• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pok?mon Lorrah Version

leafeon9697

Professor Hawthorne
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Pokémon Lorrah Version

Pokémon Lorrah Version
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Story

The beautiful Lorrah region has various amounts of different climates and geographically diverse zones. From snowy and mountainous regions to grassy flatlands, it is categorized as one of the most topographically diverse regions in the Pokémon world.

Professor Hawthorne, the official professor of the Lorrah region and brother of the well-known Professor Oak, presents you with your choice of 1 of 9 different Pokémon from 3 different regions that he has collected over the course of his years as a Pokémon trainer. It is up to you, as an -up-and-coming Pokémon trainer to become the very best like no one ever was.

Features

• Choose between 9 different starters
  • New storyline
  • Features snow/winter tiles
  • Opportunity to "collect" later generations of starters.
  • All Pokemon generations 1-3 obtainable through wild catch or evolution
  • Pokemon previously only able to evolve through trade have been modified
  • Gyms and gym leaders updated and intensified in difficulty
  • Many NPC's give away items
  • Day/Night system

Screenshots
Bg3waUF.png
0nfOBkg.jpg
D7UD85r.png

ck71bZn.png
6ABXLBi.jpg
1sqmXcy.jpg

YMzq8Wo.jpg
Z0kWI3M.jpg
wz5clod.jpg

MbidulE.png
VORQjQN.png
AF8sRFt.png

b6YjHqN.png
RMZ6L9w.png
fA9s1zf.png

3ZGMBRl.png
c5e79wp.png
NzuXHuG.png

FAQ

• Is there Mega Evolution in this game?
    No.
  • Is this game complete?
    Not at all.
  • Is there Physical/Special split?
    Not yet.
  • Are cross generation evolutions a thing?
    Also, not yet.
  • Are any items, moves, or abilities added or edited?
    I will do this once I figure out how to.
  • How far does this version go?
    It goes to the first gym and any further progress is pretty much impossible.
  • Why is the gym so hard?
    It's a "staller", I guess. I gives players something to work towards while I work on the hack. Also, I plan on making the game harder anyway.
  • Will there be a wild PKMN list out, as far as where to find PKMN?
    Maybe some day.
  • I can't get past Alaglace City! Something is blocking the way!
    I've blocked it off for now because I am working on the route on the other side of the gate.
  • When I walk into a doorway or house, the screen turns black an my game crashes. HELP!
    SORRY IT'S A BUG. All I can say for now is save often and let me know if something comes up.
  • When will further progress on this hack be released?
    ASAP and hopefully frequently.[/B]

NOTES

This is by no means A COMPLETED HACK. I have just posted it to receive some feedback by testers. Some things have not been changed, like many indoor tiles and the game intro. Also, things will be added in later to the beginning game play that the current version provides. Also, many existing tiles are subject to change for aesthetic reasons.

DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• LORRAH.ips
    6.8 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Sharing ROMs is against the forum rules. Please attach your hack as an IPS or UPS patch instead.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The first 9 screenshots are all blurry. Make sure to save them as .PNG so there's no compression/artifacts.

The screenshots look solid but maybe you should add some snow to the tall grass tiles? Seems strange to have them perfectly clean when everything else is covered in snow. The story is also very vague. Even if it's just the basic "collect gym badges and become champion" storyline, I'd still like to see more details. Who is the evil team (if there is one)? Feels like there should be more to it.

leafeon9697

Professor Hawthorne
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. I am obviously still working on this hack and plan on adding to what I have, including adding more story to a rival or "evil team". I realized after the first 9 screenshots that the way I was saving them and uploading was wrong and then fixed it after that. I will work on re-uploading those screenshots.

I have also attempted adding snow to the grass and I couldn't figure it out. Actually, if you have some advice for that I'd love to accept some tips.

If there is any other comments/suggestions/specifics you (or anyone else, for that matter) would like to note of, I would love more feedback as I am a new hacker and it would be great to here back.

Thanks.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
The game looks nice, although I feel you still need to edit a lot of tiles to fit your snow style ect but I think you know that already..
The story line seems generic but who said that, that can't still be good we love the originals don't we so I must say I am looking forward to this and I generally play when there is more available so when there is more to play through I will give this a try.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Individually the tree tiles looks good, but when put together it just doesn't feel right... maybe you could use some of the tiles posted by Pug above....

And does this have the PSS Split? New moves and abilities? Cross-gen evolutions? (e.g. Leafeon, Sylveon, Glaceon, Roserade, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, etc.) And what about items?

leafeon9697

Professor Hawthorne
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Individually the tree tiles looks good, but when put together it just doesn't feel right... maybe you could use some of the tiles posted by Pug above....

And does this have the PSS Split? New moves and abilities? Cross-gen evolutions? (e.g. Leafeon, Sylveon, Glaceon, Roserade, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, etc.) And what about items?

Yeah, the tree thing has been bugging me too. I just haven't found good "snowy tree" tiles that when put side by side don't look funky. And as for the PSS split. evolutions, moves, abilities, and items, I have not gotten that far either.

All of this to say, this hack is still definitely in the developmental stage and it's great to hear feedback so I know what to fix/add. Also I will answer these questions in the FAQ section. Thanks.

leafeon9697

Professor Hawthorne
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
This hack looks interesting and I like the tiles you chose and the fact that you choose from 9 different starters. Since you are all about the snow tiles, I have some tiles that I have compiled that are snowy if it helps you out:

http://i.imgur.com/fS5BfDH.png
Spoiler:

Awesome! These look great! I will definitely use some of these.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Trying this one now, looks okay and so far here's my thoughts:

• Game needs a pretty good title screen. You can refer to this thread how to do so: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=325944
  • Try to make the introduction different because when I first played the game I thought I was actually playing Firered. Start by having Professor Hawthorne introducing to the player instead of Oak himself. Make your room different and make it winter-styled.
  • When I exit from my home, I didn't get any info in the top left where I am. (As in, in the originals, when I exit from my home, there will be a bar at the top left screen showing "Pallet Town")
  • Personal opinion, try to make the 9 Pokeballs to be on a huge table instead of them scattering around. Or at least don't put one of the Pokeballs to be on the floor.
  • I picked Mudkip, and when I try to nickname my Pokemon, I got a Frogadier icon instead of Mudkip. Also, the Pokeball which has Mudkip in it doesn't disappear.

This is what I have so far, but the greatly detailed winter maps are really well done along with the day/night system make it a pretty interesting one. Good luck!

Also, if possible try to number what alpha version is it (e.g. Alpha v1.0 or 1.1) so that I can know if there's any updates.

Last edited:
Back