• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
No help is necessary at the moment, my friend. Being the developer of graphics, literature, mapping, concepts and some of the scripting really has it benefits.
I'm afraid that demo dates are still unclear because many of the maps are still in complete disarray.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Wow that Mega Blaziken sprite looks awsome ive been wanting to play this game for a long period of time now i cant wait.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Do you have the main bulk of this game done already with just some glitchy maps here in there or is it just a bunch of jumbled up progress between everything? I think a 3 gym beta is more than acceptable, I wouldn't be opposed to just a two gym beta if you could manage that.

Patiently awaiting to play this, looking awesome.

Rayquaza.

Years
Do you have the main bulk of this game done already with just some glitchy maps here in there or is it just a bunch of jumbled up progress between everything? I think a 3 gym beta is more than acceptable, I wouldn't be opposed to just a two gym beta if you could manage that.

Patiently awaiting to play this, looking awesome.

The mapping has more progress than most other aspects of the game because it's the least boring thing to do. Unfortunately some of the PBS files need revisions and the events still need de-bugging. At the moment the ratio of mapping progress is too high in contrast to everything else.

I'm posting back today to announce that recent progress has meant that a short, 2-gym demo can be release soon. I'm still unsure of what the date is as I've never been good at planning far ahead but will release information on the demo date nearer the time when I've un-riddled all the remaining buggy-events.

In the meantime if you check the first post you'll find the screenshots, credits, Greeo Mythology and support bars have been updated.

Here are the new support bars:

SupportBar_1_zpsfadb9258.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_1_zpsfadb9258.png

SupportBar_2_zps5550b9f1.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_2_zps5550b9f1.png

SupportBar_3_zpsae4bfc5e.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_3_zpsae4bfc5e.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Are the overworld trainer sprites going to be like black and white or like Heart gold and Soul silver? Wondering because ive seen pictures of both sprites.

P.s. i prefer heart gold sprites over black and white

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Are the overworld trainer sprites going to be like black and white or like Heart gold and Soul silver? Wondering because ive seen pictures of both sprites.

P.s. i prefer heart gold sprites over black and white

I'm just guessing here, but i think I heard him say last that it was going to be b/w style - although it could go either way o-o
as for me I've seen games that use b/w and look really cool and others that look like total ****, same with hg/ss style it all depends on how they made it, and the style they chose really, but a lot of his work shows he is good with their movements and such, so either graphic style chosen should be pretty well done - there are a whole slue of releases of games all of a sudden, I look forward to seeing this one in the line up as well :P

Rayquaza.

Years
I'm just guessing here, but i think I heard him say last that it was going to be b/w style - although it could go either way o-o
as for me I've seen games that use b/w and look really cool and others that look like total ****, same with hg/ss style it all depends on how they made it, and the style they chose really, but a lot of his work shows he is good with their movements and such, so either graphic style chosen should be pretty well done - there are a whole slue of releases of games all of a sudden, I look forward to seeing this one in the line up as well :P

As indicated by the last couple of screenshots I've submitted to the first post it is indeed confirmed that the sprite style is HGSS and not BW because BW sprites are too big (not to mention the heads are massive). Still no idea of the date but I'll keep everyone posted.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016

Yeah i agree i do like some b/w Sprites but some of them like Rayquaza said above has big heads and most of the sprites hands are spread very far apart.

Rayquaza.

Years
Just a little bump on the support bars. Nothing fancy.

SupportBar_1_zpsfadb9258.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_1_zpsfadb9258.png

SupportBar_2_zps5550b9f1.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_2_zps5550b9f1.png

SupportBar_3_zpsae4bfc5e.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_3_zpsae4bfc5e.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2017
You know i really want to see an actual talking Main Character you know? something that would be awesome!

Rayquaza.

Years
I see theres a mega blaziken.

There is indeed. I plan to add other Mega Evolutions as well, as soon as all of them have been sprited at least.

You know i really want to see an actual talking Main Character you know? something that would be awesome!

In many ways; no, it wouldn't. Since the first Pokémon games the main character has never been a being of many words. I'm sticking to that part. Some people may think it'd be nice to have a talking main character but what difference would that make?

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
So I've been watching your game progress in the shadows for quite a while now. I must admit you have progressed quite a bit on the visuals of your game. The maps from what I can see in the screenshots seem fairly well done and the graphics at first didn't I wasn't fond of but over time they have grown on me. Keep up the work and hope to see you progress further.

Me like Mega Blaziken! And is this a DS hack? If it is, I will really try this! :)

Read the first line of the thread...
"Please note this is not a remake or a ROM hack, this is made with RMXP"

Back