• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku and Miku stopped what they were doing as they heard Josh's father break down. Miku was freed as the boy stood up and watched. He didn't say a word; merely observed as he felt the air of the early morning mix with his wet clothes. Catching a cold didn't matter because he was taking in Gregory's hysterics. If Mist-- no, Josh-- was the reason he didn't become an emotional wreck...

That was it, wasn't it? Miku followed Kiroku with a confused look on her face; shivering as she too felt the air hit her clothes. Kiroku hopped out of the fountain and put his footwear back on. Looking over at Miku, staring at him and shivering in place, he looked over at Emil and Gregory and called out to them. "Ponce! Grieving Father! We can't let Miku catch a cold! One of you be a gentleman and give her your blanket!" Kiroku yelled out, obviously uninterested in the difference between cape or cloak. Either way, the girl needed something warm.

"What about you? You're going to catch something, too," Miku protested, Kiroku helping her out of the water, "Take the other one."

"No, I have to do something," the boy declined, looking over at Miharu, "Even if I get a cold, I've never been sick for more than a couple of days. I had a really strong immunity system back on Earth, and I doubt it's different now. I'll be fine, but regardless we need you well; take one of their back-accessories." Miku wanted to argue further, but she heard how serious Kiroku sounded. He was thinking of the mission and a comrade.

But Miku gasped as he turned and walk away; to Miharu. Clearly she was his mage. She didn't know what to think now. A small blush was on her face as she saw that he was talking to her. It... bothered her? Who knew. Did it really matter? He pretty much dragged her into this conflict. But, on the other hand, he jumped into the fray and saved her butt when he didn't necessarily have to. At the very least she owed him a debt of gratitude. Helping in any way she could, Miku thought to herself, was the least she could do for him and that princess. But why did his mage have to be female? It can't be true what they say about the bond between mages and their familiars... can it? Miku thought, walking hurriedly towards Emil and Gregory as a small gust of wind made the cold intense. When she approached the two, she looked up at both of them and waited for some kind of reaction. It was cold...

"I think you know all about Josh; probably before any of us," Kiroku had said flatly, his tone hardly changing from the serious one he used on Miku, "I have a feeling that, if he really is alive, he's in some dire need of immediate treatment. Adriel's magic might help, but we can't just rely on that. Nor can we just rely on bandages and kisses; it's time for that immediate crash-course in potions. Even if you can't teach me basic understandings so that I can work independently, I can take directions rather well. What ever potion that we can make without purchasing them flat-out will save more cash for other supplies."

As he waited for Miharu's response, he listened into Gregory's proposal to raise money. By the sound of it, it wasn't going to be pretty. However, Kiroku was going to pull out all the stops in this new preparation for the upcoming siege. He'd balance raising money and learning/making potions in any way he could as best as he could; stay up late for days if he must. It was the least he could do to help the team; both the allies with and away from him. To him, there was no time to slow down.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna stared at Gregory with a scared look on her face. She leaned onto Emil for protection. He was about to kill her, but something stopped him.

"Wh-what is your plan." Kenna whispered.

Emil put his arm around her to show that he was protecting her. Gregory looked like he was thinking so Kenna waited. She looked up at Emil and he had an amused look on his face.,

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Well the thing is.... the nobles around here are sexist pigs... they take women when they want and can easily be *cough* distracted by them...." Gregory said.

Adriel began to blush furiously.

"If you are suggesting that we bend to these mens will then you are sorely mistaken you perverted old man!" Adriel cried.

"I am not suggesting anything of the sort my dear..." Gregory stated plainly.

"Im just suggesting you ladys use your *ahem* unique talents to distract them long enough for us to jump them and get any money they may be carrying..." Gregory smirked.

"You digusting man!!!" Adriel screamed.

"What makes you think we'll do such a thing!"

"Well Miss Adriel... it's either that or work in a sweatshop on the military street for a month just to pay for the bare nececities of our journey..." Gregory threatened.

"In other words it's pretty much our only option..." Gregory grinned.

"Haha!" Emil luaghed.

"If you honestly think I'm going to let Kenna partake in such a stunt then you are mad!"

"Fine then ponce... be like that, see you at the sweatshop." Gregory had the upper hand here.

Emil turned to Kenna.

"Ummmmm... hehe..." He couldn't find the words to say in this situation.

"Then it's settled!" Gregory said as he removed his cloak at Mikus approach.

"We'll get to work immediately!" He wrapped his cloak around Miku and headed for the door.

It was roughly 7 P.M. when Gregory led them to the Blooming Rose Bar on South street. He opened the door to reveal various girls serving noble men while wearing tiny maid outfits.

"This is the place!" Gregory announced.

Adriel looked at him like he had twoheads.

"Is the sweatshop still an option...." She said nervously.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
As the girl picked up the knife, Alex felt threatened. Maybe it was the small look of... cruelty in the girl's eyes? He was pretty certain if she would plan to escape, the knife would be found sticking out of Alex's chest.

"Uh..." Alex started. "Let me tell you, even if the fireball won't kill you, it will leave you with some third degree burns, so...." He laughed. Nervously.

She had seemed pretty interested in the fireball, though, and Alex's powers. Pretty impressed, which made Alex blush a bit. He had always been teased about his lack of magical strength, for the first time somebody actually appreciated them.

"Thank you, Alex. My name's Maka. Maka Key," The girl said. So, her name was Maka?

"We don't have magic back in Earth…and you look good at it. Can you teach me something, so I can show everyone when I get back?" She asked.

"Good at it?" Alex blushed a bit again. "I'm far from that. I'm not sure how I'm able to do that myself... really. It just, happened one day. After that I've always been able to summon a small fireball by just thinking." He said.

"And... I'm sorry to say, but I'm seriously not sure about the 'Returning to Earth' part... I don't think that is possible." Alex frowned.

