• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey all, some help would be great, I've been waiting for a while ^^
So this WILL sound stupid to "scripting wizards" but I can't compile... ^^'
That rhyme was unintentional, I've been writing poetry lately, I know you don't care...
So I know to find an offset with FSF, but when I do that the game freezes, or... well, you don't want to know... *shudders* So I need help. Anything is appreciated! Please don't badger me about not posting my script:
1. I don't have acsses to my scripts now
2. This happens with all of them

Thanks all~! :pink_boogie:

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
I was facing with the same problem. What i did was-
1.write any script and assign in your game,i used pksvui.
2.note the offset and give to your ow character as usual,using a-map,and save.
3.now in A-map,you must have had pksvui selected as script editor in tools tab.
4.now click on the character and click open script.
5.the script will be open in pksvui,the script maybe
Good as you have written,or may have became corrupted with lots of unwanted lines added.dont worry.Ignore...
6.just cop everything and delete it,BUT DONT DELETE THE FIRST LINE,THAT IS THE OFFSET.
7.Now,open up your own script,you intend to write in your game.select all and copy,just leaving the first line,ie. The offset.
8. paste it in the pksvui window,in step 6.
9.now use the compile button on type and save.
10. Close this script window.
11. Now again check the ow character,you have just inserted the script.
12. If it has done,good, if not again repeat the process a few time.
I have done the same,and even inserted over 100 scripts in pokemon platinum to add several more legendry pokemon events,and others to further make it more better.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I wrote a script and the nicknaming part does not work, anyone know why? What happens is you say yes to nicknaming, the screen shows up but in the top left corner instead of there being a picture of charmander, there is a picture of an egg and when you enter a nickname, nothing happens, the name is still charmander, he is the script.
Spoiler:

Years
Originally posted by tamsheel
I was facing with the same problem. What i did was-
1.write any script and assign in your game,i used pksvui.
2.note the offset and give to your ow character as usual,using a-map,and save.
3.now in A-map,you must have had pksvui selected as script editor in tools tab.
4.now click on the character and click open script.
5.the script will be open in pksvui,the script maybe
Good as you have written,or may have became corrupted with lots of unwanted lines added.dont worry.Ignore...
6.just cop everything and delete it,BUT DONT DELETE THE FIRST LINE,THAT IS THE OFFSET.
7.Now,open up your own script,you intend to write in your game.select all and copy,just leaving the first line,ie. The offset.
8. paste it in the pksvui window,in step 6.
9.now use the compile button on type and save.
10. Close this script window.
11. Now again check the ow character,you have just inserted the script.
12. If it has done,good, if not again repeat the process a few time.
I have done the same,and even inserted over 100 scripts in pokemon platinum to add several more legendry pokemon events,and others to further make it more better.

Well, thank you!! You have been a big help so far, now to see if it works, :P.

EDIT: Well, a script worked, but not mine... When I talked to the old guy, it sent me into some random MissingNo battle... Is it problematic that I'm using XSE?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Ok, I'm trying to get a sprite hidden in a map untill I need it (stepping on a script tile). I tried to make it work in a level script, but it's still there. How do I fix this?
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71AC40
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer 0x871AC12
#raw 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x71AC12
#raw word 0x300
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer 0x8800600
#raw word 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x800600
hidesprite 0x1
setflag 0x300
end

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Ok, I'm trying to get a sprite hidden in a map untill I need it (stepping on a script tile). I tried to make it work in a level script, but it's still there. How do I fix this?
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71AC40
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer 0x871AC12
#raw 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x71AC12
#raw word 0x300
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer 0x8800600
#raw word 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x800600
hidesprite 0x1
setflag 0x300
end

Is this script a level script or a script box?

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Ok, that seemed to work. Why is that?
And second question:
How do I make him re-appear when standing on a regular script tile (no level script)?

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800607
lock
showsprite 0x1
clearflag 0x300
release
end

Isn't working ^.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
What is the basic skeleton for an obtain pokemon script? You know, the basic pointers and such if, say, you were already carrying 6 pokemon and received this seventh.

I tried looking at the actual thing on a clean ROM, but it was soo big with flags being set everywhere and variables being changed every second. I know you guys probably have this easy method of doing it (including the "Bill/Someone's PC", party being full, and switching boxes, and that type of stuff) and I'd like to know as well so I'm not putting a bunch of other unneeded variable changes into my script.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
What is the basic skeleton for an obtain pokemon script? You know, the basic pointers and such if, say, you were already carrying 6 pokemon and received this seventh.

I tried looking at the actual thing on a clean ROM, but it was soo big with flags being set everywhere and variables being changed every second. I know you guys probably have this easy method of doing it (including the "Bill/Someone's PC", party being full, and switching boxes, and that type of stuff) and I'd like to know as well so I'm not putting a bunch of other unneeded variable changes into my script.

This is the skeleton for a givepokemon script at it's very basic.

Spoiler:

That gives a Bulbasaur, level 5, holding no item.

The first byte (01) is the pokemon's index number.

The second byte (05) is the level.

The third byte (00) is the item's index number it's holding (00 means it's not holding anything.)

The last three bytes (00 00 00) are just filler bytes and need to be there.

Now, to add the check, you need to add an extra few commands.

So, here's the same script with the added commands:

Spoiler:

"Count pokemon" counts your pokemon, obviously. Then it compares the number to the number six. So then it's saying if there is six pokemon (a full party), go to the pointer "no", which will end the script without giving you a pokemon. This of course is the mere outline.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
For the name rater, in what way do you need to change his script so that he allows you to change the names of Pokémon that you received in a trade? I figure you might just be able to remove the part where he checks to see if the Pokémon is your own or not, but I'm not really sure what part that is.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
Hello there!

I am working on my first hack, so please don't be to hard on me for asking such noob questions- I know this is basic stuff, but I could really use the help of experienced hackers.

Now, I know how to do most of what I need to do, what I need help with, are the movement scripts (or at least I think that's what they're called). Basically, I need to know how to get sprites to lead you (like when oak leads you to the lab), follow you (like the pikachu sprite in pokemon yellow, but a human sprite instead), and how to get events to start (like in fire red when you approach the League and Gary intercepts you, initiating a battle).

I ave no idea where to find the codes for these movements, or where to place them in the script. Every tutorial I find isn't mapped out for a beginner like myself, so if anyone can shed some light on how to do this, it would be much appreciated!

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello there!

I am working on my first hack, so please don't be to hard on me for asking such noob questions- I know this is basic stuff, but I could really use the help of experienced hackers.

Now, I know how to do most of what I need to do, what I need help with, are the movement scripts (or at least I think that's what they're called). Basically, I need to know how to get sprites to lead you (like when oak leads you to the lab), follow you (like the pikachu sprite in pokemon yellow, but a human sprite instead), and how to get events to start (like in fire red when you approach the League and Gary intercepts you, initiating a battle).

I ave no idea where to find the codes for these movements, or where to place them in the script. Every tutorial I find isn't mapped out for a beginner like myself, so if anyone can shed some light on how to do this, it would be much appreciated!

If you are not sure how to make scripts, use this tutorial:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Don't worry about asking noob questions, we will try to answer them as best as we can! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
Thanks so much, that tutorial helped a lot. I still have a question though.
I was able to successfully compile a movement script, however when the compile buttons was clicked, it generated about 5 codes with names like; @start @done @ move etc, and I was wondering how I am supposed to insert these codes. Am i only supposed to do a specific one, or is there a specific way to add them all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back