• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite Gym Leader (RGBY - GSC)

KitsuneLugia96

Trainer Silver
Years
Who was your favorite gym leader from Gen I through II. There where many great gym leaders in the first two Generations, in my opinion Gen I and II had the best combination of leaders. My favorite Gym Leader is ハヤト (Hayato/Falkner.)

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
i'm first pick huh?
i have a couple based on a few different parts -

Favorite gym leader battle style:
Gen I: Koga Gen II: Blue

Favorite Gym Leader personality:
Gen I: Lt. Surge Gen II: Morty

Overall best? I like Morty. He was challenging because most people didn't have a type advantage on him yet, and he had that tough Gengar. I also love his mysterious and shady personalty; the only thing you know about him is that he chases legendary Pokemon. He tends to keep to himself. Not a real talker.

I like morty's personality the best, but blue's pokemon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Easy! My favorite Gym Leader from Gen I and II, hell my favorite of all Gym Leaders, has always been Sabrina. This is because she uses my favorite of all Pokemon Types.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I really don't have a favorite gym leader from the first generation just because I personally did not like any of them. But if I had to pick one from the first generation, I will have to go with Brock because he is the easiest one to beat. As for the second generation, it is defiantly Morty hands down because he is a ghost type trainer and ghost types are my favorite Pokemon.

:t354:TG

Years
gen 1 battle style : koga

gen 2 battle style : blue

gen 1 personality : brock

gen 2 personality : blaine

But anyways my favourite gym leaders are BROCK,KOGA,BLAINE,BLUE,BUGSY,MORTY and JANINE

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
1st gen: Sabrina
I think she's the most interesting of all gym leaders from the first generation.
2nd gen: Jasmine
I love how she cares about Amphy and and like how her personality seems to contrast her type of choice.

Last edited:

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
1st Gen: Giovanni
To be able to manage an entire organization that has goals and an agenda that consist on shaping the world completely while also being a gym leader without any suspicion is a feat worthy of praise. Giovanni has great interest in pokemon of high caliber, some which are even legendary. He is also a skilled trainer who has an interesting background.

2nd Gen: Morty
He is also an interesting gym leader that is a follower of legendary pokemon. He uses ghost type which is one of my favorites.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Whitney, becau- *STOMP'd*

It made us learn as kids the importance of perseverance and controlling our anger, among other primal instincts of rage.

I wanted to burn that cow in hell.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
In R/B/G/Y my favourite gym leader was...um...koga,I guess...I like his style.

And in G/S/C my favourite gym leader is Green (but they call him Blue)

Both are from Kanto.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Gen 1: Blaine (Poor guys town got destroyed in Gen 2!!!)
Gen 2: Jasmine - This one I can't really explain. I kinda liked the storyline leading up to her. She wasn't too tough but her Steelix put up a good fight.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Misty is probably my favourite gym leader because she actually provided some challenge at times. I also like how she uses water type Pokémon and her design is rather appealing. I also liked the Pokémon she used. I always loved when I got to battle her in G/S/C.

Years
Best gym leader for style in Generation I: Misty
Best gym leader for personality in Generation I: Blaine

I like Misty's style because she's so determined. I always found her difficult to win against when I had an under levelled Charmeleon or Wartortle.

I like Blain's personality because he stresses the importance of burn heal in our battle together :P he was right, I definitely did need burn heal lol!!

Best gym leader for style in Generation II: Jasmine
Best gym leader for personality in Generation II: Jasmine

I really like Jasmine...I dom't really know why...I always thought of her as a shy and reserved character. There is something mysterious and alluring to it. Her Steelix is much higher levelled that Pryces' (sp??) Piloswine too. She's just really powerful and as I said, mysterious.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Many a Gym Leader I could state so here's my top 5

#1 - Blaine - Fire Types with excellent choices
#2 - Giovanni - The original concept of deception
#3 - Chuck - The guy trains under a waterfall and breaks rocks only pokemon should break
#4 - Whitney - The only Gym Leader I've ever had pokemon 10 levels ahead of in a level battle
#5 - Erika - Training all Grass types would take guts but no Exeggutor :(

Years
From Gen 1 it's Blaine, I love the type he uses and the funny riddles haha :)

Gen 2 it's Chuck, I love how over the top he is and the training he does :)

Overall - definitely Blaine, for me he's hard to beat :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
In Gen I, its Koga for me, cos he's a badass ninja.

In Gen II, I pick Jasmine, cos she's hot because of her steelix.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
I think the gym leaders should represent ALL types and not only a few. When you combine the leaders of Gen I and II they represent all types except Dark. That's why I like them the most.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sabrina is my favorite. Especially in 2nd gen when she matures more and looks really cool. Psychic powers are awesome. :D

Back