Before Maka could answer, a flyer flew into the room. Ales picked it up, and read the heading written in bold letters.

Familiar Showcase

As soon as he read those words, he crumpled up the paper into a ball, and threw it near Maka's bed. He didn't want her to read that. At all.

(OOC: Sorry, Crappy.)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
((OOC: I guess my post really didn't go through last night. Darn. Give me a second to rewrite it a bit... By the way, are we going to have Miharu and Kiroku get together like Kenna and Josh, or are we just going to be best friends? I kind of want to take the friends route, so if Miku wants Kiroku, she can have him. ;) I just don't really like romances in a RP, sorry. xD))

Miharu nodded. "You have finally realized? I do not abandon friends without a very good reason, or if I am sure they will be able to survive." Miharu stood up, her mind running through different potions that would be the easiest to make and the way to go about teaching. "After the drama gets settled, you, myself, and Miku-san can go to the nearest forest in order to hunt for some potion ingredients. I do have a potion set with me, but that is for emergencies only."

Miharu noticed the look that Miku had given her before Kiroku came to walk over, and had correctly concluded that, perhaps, Miku lliked Kiroku in that way. She was quite happy that Kiroku had someone like Josh had Kenna, knowing that she could never fill the role of a girlfriend. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to marry, or have children, although eighteen was usually the age where many girls think of such things. She didn't realize have a good example to base parenting skills on, and it wasn't as if she could just go up to her parents and ask, "Oh hey, mum, dad, the parents who abused me, how should I take care of my children?" ((She doesn't actually say this out loud.)) It would be stupid and probably deadly. Maybe.

She scowled at Josh's father suggestion. "Wow, can no one think to ask other people if they have money or not? I have an emergency stash with about a thousand dollars. Actually, if I remember correctly, 1,298 dollars to be exact."

As to where that stash was, she wasn't about to say it out loud for it to be pick pocketed. "Also, I cannot believe that you guys have not realized that Josh-san is alive, currently."

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Foolish girl, I know full well he's alive, my soul would have left me were he not... but for how much longer I don't know..." Gregory grimaced.

"It's not exactly easy to survive in the Germanian royal dungeon, they put you through back breaking labour and only feed you if you do well enough. My son is too proud to do that..." Gregory smiled.

"Just don't hold out much hope for him remaining alive... I myself don't and he's my only child... Which is why I desire revenge early... and you could have mentioned this money issue earlier... then we would never have had to come here..." Gregorys shifted as a man approached them.

"I beleive these lovely ladys might be able to assist me sir... are they yours?" The man asked, he was of rough build, large and muscular.

"I'm afraid... these ladys will not be able to assist you... for you see they are not here to be your mistress'... brute." Gregory stated confidently.

"You obviously don't know who I am old man... my names Marco Daelia, head of Mayguards town guard, wether they work here or not, they're mine." The man raised his arm about to knock Gregory aside.

Just as the man swung, time slowed around Gregory allowing him to see things clearer. His ruins glowed and he saw that although the man was strong, he was extremely off balance when attacking. The ability to see this was Gregorys familiar ability.

Perceptio.

Time moved at normal speed and Gregory rolled forward and sliced the mans feet with his wrist blade.

He went tumbling forward and fell to the ground.

He growled and jumped at Gregory, who quickly sidestepped and let the man crash into the table, knocking himself out. He was carried out by the barmen and Gregory withdrew his weapon. Needless to say they were politely asked to leave the establishment.

Adriel watched Gregory stood with a slight smirk on his face outside the establishment. It was dark out even though it was only roughly twenty past seven. But it was Winter so that was to be expected.

She wondered about him, he seemed so determined to avenge the death of his son who hadn't died... was there really so little hope of them getting to Josh.

But on the other hand... Josh was alive! That was such great news! But if his odds of survival were really so slim... then perhaps this was no cuase for celebration and as for the princess.... Adriel couldn't say she was hopeful...

Emil hadn't payed the small tussle any mind, he had gone into shock when he realised that the stupid servant who had the esteemed honour of being his rival still lived. He should have known... Kenna had been upset but she had not become a lifeless husk. Her soul still remained and that made him happy.

However if the circumstances were that grim... then how long would she stay the same?

Emil walked over to Kenna and held her close.

"We'll save him Ken."

and if it meant saving Kennas soul, he would go to the ends of the Earth to do so.

Josh sat on the floor of his cell and stared at the bowl of potatoe soup and small slice of hard bread given to him as supper.

He ate some soup but he didn't have much of an apetite, it seemed the princess however thought different.

Josh glanced at the empty tray in front of Leonda as she stared at it with a forlorn expression on her face.

Josh sighed.

He held out his plate of food to the princess.

"Here." He said.

The princess looked at him questioningly at first then smiled in thanks and took the food from him.

Josh closed his eyes and prayed that the others were safe.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(OOC: While the idea of having 1,298 currency is nice, it feels kind of anti-climactic with the money issue if that's going to be enough for everything the party will need. Plus, it kind of kills the sacrifice sentiment I was going with in my last post... maybe just a little XD

So perhaps we could go with the whole medieval-time stereotype deal that basically makes equipment and other goods a little more costly?)

