• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness on GBA?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness are two of the Pokémon games released on the Nintendo Gamecube. Being on a home console, it allowed them to have pretty 3D graphics. But Do you think Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness could have worked on the GBA, with graphics similar to Ruby and Sapphire? Would the story have been enough to still make these great games? What would it have been like?

Discuss!

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I was debating on whether or not I should make a rm/pc version of it with GBA graphics. I definitely feel that it could have worked for gba but It stole my heart as a gamecube game (mostly for the graphics)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I think IMO I'd still work, although graphics wouldn't be as amazing, it'd be just as good, maybe lacking some things though :P

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I believe graphics together with storyline and the 3D sprites were what made GC games such a big hit.
I don't think this would work on GBA... if the graphics weren't so great, it wouldn't be a hit...
Not to mention the 3D sprites, they were something new.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I remember rumors on the school bus about Colosseum getting a GBA port, of course that never happened. Ah, but the visions in my head...! And those visions are why it's good on the GCN. It was nice to have a fresh new concept on a console that wasn't a Game Boy to be honest. I can't imagine those games being on a GBA screen. They just work on the GCN, if that makes sense. Colosseum is just one of those defining GCN games for me, so I can't imagine it being on something else.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
3D graphics made that story. Shadow pokemon would've been lame. Music actually has some feel to it. I mean I wouldn't be dancing to Miror B.'s music out of a GBA would I?

Qwert0s

Trawler of Webs
Years
To this day, even after all this time, not only do I still hope for this (Perhaps for the 3ds?) but I still have every note of the Pyrite Town song memorized and stuck in my head...

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
I think they would have been just as good just less flashy and the cutscenes would have been less impressive, but I would still play.

Back