• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The reason I joined PC is....

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I wanted to download Shiny Gold and the Spanish forum I originally went to had an outdated version, so zel told me to come here instead!

Then I became an admin. The end!

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I joined for the the ROMs and Emulation, and also just to talk about the franchise, though the latter was something that was an afterthought. I lurked the ROMs at first, and then just started posting around and enjoyed that a lot more than playing ROM files. So I stuck around.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I came here pretty much to download some hacks but since have spread my attention on other sections here.

Sirfetch’d

The reason I joined was to make post and talk about Pokemon because most of my irl friends had stopped playing.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I joined the forum to get a look at some Beyblade images. |D; Little did I know I'd stay here for much longer and much more. |D

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
It was listed as one of BMGf's affiliates or something like that, so I joined out of pure curiosity.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I joined PC for Shiny Gold! Lol, no I didn't I actually don't remember why I joined PC. xD Maybe because I wanted a change of pace. I joined in 2009 and maybe I had no initial reason to join.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I joined because I wanted to talk to people about pokemon. None of my friends play pokemon (except for one, but he's not really that into it) so I thought I'd join so I could talk to other pokefans :)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I joined PC back in 2005 for a less than admirable reason perhaps, that being to promote this emerging Pokémon forum that I had recently become a mod of. I started posting around with said promotion in my sig, when after a short while I realized the site was a much better community than I had originally given it credit for. Particulary the fanclubs section, where I have since met one of my best friends. Soon I was posting here because I wanted to, becoming too active if anything for awhile(seriously, if the Pokémon Gaming Lab had post count I'd probably have one of the highest ones around), and the rest is history.

Years
I joined this forum with the goal to be able to discuss Pokémon, since my interest in it has been long-stuck with me since I've joined here :) when I was younger, my interest in Pokémon used to just come and go

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I joined PC back in summer 2007 because I read DP was going to have Wifi and I figured getting involved in a community would be a good idea if I wanted to do some online battling / trading (and because my little brother was losing interest in Pokemon and it would be my only way to trade / battle). I chose PC over other sites because it looked nicer and seemed to have a larger "social" aspect than other sites.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Shiny Gold.

Hilariously enough, I actually never ended up playing it. Heart Gold and Soul Silver were announced shortly after I joined so what do you know. (And I never beat those games, either.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I wanted a place where I could talk about Pokemon again, specifically - at the time - Pokemon Special/Adventures. I don't remember why exactly I came back after my nine months hiatus but I stayed around because I enjoyed the people I have met and the sections I frequent. And here I am today.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I remember getting bored at Marriland, plus this place had a gamedev and rom hacking section.

Back