"Miku-san?" Kiroku asked, looking confused as he stared over at the village girl (she seemed happy that they were all being forced out of the place, and Kiroku could relate), "Ohh... right! Miku knows these parts like the back of her hand, so she'd probably know the best places for the herbs we need! Man I wasn't kidding to think that she's becoming a great asset to our group." As if to aid in the good news, Miharu could also supply 1,298 dollars for funds. They were pretty much scrap for cash after all the clothes they had to buy for the disguises, but everything seemed to be going--

Josh!! Oh man, I forgot! Kiroku thought, biting his lower lip slightly as he remembered that they needed to think of him, too, After that fire spell, his clothes will probably be in tatters. That means that he'd need some new garbs, too, or he won't be as protected as the rest of us. I doubt the princess really needs anything; after all, they probably won't rough her up too much until they get an idea of how negotiations for her release will go. Besides, she will have clothes waiting for her. Josh is a different case; he was summoned with just the clothes on his back like the rest of us. Factoring in the cost of an outfit for Josh, things were looking a bit different. They'd have more than enough for food and shelter until they set their plans into motion, but not everything would be covered. Additional potion supplies and reagents (as Miharu said herself, her set was for emergencies only) would probably cost a good amount, too. At the very least, two healing potions and a potion to ease burn damage would need to be brewed, but there was the possibility of a lengthy battle to consider. Not just lengthy battles, though; tough ones. There's no way that the Elder Dragon from before just decided to attack for the fun of it. It might not have been the last, too. Thinking about the army of clay people as well, it could have been caused by a second Elder Dragon, or some other strong foe. Regardless of the true identity, it wasn't going to be easy. As he hinted at before, Adriel and Miharu alone probably wouldn't be enough to get through the whole campaign (more and more mages are joining the ranks, and with other familiars from Earth). If only to satisfy Kiroku's worry, a bulky set of potions at the ready would also be needed.

But then, what could be done to raise the money they needed? This last idea... though probably would have worked, wasn't exactly the greatest. Though, as much as he wanted to ignore it, he had to think of something else to not feel like he was just shooting ideas down. "Hey, Gregory. Since you know your son so well, you probably also know that he'll want to rejoin the fight as soon as we free him. I doubt his weapon will be hard to find and return to him, but he will probably need some new clothes after that spell," Kiroku spoke up, looking at the familiar's father knowingly, "That's not going to leave us with enough for anything more that simple necessities. Perhaps you know of a place that's more... useful to us? I mean, a place were our abilities will be our advantage?"

Miku stayed silent as she gripped Gregory's cloak tighter. She had dried off a while ago, but this was more for security. It sounded like Kiroku meant an arena of sorts; gamboling. Not just gamboling, though. She knew of a place exactly for that, but it wasn't like Gregory's idea. That arena that came to mind, located deep in the forest, was no joke. The people that gamboled there were dirty in just about every meaning of the word. None of them played fair, and signing up to participate was pretty much signing into slavery; they'd keep you there until you die. These were skirmishes to the death. It wasn't unheard of for a person to fight for ages in the arena, assemble riches that would make them wealthy like nobles, then die before they could even touch it.

There was no way Miku could let them know about it. Seeing how Kiroku acted so far, he'd run for the place and sign himself up without a second thought. In fact, several people in the group would probably do the same. And, seeing how there were familiars and magi in the group, it would be cruel to see two people in this group be picked to fight each other ; risking the lives of at least two people. There was no way the girl would forgive herself if that happened...

"Miku? You say something?" Kiroku asked, still staring at her confused.

"Eh?! No, no! I was just thinking of a way that we could raise some money!" Miku said, an awkward smile on her face as she thought quickly, "Like-- I dunno-- Grandstanding! Performing for money!! Maybe we could, you know, think of some amazing tricks and perform them for people by the fountain. If we're good enough, we can make a steady profit that may help us."

"Interesting idea! I was thinking about mugging muggers for their loot or something, but I think Miharu and I could probably jump through some fiery hoops of death if Kenna's willing to join our escapade," Kiroku laughed to himself, Miku looking at him completely dumbfounded. Did he seriously think about bullying the bullies of the town?

"Crash course, remember?" Miharu grumbled, being curt with her words.

"Right..." Kiroku laughed, rubbing the back of his neck.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
(sorry for not posting PC wasn't really working for me nowadays. Think it's solved so yeah, back to work)

Andre let out a whimper of concern as his mistress was struggling in his arms, and it was obvious that she was suffering not only because of the wounds, but because of something else, something that's been bothering her for quiet a while. Her familiar couldn't possibly read her mind, though, and the commoner knew that. He wasn't able to cure her mentally, but at least he could heal her wounds. THAT was in his control.

"Hang on there..." Andre whispered, carrying the unconscious girl until they stopped before a clear stream. The stream was rather far away, as it took him ten seconds to reach even when using his Volo. Making his way to the water, Andre lowered his body, kneeling and placed Adria onto the ground as light as he could. "Why can't I have healing skills instead?!" Andre spoke to himself, growling in frustration as he lifted her wounded hand, then dropped her arm into the clear water so it could cleanse the bacteria in the wounds.

Placing his palm onto her forehead, the boy sighed in relief - there was no fever, but it was probably going to take awhile in order for her to wake up. Then Adria shivered in her unconsciousness, and glancing around the place - a forest, there wasn't anything for him to cover her with. Carrying her to a flatter ground to minimize her pain, Andre slumped onto the floor next to her as he had failed to find anything useful. Then it hit him. Looking at his shirt, he took it off, then he placed the sheet of cloth onto her body at the risk of himself getting a cold. But at least she wasn't shivering anymore and it was worth it, at least, for Andre it was.

Where was the others? After leaving the academy things were rather messy and now they were all alone, lost in the forest. One unconscious, one cold.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
The king of Germania sat upon his throne positioned upon his balcony he sat atop a spire of floating boulders held together by his own subconcious. Germania was the rgion of the strongest Earth mages imaginable and keeping a structure as small as this was simple thinking for him. No his true power lay out the window before him.

A massive army of clay soldiers stood in defense before him. He walked down from his throne, boulders appearing beneath his feet so he would never fall. He stepped over the edge of his balcony and walked through the air. He opened his arms and his army did the same, he charged forward and so did they.

Amassive force of over seven hundred thousand soldiers charged in perfect synchronisation.

