• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave/Return Thread

Years
I'm back. Not sure if I will be as active as ages ago though.

Tyler... you really gotta stop disappearing. But at least I'm glad you're back again and do stick around longer this time because well, I love it when my friends stay active. I'll be seeing ya around and hopefully have a laugh once again!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome back, Kuzronk! Good to see that you've decided to return. n_n" We've never got to know about each other or anything, but let's hope that changes, yeah? Just drop me a VM any time, and I will gladly respond. See you around, sweetie!

Years
Hey Pokemon Forums! I was a member years ago, way back since 2008. I joined looking to get the Johto starters. While I never was an active member, I always enjoyed how kicked back/cool the members from this message board were. From the few posts I've read, I can tell that hasn't changed.

Years
Hey Pokemon Forums! I was a member years ago, way back since 2008. I joined looking to get the Johto starters. While I never was an active member, I always enjoyed how kicked back/cool the members from this message board were. From the few posts I've read, I can tell that hasn't changed.

Wow you are an old guy indeed. But nice to see you return, Gripex!

The forums may look different now than they were back when you joined, but we're still the same forum you know and love. And yeah nice to see you love our friendly nature, so yeah I hope you can actually stick around this time. I'll see you around Gripex!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hiya, Major Gripex; it's really nice to meet you! Welcome back to PokéCommunity. I've been away from the forums for quite a long time myself, and returned in August 2013. After I did, I just couldn't leave; people here are so friendly, they're sort of impossible to stay away from. Well, hope you enjoy it here! Feel free to drop by and leave a message on my profile if you'd like to have some chat. n_n

Years
Wow you are an old guy indeed. But nice to see you return, Gripex!

The forums may look different now than they were back when you joined, but we're still the same forum you know and love. And yeah nice to see you love our friendly nature, so yeah I hope you can actually stick around this time. I'll see you around Gripex!

- Hikamaru

Oh geez. Thanks. *runs off and cries in the corner*

Hiya, Major Gripex; it's really nice to meet you! Welcome back to PokéCommunity. I've been away from the forums for quite a long time myself, and returned in August 2013. After I did, I just couldn't leave; people here are so friendly, they're sort of impossible to stay away from. Well, hope you enjoy it here! Feel free to drop by and leave a message on my profile if you'd like to have some chat. n_n

Awwww, well thank you very much. I might just take you up on that offer. Also, welcome back yourself! :D

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hi guys i think i'm going to be on hiatus for an un-named period of time,starting tomorrow, due to very personal life issues (which includes both depression and school), anyone who wants to ask me about it is welcomed at my PM inbox. If i'll come back i promise to do a big re-opening of my profile at the lounge.

P.S.I might still be in the site,just looking from afar and not making any interaction with people other than close friends and managing the Randomized nuzlocke thread, so again, you can still PM me and i'll try to answer.

:'( Have fun.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hi guys i think i'm going to be on hiatus for an un-named period of time,starting tomorrow, due to very personal life issues (which includes both depression and school), anyone who wants to ask me about it is welcomed at my PM inbox. If i'll come back i promise to do a big re-opening of my profile at the lounge.

P.S.I might still be in the site,just looking from afar and not making any interaction with people other than close friends and managing the Randomized nuzlocke thread, so again, you can still PM me and i'll try to answer.

Seeya Cohen. I wish you all the best in battling with your depression and with school-related stuff and whatever else you're going through. I know you can do it! When you return, we'll be waiting here for you. Take care and see you soon. o/

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
See you, KillerCro! We will all still be here when you get back; don't worry about a thing. :] Good luck getting your issues sorted! Once you do, you'll feel a lot better about yourself and, hopefully, start becoming less depressed.

Years

Okay, good luck with your real life issues KillerCro. It always never hurts to take a break, and I'm confident you can overcome your depression and other problems at the moment. PC will be here when you get back!

- Hikamaru

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Hey PC, it's been a long time! I've been off here for about...3-4 years give or take. Well, I feel like entering the grind that is Pokemon again so, here I am >,<

I have to say...personally it's quite a shock coming back here after so long. I used to browse on here all the time in High School and now I'm going for my Master's degree in college. I don't recognize anybody and I used to be very active/popular on these boards a long time ago. Feels the same with X/Y as well, so much has happened since I dropped DPPt. battling(I played B/W and hated it) that it feels as if I'm just learning how to play the game again. It's a lot to take in at once, but I'm confident over time I'll be up to speed again.

So anyway, a question for some of the regulars here: How would one go about filling the X/Y national dex as it is right now? I lost my completed Pokedex platinum cartridge and I'm really reeling about that, so I'm basically going to be starting from scratch. Before I even attempt battling again I feel as if it's good to have a healthy storage of Pokemon on the PC, plus it's fun to do. It's so I can access the storage in case I want to switch my team, or trade for another I'd like. Worked for me in Platinum/HGSS, it should in X/Y, right?

I've got Emerald, Colosseum/XD(I looove XD, I still have my Timid good IV'd Togepi with Tri-Attack/Serene Grace on my Emerald), Diamond, Platinum(recently re-bought), SS, White(access to Black/Black 2 from brother), and Y. Thanks to any help, honestly the PC community was like a family to me with how helpful it was. I hope while I'm here again that can branch out even more =)

Years
I don't really remember you, but I guess that was because I joined when you initially left. Been ages ago now that I joined this community, but hey always nice to see an old face make a return!

