• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
-_- ok i feel bad i have so many questions but now im stuck on a realy weird one using X/Y coordinates to place my events but it is weird 1-9 are in the right spots but 10 is all the way on the other side of the map and my sign (yes doing a sign event) is on the 10th horizontal square aside from extending my building or shortening it how do i get my sign event where i need it to go?

The game uses "hex" numbers instead of your usual "decimal" system you're using. It takes a bit to get used to, but you'll get it. :P

Basically the numbering goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B... etc.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Also a note on the mapping system for the games.(correct me if I'm wrong) Unlike the usual "X = run, Y = climb", the games go in the way of "X = run, Y = drop". At least that's how it seems that's how it is when I do it. (I haven't seen this little bit noted elsewhere.)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Also a note on the mapping system for the games.(correct me if I'm wrong) Unlike the usual "X = run, Y = climb", the games go in the way of "X = run, Y = drop". At least that's how it seems that's how it is when I do it. (I haven't seen this little bit noted elsewhere.)

That is right. In fact, a lot of programming works that way. The top-left hand corner of the screen is the origin in most cases. I learned this while making a screen saver using Pygame when I first started Python.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay I have a question.

Would anybody happen to know where I can get a list of the tiles for the setmaptile command? Or is there an easy way to figure out what tile corresponds to what number for the command? I'm using Fire Red by the way. (Yeah, sort of a noobish question.) Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

The list is the tiles available on the tileset the map is currently using.
You can check the map's available tiles through Advance Map.

Spoiler:

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but I can't go through 1,115 pages of posts...sorry xD

But, whenever I try to run XSE (eXtreme Script Editor) I get the message "A whole new scripting experience has stopped working" and it crashes. Any help, please? c: (I also run Windows 8, if that has anything to do with it).

Try using this version of XSE.

-_- ok i feel bad i have so many questions but now im stuck on a realy weird one using X/Y coordinates to place my events but it is weird 1-9 are in the right spots but 10 is all the way on the other side of the map and my sign (yes doing a sign event) is on the 10th horizontal square aside from extending my building or shortening it how do i get my sign event where i need it to go?

Um...can't you just click and drag your events? o.0

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
@ destined i don't know if i can
ill try ty

Thanks Destined you were right and apparently what i thought was 0010 was 000A

Ok so i think i got this one but i need confirmation so correct me if im wrong ut a warp is like entering and exiting the pokecenter whereas a script is leaving palett town and steping onto Route 1 right?

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
@ destined i don't know if i can
ill try ty

Thanks Destined you were right and apparently what i thought was 0010 was 000A

Ok so i think i got this one but i need confirmation so correct me if im wrong ut a warp is like entering and exiting the pokecenter whereas a script is leaving palett town and steping onto Route 1 right?

Scripts are events. They can be activated when you step on a tile with a script event placed on it, or by interacting with it. Scripts can cause you to warp to another map or location too.

Warps are doors like in and out of the pokemon center. You must specify where you want the warp to take you to make it work.

Stepping on/off routes etc is done through map connections in Advanced Map. To make that work, you must set where one map leads to another, and you must set it up on both the map being left and the map being entered.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
Sure, I'll try. Tilesets come up when mapping - so creating the world your character wanders through. The tilesets are, well, the sets of tiles available for each map. They're what makes the world look the way it does. There are tons of tiles in the game, but they're not all available for each map. For example, let's compare Viridian Forest to Vermillion City. Viridian Forest has a lot of trees, plus the gates leading to the two halves of Route 2. Vermillion City, meanwhile, has stuff like the PokeCenter, PokeMart, entrance to S.S. Anne, and various flourishes appropriate to a port town. Using the tilesets already in Fire Red, it would be hard to make a map with both a port and the big (3x3) trees found at the border of Viridian Forest. Vermillion City uses tilesets 0 and 6, while Viridian Forest uses tilesets 0 and 34. Those numbers are what AdvanceMap calls them - I don't know if other editors give the same numbers.

EDIT: Oh, and Regice66, I'm curious: are you another new(ish) hacker, or are you usually here to help less experienced hackers but my question just sounded like gibberish?

Super new hacker person lol... and I really wanna mod my own pokemon game and want to get all the bugs worked out and what not

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Hey, I'm inserting music into my game and wondered if maybe anyone knew where to find a soundfont for Slap Bass 1

Do you mean a soundfont matching the one in the game? If so, try searching around with google or something.

While we're on the topic of soundfonts. i'll (sorta) bump an old question of mine.

Does anybody know where I can find a tool to rip soundfonts from a GBA pokemon rom?

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Hey, I'm inserting music into my game and wondered if maybe anyone knew where to find a soundfont for Slap Bass 1

Click me yo!
Looping parameters: start 4432, end 6896
Root key: 36 C1
Check out gogo's Sappy tutorial for a method of obtaining soundfonts.