The king commanded them to run in a whirlpool like formation, the bodys of the soldiers crashing together and bits of clay moving of their own accord. The king focused his power and began to rise the mass of clay and melt it with his power. It began to smelt into a poweful iron compound and reform itself as a massive metal Golem.

The king landed on its shoulder and the Golems eyes hidden behind its massive metal helmet glowed a grand red, colour of Germanias flag.

More clay soldiers flocked around it and the king began to chant he spoke words of master Earth magic, words that would kill anyone less.

"Spiritus terra! Germania I rex, statui praecipio tibi patria! Da mihi virtutem in maius imperium, exercitum omnem ante! Germania reget!" The king clenched his fist and smiled, he pumped it into the air and every entity even the golem did the same.

The king leapt from the Golems soldier and charged forward on a pathway of stone.

His grand army followed him.

"The boy has a point... but I'm not letting ones so young go in alone..." Gregory looked solemnly forward.

"He's my son, if anyone is risking their lives to save him it's me... I'm not telling you not to come... I am saying you're not going without me." Gregory turned to face the group.

"Up on the North street instead of a North gate they have an arena known as the void... It takes you to a place of evil and hate where disturbing beasts attack you at will, it's where void magic is said to cultivate and grow and it's also where it got it's name. Theres very few portals to the void still left in the world and this is one of the only ones left." Gregory sighed.

"But if it's needed to save my son, I'll go through that horrible place, the reward for making it to the other side is a hefty sum of seven thousand... should be more than enough for our..." Gregory turned serious his eyes like drills into the soul.

"Inside the void, your greatest fears will be collected and shown to you, it needn't be an enemy you face in the void... it could simply be the one thing you dread the most... and should you let yourself beleive what is happening is true... you can never come back from the void... it will take you in and never let you out. It will keep you wallowing in your own missery for eternity..." Gregory said.

"Now are you sure you want to do this?"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
For awhile even unconscious Adria was in terrible pain both physically and mentally and she was also freezing. But after awhile the cold and the pain went away all of it. The thing was Adria was still unconscious. A-Am I dead!? her mind screamed at her as it was just darkness all around. W-What about Andre? she thought running around the darkness trying to find anything but the light. The light was all she found and as she went towards it her tears fell.

Meanwhile outside of the young Mages mind her body stirred a little bit and Andre noticed this and picked her up a worried look in his eyes as his mage opened her eyes and was already near tears. Adria saw Andre holding her and one single tear fell but her held her closer and wiped it away. "It's okay" she heard his voice whisper to her.

Taking a deep breath Adria hugged him back calming "I k-kept seeing when my father would beat me" she whispered looking around noticing they were alone. She didn't need to ask somehow she already knew. They had lost the others when Andre was taking care of her. But where could they have gone? She stood weakly swaying a bit and leaning on her familiar for support as she looked around "There's a town to the North the others must be there" she said as he picked her up again and nodded running in the direction she pointed.

When they got to the town the first thing they did was get new clothes with the money Adria had with her. Adria had chosen a light pink gown made of a soft material but underneath it wore a thin chain vest that wasn't noticable. She had curled her hair and had a small pink bow holding it back. After seeing that Andre had gotten new clothes she took his hand and after a few minutes she found the others a strange man with them though she noticed someone was missing "Guys what happened? Is everyone okay?" Adria asked softly still having to lean on her familiar.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Thank God you guys are here... I was afraid we might have lost more than one person... Josh has been kidnapped by the Germanians... and theres a strong posibility he will die there." Emil said.

"As for the void, nobodys ever come back from there Gregory... it's suicide..."

"I don't care my son needs me... so I'll do whatevers necesary..." Gregory muttered without another word he lead the group up the North road.

They had been accepted without any trouble, itwas usually suicidal maniacs who came to the void so seeing some people who actually looked like they could fight was refreshing.

They had left Benjamin at the inn a little boy would stand no chance.

Gregory, Emil, Adriel and the others who had decided to come (OOC: I'll let you guys decide whether or not you take part.) stood in the arena nd a massive swirling black mass stood before them. The announcer began to speak.

"Behold Ladies and Gentlemen! A group of brave souls who have prepared themselves to enter hell and back for their own needs!"

The croud cheered and the announcer continued.

"Now brave heroes enter your greatest fears!"

Gregory and the others stepped into the black light, the void awaited.

The king of Germania sat on his throne, he had just succesfully sent his new army to destroy the town of Mayheart as a test of his power. The king was a rutheless man... willing to destroy his own followers just to test his own strength. They didn't matter to him, they were just tools.

A knight walked in and whispered in the kings ear some valuable information.

So the captured man was one of the Gandalfrs... this was interesting.

"Bring him to me at once!" The king ordered.

Josh sat on the pile os straw given to him as a bed.

"Just like normal..." He smirked.

A guard came to the cell door and the princess stood up defensively.

"The king wants to see the Gandalfr..." He murmured.

Josh stood up.

"Me?!" He asked.

The void was technically a copy of there own world. Only unstable and unruly, the portal had taken them to the void version of Mayhearth bodys littered the streets, the bodies of combatants who had taken on their challenge.

The task was easy enough, retreive a phial of dark water from the void version of the fountain of dreams, dubbed by followers of the void arena as the fountain of nightmares.

Gregory walked forward leading the group. It was pitch black the only light coming from easy chaos red lantersn, bathing the area in a blood red glow. They reached the fountain with no trouble.

"This is it?" Emil asked.

"This is hardly worth the money payed."

"Foolish ponce..." Gregory commented.

"The creatures here are very teretorial but they are also quite fair. They will let you visit... they will let you look around... but when you try to take something from this world..." Gregory screwed the top on the vial of dark water and his ruins glowed as he heard the growling of nearby beasts.

"They get very angry."

Two beasts leaped out from the shadows, one appeared as a blood red flame who gathered nearby debris to create himself a body. The other appeared to be created from the dark water a core glowing bright red in his cranium.

