• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
*trows cookies at everyone!* :D really SD? then i hope akio-kun's IC thread gets accepted soon :3 i cant wait to start X3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Haven't written out the IC yet, but I will get on that today, probably soon.

THAT SAID, ANYONE MAY STILL MAKE SIGN UPS, EVEN AFTER THE RP STARTS!

I'm not sure if everyone who's been accepted is active or not.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
advertising a bit too much no?

I agree with this, you'd have to be very careful to make sure that the Dragon Riders aren't overpowered (preferably make the eggs hatch during the whole war) and not involve them a bit too much (to make sure all regular players are a lot more than pawns of the riders)

True, true, but the riders would be more or less children, and would end up getting into more trouble than they would solve. The humans would most likely be seasoned fighters, and the elves...well, they'd be elves XP.

But yeah, it would be really tricky not having the riders overpowered....any advise on how to avoid that?

About the ra' zac: oh, yeah, I forgot that. Shame, because a ra' zac army would be sweet. (in a creepy, insectoid kinda way)

Also, I want a peanut butter cookie!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
Hey, I'm looking for a Pokemon role-play, without too many members in it and stuff.

I would like it if it was rated 'T' or under please, no 'M' ones. Really, I don't care too much about what it is really about, I just would like to find a nice role-play, that would actually be my first. ^.^ Thank you so much.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Right there, Meloetta142. It's rated "T", (I made it), and from what everyone's saying, they really enjoy the RP, even though it hasn't started. I'll be posting the In-Character RP Thread up today, but you can sign up now and even after the RP starts. Just click that colorful title up there. Go on. Nobody would judge you. (I'm Joking around) But the colored RP Title will link you right to the RP.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey guys, if you wanna discuss that roleplay, go do it in the OOC. Not here. You're just spamming it now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
When looking for an RP, which age rating do you tend to prefer an RP to be?

Usually T. Let's you do most things. Lower rating (like K+) might hinder you and higher rating (M) might make the RP take on a darker tone, which usually isn't really in my taste.

Also... *new page dance*

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years

I would say T, it's not too childish, and yet not so dark :)

And now that I'm here, how about some advertising? (You can never have too much of it!)

Spoiler:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
*trows cookies at everyone!* :D really SD? then i hope akio-kun's IC thread gets accepted soon :3 i cant wait to start X3

*eats cookies* :3 Nom-nom nom-nom~

T of course. I don't mind any other rating, even M, just as long as I can do some stuff that I please. T, totally for teens in my opinion!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

I hope this doesn't sound bad but I don't even look at the rating. I kind of forget it's there but I keep all my RP post child friendly unless I know it's a really dark RP.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
M. I love da mature roleplays. Not necessarily 'dark', just potentially bloody and out there. Not that they're the only ones I join but it's preferred. I know how to dial it back for T though. <:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I miss the times when we actually used this thread for discussion and not only for advertising. /sob

Well usually I look at T or M RPs, because I feel that RPs rated below that just don't fit me, since I make characters that are usually violent or curse quite a lot. Yeah. And I like Dark roleplays a bit more over regular ones, so yeah lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I just made a RP which I set to M, and that's worrying me a little xD But I think I'll keep it this way and we'll see if the RP turns grim or can keep a lighthearted air about it. Though, considering the story and nature of it all... M will probably fit xD

It's the first M rated RP I've ever made. I think K+ is a perfectly playable rating, at least when it's about a RP where violence or romance isn't the main thing - like pokémon for example. Yeah, "pokémon fight!" you might say. But look at the anime. That's hardly violence. Pokémon is RPable with a K+ rating :3 unless you want to take away the cartooney feeling to it and make it more serious, of course. Which people often want.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
I rarely put much stock behind the rating. If the story looks interesting and I decide to join it, the rating won't deter me, nor will it convince me. When actually rping, I sort of keep it my, ah, 'descriptiveness' at the same level as what everyone else posts, so I don''t mind the more maturely violent rp's or the less darker ones. I prefer darker, though, cause it gives me more of a free reign to express myself. *heinous grin*

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I usually go for whatever looks like the coolest rp, or one I've already heard a little bit about (checkmate and Divine water/Sacred fire)

But rating does matter for me. At least, joining something K+ wouldn't be as fun as T. T and M are about the same level of funness (is that a thing?)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
M. I love da mature roleplays. Not necessarily 'dark', just potentially bloody and out there. Not that they're the only ones I join but it's preferred. I know how to dial it back for T though. <:
YES. THIS.

Everything you just said is perfect. VIOLENCE AND SWEARING IS EPIC.

But, in all seriousness, it definitely makes some RPs more "artistic", as even swearing can add to the dramatic effect of one's speech. The darker stories are usually funner or more interesting.

I miss the times when we actually used this thread for discussion and not only for advertising. /sob

Well usually I look at T or M RPs, because I feel that RPs rated below that just don't fit me, since I make characters that are usually violent or curse quite a lot. Yeah. And I like Dark roleplays a bit more over regular ones, so yeah lol.
tumblr_m6iaf2s7bp1qev756.jpg

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Okay guys, my role plays been out for a week and no one has joined
I've linked to it in my sig, redesigned it for easier reading, and advertised it here repeatedly, what exactly am I doing wrong?
That might be because people may be mistaking it with a certain popular webcomic. Though, in all fairness, your OP has a nice setup, I'm surprised no one's joined yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back