• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tek

Years
Well I feel bad bragging since Wolf is having a hard time, but I'm done with the project and it didn't go half bad. Although if I had spent more time, I would have replaced Ancientpower with Rock Slide via chain breeding.

Anyways, I hatched roughly 30 eggs, 20 of which were between a Ditto and a Mudkip to hatch the mother of the pair. The father was a Corsola, and the paternal grandfather was a Slowking with Curse.

Max the Mudkip
Brave Male Lv 1
Ancientpower/Curse/Refresh/Mirror Coat
x|31|31|x|x|x

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
View attachment 71184

I haven't really been breeding or anything really. I've been busy with personal affairs. The picture above is the best I have. I've been wanting a female HA Froakie for some time now, but most have been coming out as torrent instead of protean (parents are a male HA Greninja and a Japanese ditto.)

Tek

Years
Yeah real life trumps poke breeding for sure. I think it would be good for the projects to be monthly or at least bi-weekly to give enough time.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Yeah real life trumps poke breeding for sure. I think it would be good for the projects to be monthly or at least bi-weekly to give enough time.

Agreed. Bi-weekly/monthly would give everyone enough time to breed. (Cause you can't work for 2+ weeks straight without atleast 1-3 days off.)

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
i will have it b monthly starting with the current project cuz i see my co owners made a good point

Mr.LunchboxBear

Pokébreeder
Years
I'll post pics soon, but I got a Chespin with the Egg Moves Spikes, Defense Curl, and Rollout. Next is breeding for 5/6IV and then continuing until I achieve shiny status lol I'll post the pics tomorrow. I have school three days a week from 6am-3pm, so I'm busy most the week. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and the weekends are my Pokemon days. I also recently purchased SoulSilver for nostalgic reasons, so I might do future breeding projects on there and transfer all the way to Y. Anyways, one more thing before I stop ranting. Is taking a picture with a camera the only way to get a screenshot?

Reactions: Tek

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Just take a pic with your laptop or something but if u have a desk top u might have 2 transfer your photos through

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I love breeding! Also, during a battle with my friend, sometimes a few statistics pops up while the other trainer is still choosing their move, and it showed that I hatched over 900 something eggs, haha. Those were probably from all the Fletchling I hatched trying to get a shiny out of them :P

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Breeding is the main thing I do after the story. I train a little bit here and there, but most of my hours on my game are spent breeding Pokémon, and nothing really else.

Tek

Years
I cwe r breedaholics all of us especially jz hahaha so how are ur projects?

I'm thinking about working on mine a bit more. I'd like to get at least a 3V Mudkip, as well as replacing Ancientpower with a physical move.

Here's a question for discussion: what's your preferred breeding method?

I have a box full of Ditto. There's one of every nature, and among them there are several that have one or two perfect IVs. It basically works out so that I can choose between passing any nature or passing a single IV that I need.

I generally use the Ditto to produce the mother of whatever pokemon I'm going for. That way I always get the nature I want for the baby. I'm slowly replacing any Ditto that are not rated 'outstanding' by the judge, which should help make my hatchlings stronger. The Ditto with the right nature doesn't always have the IVs I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Bad Wolf Entity

The One, The Only
Years
Hello
Name: Jonathan
Pokemon: Scyther
Current Topic: My breeding project is to obtain a 5IV shiny technician adamant Scizor. As a result I have plenty of 5IV adamant technician scythers I can give away. They aren't shiny but they're competition worthy.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Name: Eevee
Partner Pokemon: Shinx!
Answer the current topic:

My current project is to breed the perfect Pokemon and then start EV training them. I have a 6IV Ditto in the daycare that I pair up with whatever parent so that the offspring will have 6IVs. I have a box full of Pokemon that I need to breed for natures.

It look me like, hours to hatch a Mild nature Houndour. xD

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Here's a question for discussion: what's your preferred breeding method?

Well, with the awesome way the Destiny Knot works in gen 6, what I do is gradually replace the parents I'm using with the better offspring, to increase the chances of passing those max IVs.

I guess what's more important is preparing the initial parents. Like Tek, I have a bunch of Ditto with good IVs that I caught myself in the Friend Safari; also a few foreign Ditto from the GTS. I have my Synchronize Ralts, that I use to catch a parent with a specific nature. Using good, bred Pokemon that happen to be in the right egg group or have the right nature works great too, I have my own that I bred from past projects, but also Wonder Trading provides very valuable Pokemon with 4 or 5 max IVs as well, most of them foreign, as many breeders WT all their offspring - I know I do it.

Back