• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well we can't make the media NOT report something as widespread.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
There are other branches of media besides news and current affairs that don't necessarily try to force others to believe, and may even try to help the opposite view, but still cause issues. Perhaps we can't stop them reporting it, but from what I have seen, and what I know about the way people's minds work, things could have been done differently. Even articles debunking doomsday myths can't stop people from believing, because there are people that still don't believe in what a lot of science has proven. Headlines like 'End of the World Today' don't help, because we all know that the most memorable part of an article is the headline.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Aww, and I was really hoping for the world to end! /sarcasmintended

So, anyone do anything worthwhile today so far?
I ate 300 calories today so far, and lost 1,000 :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm about to head into work. :( Then I'm gonna do some Christmas decorating!

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I knew the world ending would not happen, Its bound to happen at some point but today wasn't the right date :)

Years
I'm about to head into work. :( Then I'm gonna do some Christmas decorating!

Good for you Toujie.

I haven't bee able to hang up my decorations or put up the tree cos I'm just way too busy right now, and yeah, apocalypse never came.

I guess I was right again!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I put up my tree last week and it was really fun. We put up our lights on Thursday so you can say I've really been into the Christmas spirit lately. Can't wait to Tuesday!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It's Dec. 21 on my time, and my dog is acting really strange, as he's always next to the backyard door and the garage door.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Well, I woke up this morning.
I think my house is still intact. My snake actually shed last night, so I'm totally keeping it, solely because of when she did it.

Years
Best thread title ever.

But you can't celebrate the end of the world yet! The Mayans lived in a timezone that hasn't reached Dec. 22nd.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, that hadn't even occurred to me before.
Guess I'll have to wait for the apocalypse. I wonder how many people actually bought this and are off in their underground shelters right now?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My pets always act strange, my dog is barking which is no different than any other day. The only out of the ordinary happening is there was a lot of wind last night and it blew some small tree branches down, nothing major though.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Today I had to write a 1000-word article on the crazy theories about the end of the world and it barely fit. It's kind of ridiculous.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Best thread title ever.

But you can't celebrate the end of the world yet! The Mayans lived in a timezone that hasn't reached Dec. 22nd.

That reminds, I have no idea which timezone the Mayans live in despite mentioning how the event won't happen in anyone else's timezone.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
"From the calm morning, the end will come
When of the dancing horse
the number of circles will be 9." - Nostradamus

Korea is called the country of the calm morning.
Gangnam style is a horse dance.
9 circles, as in 1 000 000 000 views

Gangnam Style has reached 1 billion views as of today.

ERMAHGERSH The Mayans we're actually right ! The END IS NEIGH!

Edit: @Pinkie-Dawn I believed the Mayans lived in the Central time zone. Which is the same time zone as me and everything's fine here and it's a really sunny day.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Somebody on the radio today was talking about something to do with a black hole at the center of our galaxy and how it emits some sort of radiation and how the world wouldnt end but it was gonna change the world somehow,because something was supposed to align .I dunno really what he was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back