• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Television

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
For the first time in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, the television actually served a purpose. They were similar to the radio stations in generation II and gave information about sales, lucky days at the Game Corner, the Pokéblock-Making master, etc, as well as interviews and the like. So what did you think of this. Did you check the televisions everyday? Has your battery died and ae you unable to view them? What was your favourite event?

Discuss!

Spr_3r_269.png

So dusty~

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
The tv was a very clever way to inform us on what was happening in the Hoenn regionand served very helpful for the closeout sales and the lucky days at the game corner

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
I liked it for the sales and the swarms. Oh and the interviews as well, I loved winning a contest and then appearing on TV.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I liked having TVs give me information as I like watching TV irl. When I am in the Emerald playing spirit, I do check them everyday. In every game aside from Emerald, the battery is dead, so I can't check them. I really liked the Lilycove sales.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
The batteries on both my Ruby and Sapphire versions died, so I can't use the TV... ;c

But I always watch it on Emerald! I love finding out the sales for the Lilycove department store because that was the only way you could get some of the really cool decorations for the secret bases.

Years
The battery on my Sapphire is dead as well, so I can't use the TVs unless it's after a contest or battle interview.

Even when the battery had been working, though, I never paid attention to the TVs any more than I do now. The only 2 things that I'll really miss are the announcement of the rooftop sale in Lilycove, and when the Mauville Game Corner is having it's special service days.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I'm fixing my Sapphire battery soon, thankfully. But, I always have been able to watch in Emerald! I enjoy the many events that you can find, I like the Lilycove sales best though, they sell the ever so necessary planks to cover those holes in bigger secret bases. I never really use the Game Corner, so, not to affected by that.

Basic_Psyduck

Things aren't real!
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2014
Speaking of TV in Emerald, there was a particular show that really got me excited. It was after I had all Frontier Silver Badges and did the interview at Battle Tower (now I don't know whether it's the only place you could do the interview, since it's the last facility I beat).

After the interview I was "officially on TV" (in the game). There was loads of shallow commentary on my battle with Anabel and flattery for me too, which was kinda cool because the script seemed really thought over. I picked the phrase "TOO WEAK" and it was really fun to see it reappear on the show.

Back