• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Melanite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Parker's OW pants shouldn't be so high up, I think... anyway, Alice is great!

Here was that banner or something...

BBHi_zps440ec270.png

no, he has a short vest/shirt thing going on and high pants, judging sprite to OW I would say its pretty good

I've been really into spriting lately, so I have more sprites done! Here are the overworlds for the rival Parker, and the Champion Alice
You've done a great job, I'm more of a classic spriter, I've only recently left my cave and joined the world in the 4-5 gen lifestyle, so I would say its probably better than what I could make hahahahaha
great job!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
@Creampuff

Thanks for the banner! I'll add it to the main post. Like saving Raven said, the pants are supposed to be like that. Thanks for the comments! :D

@Saving Raven

Thank you. I want to use HGSS graphics, so I am trying to match 4th gen style. Glad to see that I am.

Now, I have 4 new screens!

part_of_the_prophecy_by_rayd12smitty-d5ui3wy.png
\

EDIT: Oh and to clear something up, the white and black ball things are not the orbs. They only represent them. The actualy orbs are somewhere else

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
As mentioned in my last post, Yin and Yang are two of the main characters in Melanite's story. They embody Chaos and Order, and are the owners of Zekrom and Reshiram. I just finished making their sprites. Also, all sprites now have a nice little transparent shadow underneath them with a 75% opacity.

yin_and_yang_by_rayd12smitty-d5ur6hj.png

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
As mentioned in my last post, Yin and Yang are two of the main characters in Melanite's story. They embody Chaos and Order, and are the owners of Zekrom and Reshiram. I just finished making their sprites. Also, all sprites now have a nice little transparent shadow underneath them with a 75% opacity.

thats awesome! I love the look, its just so captivating and awesome >w<

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I got around to adding in VS animations. This is the first rival battle. It takes place inside the Pokemon Trainer School in Pallisa City. You can do this battle before or after the gym. If you do it before, it is good training, if you do it after, it will probably be pretty easy.
rival_battle_1_by_rayd12smitty-d5uv12y.png

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Thanks guys. Yin and yang are a main part of the story. You don't battle them until post elite four.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
You've come a long way. Congratulations. Question though, is the VS sequence from Luka?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Its been a few days since I posted any updates. Here is what has been done.

*Game is fully playable through first gym with no bugs that I can find
*Route 3 has been remapped and Trainers were added
*1st Badge now allows CUT not ROCK SMASH. It makes more sense and works better for me
*Boy and Girl Sprites for Walk/Run/Fish/PokeCenter are done
*Fixed path tiles in all maps
*Added cloud shadow effect (Fog Graphic) like in Platinum to Dusk Forest
*Redid Dusk Forest a little

Here is the New Route 3
Spoiler:

Down leads to Lily Town, Up leads to Vetus Town. The two different trees are Headbutt Trees. The house is the business Tree Co. The owner gives you a Treecko. (Punny Right?)

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hey guys. I haven't gotten any responses to my posts lately XD

Anyway, I'm gonna keep posting here anyway since I love your advice when you give it. I just drew out a concept for the second gym and want to know what you guys think.

Spoiler:

The gym is Rock Type and located in Splitsoul Town.

Leader: Doug
Lileep - Archen - Kabutops
Fossil Badge
Allows the use of Rock Smash

So the basic idea was to incorporate the Ruins of Alph tile minigame Maruno incorporated in the last essentials update. All the trainers in the gym are on the basement level, and to get to a basement area, you need to complete a Ruins of Alph tile game. The two long pathways on the sides of the leader's room are filled with rocks that when stepped too closely too attack you as hidden pokemon.

Please give opinions:D

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hey guys. I haven't gotten any responses to my posts lately XD

Anyway, I'm gonna keep posting here anyway since I love your advice when you give it. I just drew out a concept for the second gym and want to know what you guys think.

Spoiler:

The gym is Rock Type and located in Splitsoul Town.

Leader: Doug
Lileep - Archen - Kabutops
Fossil Badge
Allows the use of Rock Smash

So the basic idea was to incorporate the Ruins of Alph tile minigame Maruno incorporated in the last essentials update. All the trainers in the gym are on the basement level, and to get to a basement area, you need to complete a Ruins of Alph tile game. The two long pathways on the sides of the leader's room are filled with rocks that when stepped too closely too attack you as hidden pokemon.

Please give opinions:D

wow, haha, I like it, its really cool and gets into the real challenge of a gym, and utilizes the gym's type nicely and incorporated it fantastically good job

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
I really like your sprites, and your mapping style is great. the route 3 map you posted is visually really interesting without being too busy; it looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play through! your gym idea sounds pretty neat, too :)

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Thanks for the quick responses guys! I finished mapping it, but I am saving it for the game. Hopefully it will be playable soon. I'm thinking of moving to the showcase in a few weeks since I'm farther than a few games there.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks for the quick responses guys! I finished mapping it, but I am saving it for the game. Hopefully it will be playable soon. I'm thinking of moving to the showcase in a few weeks since I'm farther than a few games there.

haha, thats how I felt when i first moved, Its a nice feeling, it feels like you've accomplished something, and people will start caring a little more, but then people will be more demanding and wanting more content to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back