• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Defensive Team

Years
I never said 'Vire would be the one killing Swampy. Some other Poke would.

And if a 'Vire has HP Grass, then that means it's Special orientated, and Gliscor dies to Special moves anyway.

Electivire's Cross Chop will do a maximum of 149 damage to Registeel, and that doesn't look high to me. I can just kill it with Registeel's Hammer Arm if I really need to, what with Electivire's low Defense.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
It's a good team, but the problem is 4 out of the 6 have double weaknesses.

Years
It's a good team, but the problem is 4 out of the 6 have double weaknesses.

That's not as much an issue as you might think. It would take an idiot to keep a Pokémon in battle against something it'll obviously lose to. It's like trying to use Swampert against Roserade; it won't end well for you.

This is a switch-happy game, so don't think that those double weaknesses will be a problem.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
That's not as much an issue as you might think. It would take an idiot to keep a Pokémon in battle against something it'll obviously lose to. It's like trying to use Swampert against Roserade; it won't end well for you.

This is a switch-happy game, so don't think that those double weaknesses will be a problem.

Good point. I need to switch more now that I think about it, I have 4 switch ins on my team.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Yeah.

Any other comments from anyone?
Yep, Fire Fang may not be the best idea, it's kind of a weak move, and only kills Steel, Grass, and Bug. You already have Steel and Bug covered with EQ and Stone Edge, so I suggest Fly if you really hate Grass, or maybe Brick Break.

Years
Yep, Fire Fang may not be the best idea, it's kind of a weak move, and only kills Steel, Grass, and Bug. You already have Steel and Bug covered with EQ and Stone Edge, so I suggest Fly if you really hate Grass, or maybe Brick Break.

I refuse to use 2 turn moves like Fly. Brick Break might work, but I think Fire Fang is needed, in case someone tries to get smart with their own Articuno or something.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
I refuse to use 2 turn moves like Fly. Brick Break might work, but I think Fire Fang is needed, in case someone tries to get smart with their own Articuno or something.
Articuno is double dead by stone edge, and I see where you're coming from with the 2 turn thing, its an invitation to switch.

Years
Articuno is double dead by stone edge, and I see where you're coming from with the 2 turn thing, its an invitation to switch.

Articuno can learn Roost and take the first turn to recover from Stealth Rock's hit. That said, Articuno can still suffer flinching and/or a burn from Fire Fang, not just take major damage from it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Articuno can learn Roost and take the first turn to recover from Stealth Rock's hit. That said, Articuno can still suffer flinching and/or a burn from Fire Fang, not just take major damage from it.

You have to think math. Fire Fang is 65, and unless you're against Scizzor or a grass/bug type, it only does super effective, at 130. Dragon Claw hits for 120 with stab, which is almost as much, and can't miss. Stone Edge can miss, but it hits for 400 on Articuno, and its high crit chance gives it a good chance to hit for 800.

Years
You have to think math. Fire Fang is 65, and unless you're against Scizzor or a grass/bug type, it only does super effective, at 130. Dragon Claw hits for 120 with stab, which is almost as much, and can't miss. Stone Edge can miss, but it hits for 400 on Articuno, and its high crit chance gives it a good chance to hit for 800.

Then it's for Scizor and Forretress.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Then it's for Scizor and Forretress.

So you'd rather have a move for 2 things rather than all normal, ice and dark types?
I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm trying to help out, it's not worth getting a move for 2 things.

Years
So you'd rather have a move for 2 things rather than all normal, ice and dark types?
I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm trying to help out, it's not worth getting a move for 2 things.

Well, the thing is, Fire Fang can hit any Ice, Grass, Steel, and Bug Pokémon super effectively. That includes Articuno, Heracross, Abomasnow, Skarmory, Forretress, Scizor, Roserade, and Celebi, for starters. It's also neutral on Empoleon, which is a plus in my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Well, the thing is, Fire Fang can hit any Ice, Grass, Steel, and Bug Pokémon super effectively. That includes Articuno, Heracross, Abomasnow, Skarmory, Forretress, Scizor, Roserade, and Celebi, for starters. It's also neutral on Empoleon, which is a plus in my opinion.
Super effective isn't everything. Going through the regular game, my torterra evolution chain had HP flying, and against a Heracross or Breloom or something it was 4 times effective against, it did almost no damage, because the base was 10 or so. The same situation is true for Fire Fang, it's just not good enough base power without stab. Alright man, see you later, I gotta shower. Take what I'm saying into consideration.

Years
Super effective isn't everything. Going through the regular game, my torterra evolution chain had HP flying, and against a Heracross or Breloom or something it was 4 times effective against, it did almost no damage, because the base was 10 or so. The same situation is true for Fire Fang, it's just not good enough base power without stab. Alright man, see you later, I gotta shower. Take what I'm saying into consideration.

Let's see... It's a physical move, so Skarmory and Forretress have an easy time surviving it, but will need to rely on Blissey for Aromatherapy. Blissey won't switch in on Salamence, though. They'd switch in something with Ice Beam or something, which would be my cue to switch in Swampert or something. I just don't really see any of those as a threat, since Salamence is so powerful on Attack. He's got that Choice Band, too.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
The team is only weak to Gengar if it runs Hidden Power Ice/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast and even then it won't do much to Registeel or Articuno unless it carries specs, and if that were the case it wouldnt be too hard to outpredict Gengar.

Gengar really isn't much of a threat anymore

Years
The team is only weak to Gengar if it runs Hidden Power Ice/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast and even then it won't do much to Registeel or Articuno unless it carries specs, and if that were the case it wouldnt be too hard to outpredict Gengar.

Gengar really isn't much of a threat anymore

Thank you for that.

Any other comments?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
My only real concern is whether you'd be able to handle weather teams for long enough, namely a powerful swift swimmer like Kingdra. But other then that it's really hard to find weaknesses to this team.

TTar with Ice Beam maybe prove to be a handful as well.

God so hard finding weaknesses I go to the not so common pokemon (TTar is common, TTar with Ice Beam is less common)

Years
My only real concern is whether you'd be able to handle weather teams for long enough, namely a powerful swift swimmer like Kingdra. But other then that it's really hard to find weaknesses to this team.

TTar with Ice Beam maybe prove to be a handful as well.

God so hard finding weaknesses I go to the not so common pokemon (TTar is common, TTar with Ice Beam is less common)

I should be able to handle Sandstorm teams easily enough. Hail's the only one that really worries me, and that's hardly ever seen.

Back