I met steven, who gave me the HM for dive, but told me I must defeat the gym leader of Mossdeep in order to use it out of combat, so I entered the gym, and was stunned to find 2 gym leaders. They told me it would be a double battle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2V3pxuCMbs

Current Team:

Hercules (Heracross)
Level: 42
emesprani214.gif

Take Down
Counter
Brick Break
Rock Tomb

Spitfire (Dustox)
emesprani269.gif

Psychic
Gust
Silver Wind
Toxic

Shuri (Ninjask)
emesprani291.gif

Cut
Fury Cutter
Swords Dance
Slash

Gloe (Volbeat)
emesprani313.gif

Double-Edge
Tail Glow
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam

Flit (Masquerain)
emesprani284.gif

Quick Attack
Bubblebeam
Ice Beam
Gust

Funster (Armaldo)
Level: 43
emesprani348.gif

Scratch
Ancient Power
Metal Claw
Water Gun

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
MR. CHEWY'S MONOTYPE BLOG

Generation: 2
Game: Crystal
Type: Water

VIOLET CITY

001pk3.png
I was very eager to start playing the second generation, as it's my favourite generation so far. I picked Totodile and played along, doing just fine. Since I was only training one Pokémon, my Totodile was so strong I skipped Sprout Tower completely (I should probably go back there at some stage and get Flash, but oh well).

With my single Pokémon in hand, I challenged Falkner and took him down without problems. Rage is a really neat ability.

AZALEA TOWN

Shortly after I left Violet City, I finally managed to pick up my second Pokémon - Wooper. He was pathetically weak, and was a real pain to train, but at least I now had more than one Poké.

002dr8.png
I reached Slowpoke Well and helped clear out Team Rocket, while catching a Slowpoke shortly after. I then trained for seemingly hours, frustrated by the lack of strong wild Pokémon to train on.

Bugsy was a simplistic battle, without surprise. My Pokémon were all level sixteen, so I once again proceeded to smash her using Rage. One more badge down.

My rival battle, however, was really, really tough. Bayleef destroyed my team time and time again. In all seriousness, I think I had to restart about six times before beating him. I managed to in the end, though. Let's just hope things won't always be this tough against him.

PARTY
gbc159.gif
Crocoanaw - Level 16
Tackle, Leer, Rage, Water Gun

gbc194.gif
Wooper - Level 16
Tackle, Tail Whip, Slam

gbc079.gif
Slowpoke - Level 16
Tackle, Tail Whip, Curse, Water Gun

Years
May's Last Stand
She never even got the chance to attack.
Magma's hideout
I remembered that there was a grunt by lavaridge town so i headed over there and found a cave so i went in and the place was crawing with grunts i beat them down as i moved further in and found the leader and then he made Groudon wake up and leave then he blames it on me we fight i win. I leave.
Aqua's hideout
After dealing with magma i head towards Slateport and find a press conference going on then ihear a voice and stern and i go in to find Aqua jacking his sub. I then head out to their hideout and raid it too bad they leave before i can take care of them.
Badger the mind taker
These twins were the hardest challenge yet. Stupid Xatu calmed mid swept though most my team lucky Alla could wall. I feel i use way too many potions. I beat them none the less.
Team Magma is blasting off again
After a bit i find the magmas have taken over the space station. As i reach the top the admin and leader team up on so Steven helps out and we wipe the floor with them.
Dive, Dive, Dive
After helping him Steven gave me the dive HM and a diving i would go. I found a sub in an underwater tunal so i went up and found team Aqua. I beat them and made my way to the leader and beat but not before Kyorge was released.
Battling Behemoths
Because of the two stupid leaders i have to save the world… again. I go to find Wallace he tells me to find the lead god Rayquaza. I do he stops them i get Waterfall HM.
Water V. Flying
Margo swept until Kingdra double teamed up and ice beamed them pell had to step in. Fairly hard just because of my loss of accuracy.
Grind up, meeting killa
After i got my badge i had one last team member in mind. I caught the first Bagon and trained him up. Till he became a Salimance. After that i ground everyone else to level 47

Team
Salamence- Killa- Lv. 50
Nature-Adamant
Hp-159
High- Attack- 160
Low- Sp. Def.- 87
Pelipper-Pell-Lv. 47
Hp-127
Nature-Quiet
High-Defence-113
Low-Speed/Attack-70
Swallow-Low-Lv. 47
Hp-136
Nature-Careful
High-Speed-144
Low-Sp.Att. -63
Ninjask-Ninja-Lv. 47
Hp-91
Nature-Naïve
High-Speed-188
Low-Sp.Def.-53
Altaria-Alla-Lv. 47
Hp-141
Nature-Calm
High-Sp.Def.-124

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I bring another big update. After playing for a couple hours straight, I got to the Elite four. I will challenge them soon.

