• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Triple types?

PoisonEmeralds

Rookie ROM Hacker
Years
Well there has been a lot of speculations of a lot of things... so... why not triple types?? do you think it might be possible?? if Game Freak does it well it could be really cool!!!!
Now this is what i've been waiting ages for! I really hope they add this... It would make battles more interesting >:D

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Triple types? No...just no. Dual-type pokemons are more than enough.

Dual types attacks like other people mentioned would be a lot more appropriate.

Especially if they make the dual attacks finally give Rock, Ice, and Grass types an edge in competitive battles.

What kinds of already-existing moves do you think that these kinds of Pokémon could use and that could be enhanced with a second typing?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think that would just add way too much complexity to the game mechanics, there's already enough combinations for dual-types with the 17 types that haven't been used yet. It just doesn't really make sense to do it right now.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Triple types would literally make me quit the game. It adds too much confusion to a game that is meant for kids and it could possibly break any semblance of balance the game already has. On top of that, moves' base powers would have to be adjusted too much to accommodate a 6x weak / 6x resist so that they weren't too powerful / too weak.

Back