"This my friends..." Gregory clicked open his staff blade and drew his hidden blade down from his wrist.

"Is our true challenge!"

Josh stood in front of the king of Germania he stood wearing fine intricate golden armour aswell as a chainmail hood with a small crown grafted on top.

He carried no weapon and he had a long, bulky face. His eyes were determined his nose was hooked and his teeth glowed a glittering white.

"What do you want of me?" Josh asked.

"I want to test your strength Gandalfr." The king stated plainly.

"I want to know my opponents are worth my time." The king threw his guantlet to the ground in front of Josh.

Josh hesitated for a moment then picked it up.

"Excelent..." The king murmured.

"NOW GANDALFR! I FREDERIC DIANOS GLORIA, KING OF GERMANIA WILL BE YOUR OPONENT!" The king charged at Josh swords of Earth forming in his hands.

Josh was sent flying across the room as the man made contact.

He pulled himself up and drew his sword.

The king came charging again but this time Josh managed to parry and slice the kings face.

The king got angry and began to furiously hack at Josh, the two men continuously crossed blades.

A sudden thrust of Earth struck Josh in the back and the King forced him forward with a large slash creating a large gash in his stomach. Josh shoved his fist inside it and stood dtrong with his blade in his other hand.

"C'mon!" He cried as he charged at the king.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(OOC: This is going to be lengthy. Enjoy... :p)

"So why didn't you two decide to join the others at the void?" Miku asked, walking over to Kiroku and Miharu with an armful of herbs she picked for the potions. She laid them out in front of Miharu, whom was sitting on the ground and preparing what she needed to create the potions. She seemed to have quite a few phials, about twenty in total, but the potions they needed would take some time to create in bulk. The first few would be the healing potions that they needed; they were more powerful than standard healing potions (minor to slightly moderate wounds), but they wouldn't be enough to cure any critical injuries completely. The next batch would be energizing potions that could be used to erase fatigue. The last potion they were going to create was an antitoxin(in case the spy tried to assassinate with poison). This one was going to be a little difficult, as the last ingredient they needed would cost a pretty good amount at the town's potion shop. They'd need to wait for the seven thousand dollars to come in to purchase this last item.

"Kiroku and I needed to be here," Miharu said, examining the herbs that Miku found, "All the potions we need will wipe out the money the others are trying to collect at once if we buy them. I can make them no problem, and replacing the phials will not be so costly."

"Besides, Emil and Adriel are there. Miharu and I will just be overkill; this will increase our productivity," Kiroku said, sorting out the phials from the box Miharu had been carrying in a pack, "Good thing we managed to salvage this..."

"Yes, but while I brew the healing potions you two should get to work on finding the ingredients for the next batch," Miharu said, grabbing a couple of the same herbs, "We'll need more Dragon Thistle, about four-to-five for each bottle. We'll also need Magecotton, two-to-three for each bottle, and one Volo Fruit for the whole batch."

"Got it. Let's go, Kiroku," Miku said, nodding to herself. Kiroku stood up and walked off with the village girl back into the forest. It seemed odd why Miharu decided to set up shop in the middle of the forest, but it would be faster than running back into town. Even if trouble appeared in the woods, the boy knew she'd be fine.

Since Kiroku and Miku already knew the spot for Dragon Thistle, they decided to go for that herb first. It wasn't too far out; probably ten minutes at the most away from the mage. They were easy to spot, too. The herb was completely white and looked like the jaws of a dragon (probably why it was easy to remember the name). Kiroku was the one to pick about thirty or so under the advice of Miku ("Magecotton will be trickier than Dragon Thistle, so leave that one to me."). As soon as he was done, Miku directed him towards the next herb. Magecotton, Miku explained on the way, was a more dangerous herb to gather. And it wasn't because of location nor the animals that were naturally related to it in the ecosystem. It was because the plant, to an extent, was a sentient killer. However, it was only reactive to magic. Even though Kiroku himself wasn't a mage, his core and brand would be enough for it to activate on him. Miku was the only one out of the three that was safe handling it. Miharu could still process the herb it after Miku picked it, but the main plant would attack if she tried to get near it. It wasn't too difficult finding it once they got near enough; the plant suddenly lashed out at Kiroku and tried to take his head off. Nearly dropping the Dragon Thistle he collected, the boy scrambled back to a safer distance. It didn't seem to be aware of Miku at all, though. She was even picking the pinkish fluff off the moving tendrils like it wasn't a big deal. When she assembled about twenty pieces of Magecotton she backed away and told Kiroku they could leave. Kiroku was more than happy to leave.

"I didn't see that one coming," Kiroku sighed with relief as he walked with Miku away from the Magecotton plant. Miharu and himself could have collected the plant together, Miharu putting herself into harm's way and Kiroku using his power to anticipate the strikes to sever different tendrils from the main body, but Miku made it much easier. She didn't even seem timid to approach the plant. "I guess I now see the other reason why Miharu suggested that you come with us to collect the ingredients. Thanks for coming."

"It's no big deal. Honestly it's the very least I could do," Miku said, looking down at the Magecotton in her arms, "I mean, all of you have been so nice to me, even when you're all on an important mission. And for the longest time I've wanted this tyranny to end, so I have my own reasons to help."

"How long has your village been under complete Germanian control?" Kiroku asked, looking over curiously, "You don't have to talk about it if you're uncomfortable."

"It's fine; it's been a while since they first oppressed my village," the village girl said, looking at the trail ahead. She couldn't forget about the Volo Fruit, but that last ingredient was going to be the easiest of the three. Even so, she kept her eyes away from Kiroku's. "I was about eight when they arrived and took over."

"So how long has it been?" Kiroku asked, getting a small huff in response.