I plan to be amoung the first to finish, So I can't set the game down.

Update: I pwned the elite four!

Finishing Team

Haunter
gbg093.gif

LvL.69

Gastly

gbg092.gif

LvL.69

Gengar(Shiny)

gbgsh094.png

LvL.88

Haunter

gbg093.gif

LvL.72

Gastly

gbg092.gif

LvL.76

Gastly

gbg092.gif

LvL.72

Time to get an early start on Gen 3.

Norman will be hell! I won't be able to kill him :<. Ghost doesn't effect normal.

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Hey you have to beat all the Kanto Gyms in Silver and then beat Red at Mt Silver to complete your Silver challenge as far as I know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ruby News:
I'll have to go back to Victory Road and train, train, train.

When I challenge the E4, I own Sidney. Phoebe was a bit hard, but I own her anyway. But when I get to Glacia, her Walrein OWNS me! Stupid Sheer Cold...

I guess Swampert has to learn Earthquake at any cost. Then Ill have to train the rest to catch up to Blue's level. This is gonna take a looooooong time.

Ill blog once Im done with grinding and I defeat the E4.

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Hey you have to beat all the Kanto Gyms in Silver and then beat Red at Mt Silver to complete your Silver challenge as far as I know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ruby News:
I'll have to go back to Victory Road and train, train, train.

When I challenge the E4, I own Sidney. Phoebe was a bit hard, but I own her anyway. But when I get to Glacia, her Walrein OWNS me! Stupid Sheer Cold...

I guess Swampert has to learn Earthquake at any cost. Then Ill have to train the rest to catch up to Blue's level. This is gonna take a looooooong time.

Ill blog once Im done with grinding and I defeat the E4.

Yes you do... and he's going too fast, it'd be humanly impossible to go that fast and get your pokemon to level 72 without using hacks of some kind...

Tony Montana

Years
Yes you do... and he's going too fast, it'd be humanly impossible to go that fast and get your pokemon to level 72 without using hacks of some kind...

Yeah, unless you grind like an addict on Victory Road...Sounds kinda suspicious...Especially the Gengar...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Yeah, unless you grind like an addict on Victory Road...Sounds kinda suspicious...Especially the Gengar...

Yea... I've played 8+ Hours a day when I was doing my walkthroughs grinding, and my pokemon were no where near his levels, and he supposedly did it in 2 days...

I call fake.

Btw, where'd the unown in the first post go? :O

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
Yea... I've played 8+ Hours a day when I was doing my walkthroughs grinding, and my pokemon were no where near his levels, and he supposedly did it in 2 days...

I call fake.

Btw, where'd the unown in the first post go? :O
Actually, I suspect nothing. I believe that he traded his ghost types from Red/Blue.. However, that would suck all the challenge out, it's no fun with no challenge. :(
If he didn't though, then my guess is that he cloned an insanely high leveled Gastly he trained from the beginning with good IVs and evolved them, giving him a full party of impressive ghosts. The shiny may have been a lucky find while he was playing through, or a lucky trade where one of his R/B ghosts had the IVs a shiny would have in G/S/C.

Oh, and me? I actually should be doing Wattson right now! I'll get a blog up shortly.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Regarding ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ:
It may or may not be fake, heh. For one, since he is using Ghost-Types, he was allowed to trade one from another game early on, and this Pokemon would thus get boosted experience. But heh, if you really are cheating, the only one losing is you. Though yes, you're not finished Johto until you go through the Kanto battles and defeat Red. ^^

Regarding the Unown on the first page:
I assume it has something to do with Bulbapedia being down, as that's where the images came from.

