• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Amazing hack, truly mindblowing; made me spent 60 plus hours of my life. :)

Also, I have a question. If I'm not wrong, the Weather Trio (ie. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza) are said to be found in the same location, but in different part of said location. However, I went to the location of Kyogre (provided by the guide Dirk123 made, which is outdated). However, I found a Red Scarf there, so I assume that you have to do something before achieving that? What is it?

Also, the pedestals aren't appearing in my game either, are we suppose to find yet another item other than the three flutes?

Also, to those that don't know where is the Blue Flute located, Surf up behind the Violet City Gym, talk to that guy. You're welcome. :P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Can someone help me? I've placed the Blue Flute at Outskirt Island but I can't find Articuno at it's secret chamber in Ice Path? IlThis chamber is just a room with a few stairs and that's all.

Years
now i downloaded the last beta, maybe also the last was the last beta, but i dont know, could someone tell me how to apply the ips, and apply to what? and the run the game perfectly, pleaseee :) for the savegame i dont ithink theres problem because i've got file.sav

sorry for my english

Lorenzo

(ive downloaded the ips file from the link in this forum 3.3
Apply your ips file with a clean FireRed GBA Rom using Lunar IPS program

Amazing hack, truly mindblowing; made me spent 60 plus hours of my life. :)

Also, I have a question. If I'm not wrong, the Weather Trio (ie. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza) are said to be found in the same location, but in different part of said location. However, I went to the location of Kyogre (provided by the guide Dirk123 made, which is outdated). However, I found a Red Scarf there, so I assume that you have to do something before achieving that? What is it?

Also, the pedestals aren't appearing in my game either, are we suppose to find yet another item other than the three flutes?

Also, to those that don't know where is the Blue Flute located, Surf up behind the Violet City Gym, talk to that guy. You're welcome. :P
Kyogre can be catchable via an event at Undersea express. Groudon can be obtained in a cave where previously it was buggy so through walk through walls cheat. (I don't know if this has been fixed in latest version). As for Rayquaza well it is inside Dragon's Den cave but many people complained that the steps are unlimited in there where you find it

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Can someone help me? I've placed the Blue Flute at Outskirt Island but I can't find Articuno at it's secret chamber in Ice Path? IlThis chamber is just a room with a few stairs and that's all.
Unfortunately, the chambers are sometimes buggy...
Though the only true bug was Zappy... now Articuno...?
Those pedestals still don't seem to work correctly...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Unfortunately, the chambers are sometimes buggy...
Though the only true bug was Zappy... now Articuno...?
Those pedestals still don't seem to work correctly...

hmmm :/.
Than I guess I just have to do without Articuno..
Well anyways thanks for helping.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Anyone? Any help? Please?

Does anyone know where to find Lance after you get the phone call from him after the Kanto Safari Zone mission?
He says he's at the Dragon's Den, but I can't find him, just the trainers and the odd NPC with the fallback dialogue that looks like Clair.

Come on guys, doesn't anyone know the answer that can help this guy out?

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
So I downloaded the lastest live beta and started from scratch. The game has been great so far.
I just did the lance event in which Zane betrays the rival and we see Groudon in Dragon's Den. After that i went back to HQ and Axel tells me that I should look for trainers to recruit. Can anyone help me with this, as I have no idea what to do. Please!

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
Just before clicking on this thread i was thinking "I wish i could find a POKéMON rom that has the split SpAttack and Attack system for each move"

So imagine my surprise when the answer come to me just like that, THANKS A LOT!

Useful Feraligator here i come!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Since this is based on fire red, would you be able to connect and trade with a fire red/leaf green rom?

I read that this sort of thing was possible with hacks but I'm not fully certain.

I'm aware it would probably be dodgy to do so but my question is would it actually work?

