• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I like the marketing strategy, though I still probably won't be getting a Whopper anytime soon.

In other news (well, not really news, but an interesting view on how other people view things down here), I recently returned to Texas after a trip to British Columbia, and some friends of mine up there and I were talking about various things when the topic of marriage laws came up. Long story short, I told my friends how things were down here and they all thought that Texas seemed a bit "backwards and archaic" in that regards. To be honest, I agree with them.

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
My name is Anno, I'm 13 and I'm transgender male-to-female u.u;; is it okay if I join?

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I ain't lettin' this stay dead.

And welcome, Anno! I'm trans too so it's always nice meeting someone who's on a similar boat. We accept everyone here...except bullies. We're a bully-free zone.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Wait, theres a thing about Sherlock Holmes and Watson being gay? How did I not find out about this sooner?

Honestly, as someone who hasn't watched Sherlock or any of the new films but who has read the original stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, I'll say I'm not fond of the idea because there was not even a single hint of Holmes and Watson being gay in the original works. Then again, I haven't seen any of the new Sherlock Holmes stuff, so maybe its more radically different from the original works than I thought.

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
Having read the original stories I would say it's much more likely than Sherlock is asexual, imo.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
I'd love to join this. I am gay but I personally do not like to label myself that. I just say I am attracted to guys if people really want to know. The reason why I don't label myself as gay is because I don't want to be known as "that gay guy" or a "gay best friend". I'm just Patrick & I so happen to like guys.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@Sherlock/Watson The fans seem obsessed with the idea (strangely, mostly teenage girls :s). They do have some kind of bromance-y chemistry though, I can see what they're getting at, but I agree the Sherlock seems to work best as a unaware asexual.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Holmes is most certainly best, as said in the post above, as an unaware asexual. However, people often seem to forget that at one point Watson had a wife (Mary Morstan, if I remember correctly).

Also, welcome Trick 'r Treat. Trust me, I didn't tell anyone I was bi (or even try to get a boyfriend) for a while because I felt the same way you do. To be quite honest, I still try to be as far from the gay stereotype as possible.

EmeraldRarity

Music Loving Pokefam~
Years
Hey I'm an androgynous (female identified, but I hate my gender "role") Pansexual,and I'm new to the community of LGBT,but still want to join,can I?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Just out of curiosity, is anyone here bi-gendered? I've heard the term several times, but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone actually say they were bi-gendered themselves. Just wondering what it's like.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Bigendered actually describes me quite well, I think I actually labeled myself as such in a post here at one point. While dealing with my whole trans* issues, the one thing that I found particular about myself was the lack of physical dysphoria. I really have no qualms about who I am physically at this point, but I still felt like I belonged to the other gender. So yeah, I think how most people describe it, you do actually wake up feeling like one or the other. I would realistically love to have two different identities/personas and live as a bigendered person, but in my honest opinion, and I know a lot of people would scoff at "not following who you are", but I just don't think it's the smartest path, at least for me to take, so I have some more personal figuring out to do.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Hmm, so you feel like two different people entirely, or just have changing interests? Or do you feel like both at the same time?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
More like two people. In my research, I think genderfluid is the term that more describes feeling like both at the same time. With bigender, you can notice a stark difference, it's not really my interests that change, I just feel like a physically different person.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Recently, there has been a large -kin movement on tumblr, with awareness of otherkin (and similar) being more noticeable. This has also led to the rise in 'troll' otherkin blogs, such as those claiming to be toasters or pokemon in a previous life.

What is your opinion on otherkin? Can you see them joining the LGBTQ bracket in 10 years time?

Another interesting position is that otherkin are detracting from serious issues such as transgender by living out (/roleplaying) a fantasy life. Do you feel the otherkin movement will pose a threat to the transgender community and their progress?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I haven't heard much about this, so I'm not the most informed. I think it's similar to the gender and sexuality labels though. Once we start getting past things that are historically black and white/clear cut, then I think the whole LGBTQ thing becomes a bit crowded, and perhaps unnecessary as more people become accepting of it. If it's something that's genuine, and obviously for some it is, then I have no problem with it. But the same with sex and gender, the trolls are making it hard to take things seriously.

I guess I can see where the transgender issues come about regarding otherkin, but I can't really see it becoming a problem.

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
Tumblr is very problematic, tbh. The -kin movement and the nan0girl thing and all that... in some ways it seems to make people of gender fluidity, like demigenders and other people who fals alternate places on the spectrum out to be kind of... like a parody.

And I don't really like that, because for everybody saying "my pronouns are bunself" and accusing people who adhere to medical definitions for GID to be haters, that dilutes the people in the community who are truly suffering.

Tumblr coined the term "truscum" to deride people who have a medical diagnosis for GID, and who have gender dysphoria. I find that behavior really worrying....

Years
I suppose I should pan in with my opinion for once. haha sexuality puns

Look, nothing on Tumblr should be taken seriously. I think I'm not saying anything new when I tell you people that basically most of the "SJW" base of Tumblr are defending people for things they (the people being defended) don't particularly care about, or don't need defending for.

Or at least that's the official version of gossip. In reality, most self-proclaimed SJWs are attention-hungry college kids who are full of themselves and think they know everything.

Take this -kin thing for example. I've heard about "otherkin" before this entire new fad started, and from what my friend told me, it's not some sort of gender thing - or at least, not directly. In layman's terms, it could be described as "transspecies". Nothing to merit any new form of identity. Feel like you're really a phoenix? **** it, be a phoenix, what's stopping you. You don't need to put a warning on your blog saying "I'm a phoenix". Yet apparently some people think otherwise.

Then there's this outbreak of something called fictionkin. What the heck? I've seen enough of this to know that it's a load of dung. From the ironically reblogged posts that sometimes cross my dash, I know that this is either a very elaborate attempt at trolling, or someone's undiluted stupidity. It could be one or the other. There is no way someone could identify as a fictional person. This is exactly why nobody likes anything that comes out of Tumblr anymore.

Back