Does anybody know where I can find a tool to rip soundfonts from a GBA pokemon rom?

Sappy can export instrument samples, although in an unorganized manner :\

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Click me yo!
Looping parameters: start 4432, end 6896
Root key: 36 C1
Check out gogo's Sappy tutorial for a method of obtaining soundfonts.

Sappy can export instrument samples, although in an unorganized manner :\

I know sappy can export samples as .wav, .raw, and . its. The problem is that I don't have a way to make soundfonts using those samples. (I tried a tool called viena(dunno if I spelled that right) and it didn't work out so well). I tried a tool called gbaMusRiper, but apparently the songtable is different in games like r/s/e and fr/lg even though they use the same sappy engine.

I guess I'll try again with Viena. That or try hex editing to make gbaMusRiper able to recognize the songtable.(which would be a nice test to see if I can even hex edit at all. lol)

Miikari

No problem here.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
Try using this version of XSE.

It works, thank you so much! c:

Also, another question, is there a way to change the name of the person who's speaking in FireRed? o: for example-

"MOM: [...]Right. All boys leave home some day." If I wanted to change her name to DAD or something like that, to make it: "DAD: [...]Right. All boys leave home some day.", Is it possible, and if so, how? Thanks in advance xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I have an odd question.

I started advance map and tried to load a ROM and I couldn't find it, so I typed it out and tried to open it. It didn't work.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need something else? Please help!

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
It works, thank you so much! c:

Also, another question, is there a way to change the name of the person who's speaking in FireRed? o: for example-

"MOM: [...]Right. All boys leave home some day." If I wanted to change her name to DAD or something like that, to make it: "DAD: [...]Right. All boys leave home some day.", Is it possible, and if so, how? Thanks in advance xD

that's just in the text itself for your example. Just change "MOM" to a different name and there ya go. :)
Also a tip in case you haven't read this yet, [player] puts in the players name and [rival] does the rival's name. And by the way(yeah I'm helping too much lol), there's some really helpful XSE tutorials in the tutorials section if you need more scripting help. :)

I have an odd question.

I started advance map and tried to load a ROM and I couldn't find it, so I typed it out and tried to open it. It didn't work.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need something else? Please help!

If you're typing the name in to find it:
- Make sure all the text is correctly capitalized and spaced.
- Make sure the C:\ (or whatever drive you've got the file in, EX: "D:\", "E:\", etc.) is included.
Example:
C:\Users\(insert name here)\Documents\Pokémon FireRed.gba

Or just put the rom close to the program so it isn't hard to find.

I hope this helped. :)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
that's just in the text itself for your example. Just change "MOM" to a different name and there ya go. :)
Also a tip in case you haven't read this yet, [player] puts in the players name and [rival] does the rival's name. And by the way(yeah I'm helping too much lol), there's some really helpful XSE tutorials in the tutorials section if you need more scripting help. :)
Just to add to this.
If you are changing name from shorter to longer (not this case, but you may need it in future), always use Text Adjuster so the text does not go out of box.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
someone know how to make synchronize in FR, and the effect of everstone with the eggs (100% the egg has the parent's nature)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Hey guys,
I'm just new in this hacking business and I'd like to know if there is already a hack in which you start AFTER this whole introduction scenes and getting your Pokemons and blah blah because I am really annoyed by this long intro before I can try out the hacks I inserted.
Sorry for any mistakes in my writing, Englisch is not my mother tongue..

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
I ran into a similar problem, but I created a new one when fixing it. So, I had one map with tilesets 0 and 1 going into a new map, tilesets 0 and 63. Tilesets 1 and 63 are actually very similar - enough that I simply remade a map so both used sets 0 and 1. (I may actually go back and remake them to both use 0 and 63, but that probably won't matter, right?) But now I've got a lot of glitched tiles showing up. Worse than before the fix, actually, and they're a permanent feature, rather than appearing only when I walk from one map to the other. What's going on? I've got a similar thing going on in my Mount Moon analog, but (1) to a lesser extent, (2) only inserting a few random water tiles, and (3) only applying to the middle floor. These glitched maps look fine in AdvanceMap, and I recently switched to using 1.92.

So, I still didn't get an answer to this question. But I've already got another one. One of my warps is kinda glitchy. I can enter the PokeMart in what used to be Pewter City just fine (now leading to the Vermillion City PokeMart). But when I exit, I end up 2 down and 3 to the left of the warp. I double checked my warp placement, and the warp is in the right place. Why would this be happening?

Years
So I know there is a way to extend the regional dex in Fire Red beyond 150 pokemon, but I can't find how to do it...anyone know? My searches have been dead-ends...

Years
I want to script the starter event (like where you choose your starter) but I want it to be in the hero/ines house like in black and white where when you walk downstairs they are on the table how would I do this also I want the rival to "steal" one you don't choose while you are out of the house at the professors lab almost like in G/S/C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back