• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3DS SD Help needed!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 14, 2015
Need help fixing an SD glitch. It keeps coming up with 'Can't access SD card' I have blown in the card slot and on the card it's self and searched for solutions all over the web, but they just keep appearing with solutions for transferring from a 3DS to and 3DS XL, which didn't help at all. Has anyone else experienced this, like myself and has found a way to over come or fix it. If you do please reply or message me. I will be REALLY grateful.

It was annoying since I literally just got it and it doesn't work. THE SD CAME WITH THE DS. I also got Pokémon Y and I can't play it since my SD isn't able to be accessed through my 3DS for reasons I don't understand. Also, I used an SD formatting software to remove anything from it. The 3DS was pre-owned.

I also did a format on the 3DS itself too, and nothing has changed. I have been up all night and a majority of today finding a solution, and nothing works. I have tried the Internet Browsing and connected it too the internet and did all the options under Data Management, I used Parental Controls and everything.

What is wrong with the SD card, 3DS or etc. Can someone who has ANY solution reply/post to this thread. Thanks.

I also have a YouTube video of what is happening, it is my most recent video on The1stEpicFace.
______________________________________________________________________________________

'Curiosity is stronger than life, and life is more valuable than curiosity'

- The1stEpicFace YouTube -

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 14, 2015
Yes, I have used two, but I got the same results. Both unlocked.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Also, it came with the 3DS it is called a TOSHIBA 2GB SD.

Did you tried an other SD Card? Maybe it is your SD Card is broken.

Tried that, didn't work.

Last edited:

bassnerd

The Electric Bassist
Years
Did you try a different type of SD card? 3DS supports SDHC/micro SDs with an adapter, that's what I'm currently using in mine.
Edit: Of course if that doesn't make a difference, then there's probably something up with the system itself.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
The 3DS was pre-owned.
This is the problem, people want to get rid of something for a reason.
Since all your SD Cards don't work, you can guess the problem is not the SD Card, it's the SD Card Slot.
You should find an SD Card Slot replacement somewhere, it's not hard to find one, and it's not expensive to buy.
By the way, why do you manually insert a Signature in every Post, instead of setting one up?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 14, 2015
Thank you for all the help, I have returned it into GAME (My local game shop - not trying to be funny) and they said it is broken, because of the SD reader. I should be getting a replacement or at least an refund. I have tried everything, and nothing has worked, so it was hopeless giving it another shot, and eventually turned it in. [Forum Closed due to no help needed anymore]

Back