• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clubs Ideas and Discussions

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
A Cosplay/Convention club would be awesome! Plan more amazing PC meetups at conventions and discussing about Cosplays... I am in!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Haha it's funny you should mention this because I've just been invited over to my friend's house today to watch Breaking Bad. I'll decide when I get home whether I would join a club about it :P

But Minzy if you want one you should make it!

droomph

weeb
Years
Is the show that good? I've heard so much hype about it... I might be inclined to agree if I watch and think it's good.
Well it involves meth so I'd have to say it is. Anywho
Gonna avoid a double post, but how about a Chess Club?
Ooh now this would be cool. Though rather than an "enthusiast's club" could it be a Chess Club Club Club clubbity club? I remember I used to have them at the library but then I moved :P It wasn't exactly fun but it was cool, so maybe we could work something out. Like set up text matches on Skype or IRC. It would also be very cool if cool if people could speculate, though a scheduling program would have to be made up (every half an hour? Hour? Dunno) but with Skype there could be a "gamemaster" who places the pieces and displays them on screen while people chat.

And in the actual thread you could have like classes where people study how to play better, and people would give help, not unlike a RMT thread in CBC.

And um if that works out how about a Go club? That would be cool

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
On TV show clubs such as breaking bad etc they only really work WHILE the show is airing and then they are only really used for episode discussion, so if you want to make one make it as the show begins airing, especially if its a popular show. This will be the best chance of having it being active.

The chess club! Now that could be really cool, especially with some of droomphs ideas implemented, there could even be like a PC Chess tournament or something! Though I think how this club would go really depends on how many people actively use it and organise games with other members for fun/ to help them get better.

Also I've dont even know what you mean by GO so...

droomph

weeb
Years
@CWP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game) this is what I mean. I think that since there's already schools dedicated to playing Go and perfecting your strategy and that it's practically a sport in Asia that it would be super cool for PC. And besides, it's easier than chess to record (there's 19x19 squares and you can place stones wherever you want and nothing gets moved)

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I wanted to start a club specifically for game design (and all aspects of it), but someone told me that would go in video gamers which I dunno how since all that's mostly discussed in there is games that are out and being played, etc. And it waters out the designing aspects in favour of "What is your fav boss?" "What annoys you in ___ game?"

Then I started thinking about a club for artists (like visual art/drawing/painting/spriting/animation etc.), but there's already an art section on the forum for random junk even though it's scattered and not all in one thread.

Outside of complete game design and art, I don't really know much about anything to start a club because it's like......a werid margin from too broad to too specific. ._.; So unless I start a random club for a random series, yeah. I hate how spread apart it makes everything seem.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
@CWP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game) this is what I mean. I think that since there's already schools dedicated to playing Go and perfecting your strategy and that it's practically a sport in Asia that it would be super cool for PC. And besides, it's easier than chess to record (there's 19x19 squares and you can place stones wherever you want and nothing gets moved)

Well in all honesty I don't really see a club like that working that well, especially since no one has said in this thread that they have any interest in it at all. It seems to be too dependent on member interaction which could be a big downfall in the clubs activity and participation, people are lazy.

I wanted to start a club specifically for game design (and all aspects of it), but someone told me that would go in video gamers which I dunno how since all that's mostly discussed in there is games that are out and being played, etc. And it waters out the designing aspects in favour of "What is your fav boss?" "What annoys you in ___ game?"

Then I started thinking about a club for artists (like visual art/drawing/painting/spriting/animation etc.), but there's already an art section on the forum for random junk even though it's scattered and not all in one thread.

Outside of complete game design and art, I don't really know much about anything to start a club because it's like......a werid margin from too broad to too specific. ._.; So unless I start a random club for a random series, yeah. I hate how spread apart it makes everything seem.

@Game design club.
I dont think theres much point in this, if you really want to discussion game development you can use either the video gamers club, the video game forum, or the game development forum, with the video game and game dev probably giving you the best chance of good activity.

@Art Club
Theres been discussion about this before and I think it ended up with being that theres already a forum dedicated to that kind of stuff so there wouldnt be much point to it.

Theres also no need for you to start a club, especially if it just comes down to being something random so you have a club.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hey, just thinkin' yo.

Would a comedian fan club & comedy workshop club be of interest to anyone?

Sorta like the Musician's corner, but for comedy?Watchy'all think?

Shining Raichu

Years
I'd join a comedian fan club just because I have so many comedians I love and I would love nothing more than to spam YouTube clips of Kathy Griffin and Chelsea Handler all day long :P

As for a comedy workshop club... I'm not sure it'd get much interest. Do we have that many people here who seek to be comedians?

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, it could be combined - it's not like they're mutually exclusive. People could post clips of their comedy attempts and we'll help them iron the kinks out.

But yes, definitely the fan club if anything.

droomph

weeb
Years
Go 'head and make it! Don't be afraid.

This section should be even more active that PoC, so go 'head and make it! We appreciate the activity, yo.

The emphasis is on the execution, not the idea. Try to see what they did right and wrong, and transfer what you learn over to your own club!

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
Nope! I just had a look and there isn't one (at least not one that's active) so if you wanna make one go ahead :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Made a homework club yayayaya!

I just posted it so it hasn't been approved yet.

Back