Years
So I downloaded the lastest live beta and started from scratch. The game has been great so far.
I just did the lance event in which Zane betrays the rival and we see Groudon in Dragon's Den. After that i went back to HQ and Axel tells me that I should look for trainers to recruit. Can anyone help me with this, as I have no idea what to do. Please!
It is related with future events so head to beat the league second time and battle RED in Silver Cave. If it is already done than prepare for the Orange Islands

Since this is based on fire red, would you be able to connect and trade with a fire red/leaf green rom?

I read that this sort of thing was possible with hacks but I'm not fully certain.

I'm aware it would probably be dodgy to do so but my question is would it actually work?
Unfortunately this sort of feature is yet to be available in the hack. (That depends also whether LaZ would add it in future though)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I have another question, I noticed a video of what appears to be Liquid Crystal showing off a pokedex with all 649 pokemon.

Does that mean they're all available in Liquid Crystal or is was just for research/testing?

On another note I played the game for a while, it's a lot of fun so far. Definitely one of the better hacks I've played. :)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hey guys, just to say I started working again on LC last night, working on Route 57 which is on the way to Mandarin Island, the 3rd island. I took a small break today to enhance the Live Beta system further.

Currently when I release a new build I update a change log file notifying the date and time, and the changes which occurred. This means that people that follow updates have no idea when they are released without checking the file online. People asked how can they be notified of updates, so I thought of an idea.

Today, I introduce the @PkmnLCUpdates Twitter account. From now on when I update the build, the changes will be tweeted to this account. Simply follow this and you'll be notified of new builds instantly. Please note however that this is not a Pokémon Liquid Crystal Twitter account for everything, it's only for build update notifications and nothing else, so it will not respond to any messages and/or followers.

I have 3 weeks off in which I've set my goal to get the whole of Mandarin Island completed, but I'm not making any promises here we'll just have to see how things go. Also, the Trainer Request 2013 is now closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted a trainer.

Last edited:

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Ohh!
I can't wait! I mean I can but, well, I'm eager for the next big release!

Also, I don't think this is normal...
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys, just to say I started working again on LC last night, working on Route 57 which is on the way to Mandarin Island, the 3rd island. I took a small break today to enhance the Live Beta system further.

Currently when I release a new build I update a change log file notifying the date and time, and the changes which occurred. This means that people that follow updates have no idea when they are released without checking the file online. People asked how can they be notified of updates, so I thought of an idea.

Today, I introduce the @PkmnLCUpdates Twitter account. From now on when I update the build, the changes will be tweeted to this account. Simply follow this and you'll be notified of new builds instantly. Please note however that this is not a Pokémon Liquid Crystal Twitter account for everything, it's only for build update notifications and nothing else, so it will not respond to any messages and/or followers.

I have 3 weeks off in which I've set my goal to get the whole of Mandarin Island completed, but I'm not making any promises here we'll just have to see how things go. Also, the Trainer Request 2013 is now closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted a trainer.
Great Update LaZ. Makes me to play it again from the start. By the way where is Zeikku nowadays???

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I have another question, I noticed a video of what appears to be Liquid Crystal showing off a pokedex with all 649 pokemon.

Does that mean they're all available in Liquid Crystal or is was just for research/testing?

On another note I played the game for a while, it's a lot of fun so far. Definitely one of the better hacks I've played. :)

Given that I made that video, I'll answer. It was simply a proof of concept, which evolved into the 649 patch, which is entirely separate.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Why does Ethan look like Gold from the Manga When you look at the trainer card?

Nice hack by the way.

Gold was the protagonist for the original Gold, Silver and Crystal trilogy. This means that the protagonist in Liquid Crystal is Gold. The overworld sprite and back sprite for the trainer are just slight spins on the style of clothes he would wear/

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
It is related with future events so head to beat the league second time and battle RED in Silver Cave. If it is already done than prepare for the Orange Islands

First, thank you for answering! I already beat the league twice and battled RED and won that as well. It was my impression that this version allows you to go to the first 2 islands of the Orange Islands? If so how do I activate that scene because as of now im stuck :(

Back