"It's rather rude to try and ask for a lady's age; even if it's an indirect question," Miku muttered out loud, making Kiroku laugh to himself awkwardly, "But if you really want to know, it's been about ten years." Ten years, huh? Easy math. So, Miku was at least eighteen. Now that I think about it, she does seem about as old as Miharu... Does that mean that Miharu's eighteen, too? Man, I didn't know I was the younger one, Kiroku thought to himself, but when he looked back at Miku she was glaring at him slightly.

"Th-that's tragic! I'm sorry to hear that," Kiroku said hurriedly, though not entirely seeing how he was being insensitive (age wasn't exactly a big concern for him), "So, I'm guessing it's not exactly a happy tyranny." Smooth. Real smooth.

"No, it hasn't," Miku said as-a-matter-of-factually, shaking her head slightly, "They took many of the residents of my village, man, woman, child, elderly, and force them to work in quarries. Usually they're worked to death. I was the only lucky one; I grew up apprenticed under my parents. They made potions like your mage. Instead of laboring to death, I was allowed to stay and gather herbs for my parents. They were one of many families forced to produce potions for the king's armies. My parents and I were allowed to live while the other people we knew were being taken left and right to die. I want to know that my neighbors will be avenged."

"We'll do everything in our power to help. I'll pull the extra weight if the others slack off," Kiroku said, nodding to himself as he thought about the Germanian King. There was no way to know if he himself was a fighter, or if he was the type to hire people to do his bidding, but either way both ideas irked him. Either way, he was a bully, and now probably had one of their comrades in addition to the princess. There could be no mercy for him. "He won't get away with that anymore."

"Quite the big talk for someone like you," Miku said, slightly intrigued while also doing a bit of teasing, "Are you just a silver knight? Or a glutton for slavery?" Kiroku tilted his head in confusion.

"I just do what I can for the people closest to me. The sentiment has only gotten stronger since I became a familiar," Kiroku said simply, sighing as he look up at the sky, "I can't be certain of many things since I'm still new to this world, but I can be certain of how I feel and the people who are close to me. I don't want to be a burden to anyone."

"Sounds like a childish ideal to me; numerous people in this world are cutthroat and want to flaunt their power over the weak," Miku said, shrugging to herself as Kiroku returned an indignant gaze to her, "What? Are you thirteen or something?"

"I'm older than that!!" Kiroku protested, eyes twitching, "And you don't have to talk to me about cutthroat. I'm well acquainted to it."

"Oh? Then how old are you?" Miku asked, a sly smile growing on her face. She was also getting in Kiroku's. Kiroku stammered for a moment.

"Why would you ask about mine if you had a problem revealing your own? Especially when being so rude about it," Kiroku defended, backing away slightly.

"You forget that I have way more experience with the flora of these parts. I could very well lead you to the most dangerous one and let it eat you if you don't answer me," Miku explained, her smile getting a bit devilish, "Try me, I want you to dare me."

"You can't be serious," Kiroku said out loud. He was sure of it, but then Miku laughed in a way that matched the mood she wanted to give off. It didn't bother him at first, but the smile was getting to him. Maybe there was something worse than the Magecotton plant. Just the thought of it, the imaginary plant-beast that grabbed him and threw him into it's maw, made him lose faith in what he said. Sure enough, the boy eventually cracked and let his facial expressions express the paranoia that she put into his mind. "... Seventeen. I'm sorry." Miku let out a fit of laughter as she backed away.

"Don't worry! There isn't anything that dangerous in these parts! But the look on your face was PRICELESS!!" Miku laughed, almost letting go of the pinkish fluff. Kiroku eased into a slight blush of embarrassment with a look of disbelief. On the inside, though, he was happy that he wasn't going to get eaten or something of the sort. It took a little bit, but Miku spoke up when the fit began to subside. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But I didn't think that would work so well. Imagine, a boy with a heart of gold and the spirit of a hero with a hint of child-like innocence to the point of gullibility deep down inside him!" Kiroku frowned as he listened to the apology. The line between compliment and insult was very blurry at that point. At least I have the three; it seems like it would be hard finding another with all three with Josh missing in action, Kiroku thought to himself, trying not to express some kind of rage or depression from the... compliment?

"Right, and speaking of not knowing better," Kiroku started, ignoring the two words he really wanted to say, "I have no idea what the Volo Fruit is. Where is it, exactly?"

"It's right here," Miku said, pointing up at a tree. Kiroku looked up to where the girl was pointing. It was a rather large tree, and seemed to have been growing for ages. Not only that, but the fruit they were apparently looking for was bountiful and in numerous supply. Picking one would be easy, but there was something else about the tree. There was something about it that made him feel odd. Not like there was any danger, there were no people nor animals nor plant-monsters around, but it made him wonder. Examining it closer, Kiroku gasped in awe. Miku walked a little bit ahead and turned back to him with a light blush. "It's the spot where we first met," Miku said, a small smile on her face.

"Of all the places..." Kiroku said, the memory coming back to him in short flashes. He walked to the tree, seeing himself jump down from a branch to enter the fray when Miku was cornered by the three guards. That fruit he ate was now an ingredient they needed. "So, these are Volo Fruit."

"Yep, you should climb up and get one," Miku said, casually freeing one arm to reach out and grab the Dragon Thistle that Kiroku was holding, "They're one of the Familiar Fruits; for a short time granting a familiar enhanced abilities based on the one they eat. Only familiars can eat it; for some reason it is poisonous to anything else. This one will give a Familiar Volo if they don't already have it."

"Huh, what a thing to know," Kiroku thought out loud, considering himself lucky, "Alright, I'll get one." Kiroku jumped off the trunk to reach the lowest branch and swung himself onto it. Standing with a mixed feeling of being surefooted and nostalgia, he reached out and swiped a Volo Fruit. Then, jumping off the branch, he landed right in front of Miku. "Miharu should be done brewing the healing potions now. Let's return."