Regarding Blazeavile:
Yes you can! Good luck on your challenge! :D

Tony Montana

Years
As I'm pretty tired of grinding, I decided what levels my pokemon will be when I challenge the E4.

Blue - Swampert - Lv 50
Roll - Graveler - Lv 48
Vulcan - Camerupt - Lv 48
Clay - Claydol - Lv 49
Sandy - Flygon - Lv 49

Well, Im gonna get back to training. Later.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Sheesh people. Geeze. I didn't cheat. I do, however have my super dooper easy ways of training. But.. yeah I forgot about Kanto when I made that post... anyways.. I am almost done with it.

I call fake.
^^. Try playing from 6 in the morn, til' you pass out around 5 in the morn , and wake at 6 in the morn, and do it all over again!

Regarding ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ:
It may or may not be fake, heh. For one, since he is using Ghost-Types, he was allowed to trade one from another game early on, and this Pokemon would thus get boosted experience. But heh, if you really are cheating, the only one losing is you. Though yes, you're not finished Johto until you go through the Kanto battles and defeat Red. ^^
Atleast someone believes me fully.

Actually, I suspect nothing. I believe that he traded his ghost types from Red/Blue.. However, that would suck all the challenge out, it's no fun with no challenge. :(
If he didn't though, then my guess is that he cloned an insanely high leveled Gastly he trained from the beginning with good IVs and evolved them, giving him a full party of impressive ghosts. The shiny may have been a lucky find while he was playing through, or a lucky trade where one of his R/B ghosts had the IVs a shiny would have in G/S/C.

Oh, and me? I actually should be doing Wattson right now! I'll get a blog up shortly.
I did trade a high level Gastly that was just a few(2-3) levels from being a Haunter.

I had the most trouble with Morty.. Falkner.. and Will.
Morty's pesky Gengar got rid of my strong pokemon. I got lucky and took 'em with a low level Gastly.

I had to use curse to take out Falkner.

Will tossed me aside a couple of times with his Psychic Pokemon.

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Years
Sheesh people. Geeze. I didn't cheat. I do, however have my super dooper easy ways of training. But.. yeah I forgot about Kanto when I made that post... anyways.. I am almost done with it.

yeah u can beat kanto in the blink of an eye iwth those pokemon. I envy you (joking) I beat Kanto in Silver with 4 Lv 50 pokemon and 1 level 57 (lol i had so much luck...)

Oh and btw do you know a good place for training in Hoenn? Cuz Im having a hard time training in Victory Road...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Btw, I have to ask: WHY did you trade Gastly? XD

Considering Gastly are found on the route before Violet City during nighttime :P

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
A good place for Hoenn? Hm.. I am not a Hoenn expert. I hate Hoenn in fact. I train in victory and stuff in just about all the generations.

@Myzou : Because, I didn't know that, I only played second Gen once, and didn't even bother catching pokemon. Anyways, if people are so flustered, and angry about it, then I'll start Johto over.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Pokemon Ruby "Blog" Part 8: The Quelling of the Serpents

After defeating the twins, it was time to move on, and try to find team magma. I went south of Mossdeep, and dived at the closest deep water, and shortly found their submarine. After exploring the cave, I stumbled upon a giant statue of an ancient pokemon... Maxie showed up and told me I was done meddling in his affairs.

After defeating him, he raised his orb up to the sky, and the statue came alive, but then it ran off after making the sun extremely hot. Steven showed up and told me of a place calld Sootopolis City...

As I got there, I headed to the north of town, as I thought I heard talking. Steven was there, and told me to enter the cave, and figure out what was causing the problems. I did, and at the end, the pokemon Groudon attacked me! So I fought back and defeated it~

I left and Steven thanked me, and I was ready for my 8th and final gym battle! Unfortunately, as none of my pokemon could surf, one of them would have to sit out of the battle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W_vv9jLPfc

I did not expect his team to give me THAT much trouble, but confusion can be a butthole to counter :(

Current Team:

Hercules (Heracross)
Level: 44
emesprani214.gif

Strength
Counter
Brick Break
Rock Tomb

Spitfire (Dustox)
Level: 44
emesprani269.gif

Psychic