PC has changed quite a lot in the last 3 years, such as new staff, section changes and obviously more skins and members. But we're still the same PC you know and love, and nice to hear X and Y are finally bringing you back since it seems like many hate 5th Gen (I actually like 5th Gen myself though) but I'm sure you can settle in again, even if some of your friends may have left.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you around, Lil Mudkip! Have fun getting active again. :)

- Hikamaru

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Welcome back Lil Mudkip! It's really been a while since you been here it seems. There's definitely been a good amount of changes since you last were nere. Name changes, for example, left and then made a comeback at the end of last year. So if you have to readjust to the forum, that's fine. I'm sure you'll make new friends here!

Congrats on all of your sucess by the way! I just started college in January and atm only working on an Associates degree at a 2 year community college. I have no clue what I'm majoring in yet, but I'm thinking either in some field of writing or art. I have time though cause I'd like to go to college for at least four years.

X and Y are excellent games and I'm happy knowing they made you interested in Pokemon again. Our X and Y section can help you with thing related to the game and we have a lot of other section where you can ask questions for other Pokemon games, one being Pokemon Gaming Central. One way to make filling up your Pokedex is through the Trade Corner section. There's giveaway, trade shops, and a Quick Trade Thread too. Also, you should download Pokemon Bank on your 3DS if you haven't already cause it's one thing you'll need to transfer Pokemon from older games. To transfer Pokemon from Emerald to Platinum,Diamond or Soulsilver, you put Emerald in the GBA slot of your DS, load up Platinum go to the thing that says "Migrate Pokemon" and choose 6 Pokemon to transfer. Then go to Pal Park and enter the Catching Show. Since you can only transfer since six at a time , that will take a while and is really tedious, but in the end it's worth it. In gen V games (Black, White, Black 2, and White 2) your can then transfer Pokemon from SS/Platinum/Diamond to White/Black/Black 2 using the PokeTransfer Lab on Route 15. Talk to the scientist guy and he'll tell what to do. You'll need two DSes or a DS and a 3DS. Then after that, you can transfer your Pokemon from your gen 5 games to your Y copy, by using Pokemon Bank and the PokeTransporter app that comes with it. Hope I helped! I'd put some links, but I'm on a 3DS right and can't access a PC at the moment.

Anyway, I'm glad you're back. If you have more questions, feel free to ask staff members! Enjoy your return to PC and have fun here once again! See you around too! Good luck getting your Masters by the way!

Last edited:

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Thank you both Hikamaru and Kouzan for the awesome welcome back replies! Yeah Hikamaru since I'm gonna try and go for gen 6 100% national dex, I'm probably going to be spending lots of time on 5th gen so maybe it'll grow on me haha XD.

Yeah Kouzan I was the same. I attended University not exactly knowing what I wanted to do, but I feel if you explore all your options to their biggest potential you will find what your most interested in. For me, I'm trying to become a Chiropractor/Physical Therapist, and I might try and also become a certified nutritionist. I'm a very health oriented kind of guy that *loves* to cook, and that's evident by my daily 5-6 meal structure lol I originally went in for writing to become a journalist/author, so it's funny how things turn out in the end. I'm sure you will do the same, as I feel college is the time where lots of people seriously start reflecting where they "feel" they belong in life.

I'll copy/paste all that transfer info in my notes =)(Awesome how you did all that on a 3DS..technology these days man.) I have poke bank, so that's no issue.

As for the actual pokemon games themselves, I feel in a way, that...maybe I just can't let it go. There have been several times I've quit, come back for a long time, quit again, came back again. During 4th gen, I played Pokemon a lot in public. I didn't care, I was wayyyy too into my breeding lol. You'd actually be surprised at the amount of people I've met over the years just from playing my DS out in public. It's alwayyysss funny to compare to others how you just say the word "Pokemon". Like *I* say it "Poke-e-mon" and others say it like "Poke-ah-mon" lol. I think this time, I'm gonna make a sincere effort to stay with this series, I don't want to miss out on anymore of it...especially those events for one...gah x-x lol.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oh yes technology is wonderful.
Spoiler:

(I'm on a computer now lol.)
No problem though. Glad to have helped. I agree with you that Pokemon is hard to let go of.I haven't stopped playing since Pokemon Red! I've met more people with X and Y personally. I bring my 3DS and my copy of Y (actually it's my friend's 3DS he letting me borrow it to play Y) to school everyday and I get around 4-10 Streetpasses a day and at least one or two of them last played Pokemon. Some have noticed me playing Pokemon and have told me they still love Pokemon and have a 3DS with them and X or Y in their game slot. Pokemon is an amazing way to make friends!

Also should of mentioned this in my last post , but feel free to VM me if you want to talk to someone. This isn't really a chat thread anyways. I don't bite. We're nice people so go ahead and talk with one. Most will reply in a friendly answer back!

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Well, sorry to keep ya waiting, i guess my life turned a lot better than they have been. My friends helped me get over a lot of things really fast!
So, i'm back and i'm currently lonely so i need some company!

BTW i'm a giddy leprechaun now...K..?

Years
Well, sorry to keep ya waiting, i guess my life turned a lot better than they have been. My friends helped me get over a lot of things really fast!
So, i'm back and i'm currently lonely so i need some company!

BTW i'm a giddy leprechaun now...K..?

That's good to hear your real life issues have been over and done with, so hey welcome back early, KillerCro! And yeah we're giddy leprechauns, festive green peeps and such for St. Patrick's Day! Have fun getting active again and fingers crossed you stick around.

- Hikamaru

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Welcome back ya giddy Leprechaun!!
I dont think we have had the pleasure to meet, but im glad you are back and hat friends to help you out.
If you feel like it, you can drop me a line or two, and maybe we will get to know wach other! :P

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Yo lads!!!!Im back from the grave!!!Sorry if I've been AFK for 1 month because that damned examination gave a me a real pain and kept me away from keyboard.So,thats it for now and hoping for a warm hug from all of you {XD}

Back