"Ok," was all Miku could manage to say. She was wondering what possessed Kiroku to be in the tree when they first met. It seemed so improbable, but he managed to ward the guards off. What would have happened if the improbable didn't happen? She'd have been in trouble. Kiroku, thank you, Miku thought, hurrying to catch up to the boy.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
"Uh..." Alex started, "Let me tell you, even if the fireball won't kill you, it will leave you with some third degree burns, so...." he finished before letting out a laugh. Something about the sentence made her cringe for about half a second. The scars on his body were probably from that fire. Maka really didn't feel like getting burned, either. Let alone…killed? Did he just threaten her? Keeping quiet, she let him continue. "Good at it? I'm far from that. I'm not sure how I'm able to do that myself... really. It just, happened one day. After that I've always been able to summon a small fireball by just thinking," he explained, blushing a bit.

It didn't take long for her to understand that he probably wasn't the best, or possibly far from it. His self-esteem was lacking for a reason. It was easy to guess he had been picked on a lot by other mages. She chuckled with a nod. "You shouldn't underestimate yourself," Maka said with a smile and friendly tone, "If you're not 'good' enough now, you will be someday."

The atmosphere of the room changed when Alex frowned. She wondered what the problem was. "And... I'm sorry to say, but I'm seriously not sure about the 'Returning to Earth' part... I don't think that is possible," he replied. Her friendly expressions faded away, the girl not sure what to think about not being able to go back. What about her family? Wouldn't they miss her? And what about everything else? She was about to speak up, but a random flyer flew into the room. Before she could get it, the mage had picked it up, reading it silently to himself. Maka slightly tilted her head, wondering what it was.

The boy instantly crumpled it up, throwing it beside her bed and looking back at her. "What was that…?" she asked, before sighing, "…Anyways, if I'm going to be here for the rest of my life, I think it would be nice if I got to know the place more, along with your traditions or whatever." She sounded cold on purpose. She didn't want the boy thinking she really actually cared about him.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
"You shouldn't underestimate yourself," The girl said, smiling. Was she being... friendly? Being pushed around was familiar, but a friend...

"If you're not 'good' enough now, you will be someday." She continued.

"Well... probably. I don't know..." He said. He smiled a bit, not sure whether to be friendly, or threatening. He wasn't sure.

When Alex threw the flyer, Maka seemed interested in it. "What was that…?"

"Nothing... Never mind." Alex said. He sighed, he didn't want her to get more angrier than she was going to be when she knew everything about this place.

Her expression changed when Alex mentioned that she couldn't go back. Her friendliness seemed to have disappeared, but she seemed pretty calm about that fact.

"…Anyways, if I'm going to be here for the rest of my life, I think it would be nice if I got to know the place more, along with your traditions or whatever."

Alex couldn't help but marvel at her calmness. Others would have attacked him, or called him mad, but she seemed to be pretty cool about it. Probably she was going to stab him after a few seconds.

"Uh... then I think you should probably see that flyer over there." Alex pointed to the crumpled ball on the floor. "That should tell you about our... 'traditions'..."

He waited for an answer, expecting a pretty angry 'No' about the showcase. He had no idea about Maka, but she was going to go fighting against other human familiars some others had summoned, and a few dragons. Probably not a good idea.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Graaaaah!!! C'mon!!! Josh charged at the king once again only to be thrown aside by pillars of Earth. His fist was still rammed into his gash, stopping the blood and who knoes what else from pouring out.

"K.....Kenna!!!" He cried.

"Haha, crying for your master? You pathetic familiar!" The king smirked.

"N... No.... I don't need to cry for her... because Kenna's always with me!" Josh cried.

"W...What?" The king asked confused.

"...because of this!" Josh raised his sword hand to show his ruins that were sparking to life.

"This shows that the bond between us is strong enough to reach me... even here! So I know I share my stength with her always!!!" A black light engulfed Josh and powered up his Gandalfr core.

"And because of that I know that she, aswell as everyone else, is coming for me!" Josh charged at the king and launched himself over the Earth magic barrier he rectified.

Josh brought his word down only to be blocked by the king, however Josh brought the full force of Gandalfr core down on him and the kings swords started vibrating violently from the pressure.

"W...What is this?!" The king cried as his swords snapped in two and Joshs blade swiped across his face a second time. Leaving a scar shaped like an X across his face.

The king roared with anger and unleashed his raw Earth magic.

A pillar of Earth launched Josh forward and crushed him against a wall. A second smacked him across the face and threw him to the side. Joshs Gandalfr core faded and he realised he couldn't go on. He had lost.

The king of Germania stood over him, Josh could only barely hear his muffled words.

"You have earned the right to live Gandalfr."

Josh passed out as guards dragged him back to his cell.

When Josh awaoke he found himself lying on the floor with bandages wrapped around his torso, his bloodstained, torn apart, jacket and shirt lay to the side as the princess sat by his side finishing healing his woundsas best she could.

"I don't know what happened...." She said.

"But they brought you back bleeding and dying and I thought you were done. However moments later I was given some medical supplies on order by the king to heal you..." Leonda was extremely confused.

"Why would he let you live... why not just kill you?" She wondered.

"I don't know..." Josh said.

"I just don't know..."

Gregory slashed at the water creatures core cuasing it to reel back in pain. Emil struck it from behind with his sword causing it to disintegrate.

Upon seeing this the rock creature angered and began to almost mourn the loss of its friend.

It began to glow a sickly glow and it's rock formed body launched out and swirled around the core causing a tornado.

Everyone was knocked back and landed on their backs. Adriel tried to fire arrows in but a rock would always stop the arrow and get in the way.Gregory smiled he knew what he had to do.

He ran forward and jumped towards the tornado, his ruins glowed a light grey and his Gandalfr core activated.

