• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's That Pokemon! [ Week 1 (Ended) ]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
WHO'S THAT POKEMON!

Information

Every week there will be an enlarged image of a Pokemon. It's up to you to guess which Pokemon it is. Once you think you know which Pokemon it is, PM BinaryPeaches your guess. Winners will receive the following:
First Correct Guess: Bronze WTP Emblem
After Ten Correct Guesses: Silver WTP Emblem
After Twenty Correct Guesses: Gold WTP Emblem

I'll be keeping track of how many guesses each member has done. If you think you've reached 10 or 20 guesses but haven't received an emblem, contact me and we'll sort it out. At the end of the week I'll post what Pokemon it was, and the winners of that week. Then within the next moment a new thread with the next Pokemon will be posted.​

Rules

• You may only guess once per week, so be sure you're extremely sure of your guess before PMing.
  • Do not put your guess in this thread. Please PM BinaryPeaches your guess.
  • Put 'Who's That Pokemon' (or 'WTP') in the subject of your PM when you send your guess.
  • You may post in this thread. However, it may not be anything that might hint to other people what the Pokemon is, or the Pokemon's name. All posts with such information will be deleted and marked as spam. What you may post is if you guess, and how hard/easy you think it was.
  • There will be no hints. Don't ask for them.
  • Have fun!

Pokemon of the Week

23r68vs.png

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Yay, I'm happy to see this here. I think this was somewhat easy after considering the colors... I'm going to send a PM later but I may as well post some questions. :'D

1. Would shinies ever be featured?
2. Are images ever rotated/flipped?
3. Entering alts is banned or not?

Cheers. ~('o')`

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
1. For the time being they probably won't, but perhaps as a bonus in the future i'll do a shiny, and it'll go for two weeks of points rather than one week. :] That, or perhaps even a special emblem for shiny pokemon.
2. nope! just enlarged. If that ever changes I'll probably put it somewhere in the information that it might be flipped or rotated.
3. If your alt is the only one guessing, then i'll be okay with it. However, you can't vote on your main and on an alt. Just one guess per person. |3

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
Are these all Gen. V sprites you're using?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
since I was asked that several times, I'm going to say look at the size of the image (500x300) and how the pixels are.

aka it's a type of official art, guys.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Might as well ask though you probably won't be able to answer for the sake of it possibly being a hint:

Sugimori (a.k.a. the art that's always there on the Pokemon's page on Bulbapedia) or Dream World? I'm guessing Dream World based on the fact that Sugimori art uses a lot of different shades, but just to make sure...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Look at how the pixels are. I would assume that to be a huge clue in itself. ;D

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm... This one is actually pretty... well, I don't know. It's neither too easy, nor too difficult. Anyway, I did find the answer, though. Am I doing it too fast? I'm looking forward to the next week's WTP!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Naw, you didn't do it too fast, Twiggy. I've already gotten a lot of PMs for this. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
If I didn't PM you back, then you did it right. However, it does not guarantee the right answer. You'll have to wait until the end of the week to find that out. :]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
If it was your second attempt then I would be scared because this is the first week, and you're only allowed one guess. xD;

Anyways. End of the week is Saturday. Probably around the same time I posted this I'll announce the answer and post up a new one.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Have a lot of people gotten it yet?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Not too many, actually. Apparently this one was harder than I thought I made it out to be.

Years
I heard they were giving out emblems, er, I mean, I love guessing games. :D

I had to think about it for a moment or two, but I looked at the pixels and I'm pretty sure I got it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Just want to remind everyone who's planning on guessing that I'll be posting the answer and starting a new one around 9 PM EST Tonight. Which means you have about 8 and a half hours left. Good Luck.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
...I got so excited thinking that this was the post saying the answer. D:

Back