He drove his sword into one of the rocks and was swept along through the tornado. He reached into his pocket and removed the phial of dark water. He launched it from the tornado hoping they would cath it.

Gregory took out a gun he had concealed in his boot the whole time and aimed at the beasts core.

This would cause the tornado to unravel and everything in it would be destroyed... including him.

Gregory didn't care if it was for his son.

Gregory aimed the gun at the core and shot.

The bullet whizzed forward as if in slow motion it barely missed rocks and was unafected by the wind. It collided with the core and shatered it's outer layer a red light peirced the tornado and Gregory smiled.

His memories of Josh flashing through his head.

The day he had come from work early just to take care of him, the day he had taken him out for pizza secretly when his Mother was out shopping... The day he had taken him to thezoo to see the girafes.

Gregory removed the photo from his pocket and smiled with tears in his eyes.

"I love you son..." He murmured to himself.

The bright light engulfed everything and the tornado began to collapse and everything inside was destroyed.

Emil caught the phial of Dark water and turned towards the portal to see it collapsing from the immensity of the tornados power.

"We have to go through now!" Emil cried.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
"Uh... then I think you should probably see that flyer over there," Alex pointed, his finger aimed at the crumpled piece of paper he had thrown previously beside her, "That should tell you about our... 'traditions'..." He sounded nervous. She looked down at the paper with interest, not hesitating to pick it up. What was he nervous about? …

Tristein Academys New Familiar showcase!

As most of the noble familys will know, the second year students have summoned their familiars.

As a test of the mage and familiars skill and bond, we will once again be hosting the Familiar Showcase, A show which shows off how well the mage has trained their familiars and to show how well the bond between them has formed. The show will take place three days from now and will be an exciting occasion for all.

We will have a range of special guests but perhaps the most exciting is the princess of Tristein herself.

Leonda Hiyacenth!

We hope you will do your best to attend!

Signed: Prof. P. Awenston, headmaster of the Tristein academy for magical arts and their teachings.

Maka couldn't believe what she was reading. No way was she going to be treated like a pet; performing acts or fighting for their master. Hell no; things didn't work that way for her. This had to be cruelty, pinning humans against humans in a contest. In fact, she was positive there may be other types of creatures at the showcase. Whatever mythical animal she could think of, mainly dragons. The thought of having to fight against one frightened her, but she wasn't going to tell Alex that.

Alex. Had he just been nice to her because they needed the bond for the showcase? She had tried to be kind back, too. The girl didn't know what to think, but she felt hurt. "This is a joke, right?" Maka said, her anger obvious. She turned and looked him in the eyes. "If you think I'm going to do this, you're surely mistaken. Give me one reason as to why I should trust that you're my friend after this…" What did she just say? Friend…? She didn't have any friends. Even at home, all of them were terrible. Her parents were probably the only people who truly cared for her, but that was their job…to love her. Maka didn't want friendship anymore. Not with Alex...

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna watched as Emil and Gregory fought. She felt out of place because there was no-one there she could actually help and there was nothing she could actually do either. The good news was that Josh was alive, but the hard thing was still awaiting the group.

"We have to go through now!" Emil cried.

Kenna didn't think twice, she ran up to Emil's side and followed him with Adriel right behind her. This was going to be hard but Kenna knew that she was willing to do anything to save Josh.

Kenna was right behind Emil and out of no where, she started to feel dizzy. She looked around to try and clear her vision but it was no use. She could feel her energy starting to drain. She knew right away that this was the work of Josh, he needed her strength because he was probably in a fight again.

"Emil, Josh is in trouble." Kenna whispered as she leaned on him for support, she knew her legs would give way if she didn't.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"I've got you, don't worry!" Emil sweeped Kenna off her legs and the group jumped through the portal just in time.

However nothing could have prepared them for what was coming on the other side.

While the heroes were in the void a massive army of clay soldiers raided the town led by a massive metal golem.

Men, women and children ran as the massive force pounded the walls of Mayhearth into dust. None of them were shown mercy. Theywere all murdered in cold blood to test their kings merciless power. The Metal golem picked up and hurled the fountain of dreams crushing a few people. The buildings of the town were set ablaze and the town was slowly receding into a burning wasteland.

The arena was broken down and its halls raided and goers killed. The ground was ripped apart by the metal golems every step and dead bodies lay scattered around it as its glowing eyes remained never changing.

The group landed outside the portal to be surrounded by a group of clay soldiers as heads sat on pikes and the walls burned around them. As the last of them got out the portal shut down.

"What in the name of... theres no time to think! To arms we'll have to fight our way out!" Adriel cried.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Once they jumped out of the portal, they quickly looked around and Emil put Kenna down on the floor quickly behind him so that he could get ready for battle. Kenna lay back and closed her eyes. She was going to try to connect to Josh.

She could here the sound of battle around her but she ignored it. She opened her mind and thought of one thing, Josh. She kept trying. She opened her eyes to see one of the clay soldiers heading her way. She quickly rolled out of the way and kicked it as hard as she could. It went flying backwards and Kenna sighed in relief.

Kenna looked over at the others. Emil was fighting really well, once he knocked one of the clay soldiers out, he would move on straight to the next one. Adriel was sending arrows flying everywhere and it was working. Kenna relaxed and tried to contact Josh again since she was too tired to fight as well.

*Josh? Josh? Can you hear me?!* Kenna's mind screamed.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
*Josh? Josh? Can you hear me?!* Kenna's voice rung in Joshs head.

Josh heard Kennas voice ring through his mind... how it was possible he didn't know but somehow she was communication with him.

"C'mon I have to concentrate...." Josh muttered to himself.

"If I can hear her maybe she can here me."

Josh relaxed his body and focused his mind.

"Kenna... Kenna is that you?" He though with all his might.

"He only hoped she could hear him.

Back