• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I got a bunch of Ditto with good IV's and each with different nature. So depending on the nature I want on the Pokemon I want to breed, I chose the good Ditto :P

Also the Ditto are all foreign so I got increased chances of shinies^^

Reactions: Tek

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Also the Ditto are all foreign so I got increased chances of shinies^^
That feeling you get when you breed a shiny without actively breeding for shiny. Happened to me once, got a Japanese female Helioptile off Wonder Trade, thought I'd bred one with good IVs for myself, and bam, after a bunch of eggs, shiny Helioptile! Was really glad, especially since he's my first shiny that I bred myself ^^

Tek

Years
There's just something about that Ditto that Pokémon like. It must spit mad game :D

Welcome to the new members Eevee and Bad Wolf! I encourage ya'll to partake in the group breeding project. Currently we are breeding a starter Pokemon from Kalos region, or any other starter if you don't have X/Y. The project ends at the end of the month, which is when we'll all share our results.

Also, if anyone is thinking about a challenge run, might I suggest the breeder-oriented Born and Raised challenge, created by yours truly? Lol it dies in ten days so I'm really hoping someone will take it XD

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Welcome everyone that just joined the club! It's great to have you here.

Now to answer the preferred method question;
I prefer to breed a Pokémon from my game with a foreign ditto/Pokémon that I want to breed. Mainly for the higher shiny rate.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Since the project is still ongoing and I haven't done any breeding in a while, I'm gonna start on the project if it's not too late. First to decide which Kalos starter to breed; I checked which ones I have from Wonder Trades: half a box of Froakie, a few Fennekin, and one Chespin. We have a winner, definitely gonna show Chespin some love!

Luckily, I have an Impish JAP female with her HA, Bulletproof, so I'm definitely passing that down. She's at lv. 31, so she was probably used for breeding; after a quick check with the Move Reminder lady, apparently she forgot her egg moves: Rollout + Defense Curl. I'm gonna have her remember those, so she can pass them down to the offspring. And since we're talking egg moves, I'll throw in Belly Drum + Synthesis too, and have all 4 moves to be egg moves ^^

Tek

Years
Since the project is still ongoing and I haven't done any breeding in a while, I'm gonna start on the project if it's not too late. First to decide which Kalos starter to breed; I checked which ones I have from Wonder Trades: half a box of Froakie, a few Fennekin, and one Chespin. We have a winner, definitely gonna show Chespin some love!

Luckily, I have an Impish JAP female with her HA, Bulletproof, so I'm definitely passing that down. She's at lv. 31, so she was probably used for breeding; after a quick check with the Move Reminder lady, apparently she forgot her egg moves: Rollout + Defense Curl. I'm gonna have her remember those, so she can pass them down to the offspring. And since we're talking egg moves, I'll throw in Belly Drum + Synthesis too, and have all 4 moves to be egg moves ^^

Exclamation: Hey.... the mother doesn't pass moves!

Statement: Also, project ends at the end of the month, so you should have enough time. Maybe not enough for a shiny but you never know.

Declaration: Also, if the 6th Gen Move Relearner can retrieve lost egg moves, then I need a 3ds and a 6th Gen game.

Query: Shall we start thinking about what the next project will be?

Admission: I like the Spring-theme idea, but I am also somewhat biased since it was my idea.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Exclamation: Hey.... the mother doesn't pass moves!

Statement: Also, project ends at the end of the month, so you should have enough time. Maybe not enough for a shiny but you never know.

Declaration: Also, if the 6th Gen Move Relearner can retrieve lost egg moves, then I need a 3ds and a 6th Gen game.

Query: Shall we start thinking about what the next project will be?

Admission: I like the Spring-theme idea, but I am also somewhat biased since it was my idea.

No no, the mother does pass down egg moves in gen 6. I actually did it before, so it's a fact.

I'm not sure if I'll go for shiny, since the JAP female only has 2 perfect IVs and I'll switch her as soon as I get a better one. Then again, considering the starters' gender ratio, that might not happen very soon, so I might end up MMing for a while.

Well, there's the fact that you can remember egg moves and event moves (though only those from gen 6), the Destiny Knot passing down 5 stats from the parents, the mother passing down egg moves and the Poke Ball, the father passing down the HA, the Everstone guarantees passing down the nature, better chances for shinies... Gen 6 is breeders paradise, so if you can, definitely get the game :)

I'm on board with the Spring theme; what would it mean? Do you guys want to leave it to interpretation, or do we set some criteria? Grass-types sounds too broad, maybe limiting it to Grass-types who are in the green color group? I mean, Amoongus doesn't look very vernal, does it? Or like I said, we can just leave it to interpretation.

Tek

Years
I sort of loosely defined a spring theme earlier as anything relating to flowers, bunnies, and rain. Basically anything that reminds one of spring, or evokes spring-like feelings to be slightly more vague.

Abamasnow is more closely related to winter, but there is the occasional April snowstorm (at least where I live) so that would be justified. Bugs and mushrooms proliferate more heavy in summer, but the process starts in spring, so they would ok.

It's supposed to be a fun thing, so really, as long as you can come up with a halfway decent reason that a pokemon has something to do with spring, I'd say go for it.

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I would have to agree with tek above me. As long as there's a decent reason why a Pokémon is spring related, you should be able to breed it.

As for me for when that event starts, I'll probably be breeding lopunny

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Reporting on my Chespin, I have the parents prepared:
  • female JAP Chespin, Impish, Bulletproof, knows Rollout + Defense Curl
  • male Spheal, knows Belly Drum
  • male Seedot, knows Synthesis

The Spheal is bred by myself, from a female Spheal from the Friend Safari and a male Marill with Belly Drum, that I bred a while back. The Seedot, I got him at lv. 1 from WT, and trained him to lv. 20 to learn Synthesis. I can't remember IVs right know, but I'll post them next time.

So flowers, Easter and April showers? Sounds like spring to me, I'll have to think what to breed for next month ^^

Schizii

Always tired.
Years
Name: Schizii
Partner Pokemon:
Miltank
Scrappy
Careful, Female, Lv. 51
x/x/31/31/31/31

Milotic
Marvel Scale
Bold, Male, Lv. 51
x/x/31/31/31/31

What is your breeding method?
Oh goodness. Hmm... Breeding methods. I don't believe I have one, really. ono
I have a four-IV ditto which I use a lot. Normally I try to find a pokemon that has the two missing IVs [hp and attack] and then just put the two together with a destiny knot.
Then, I just... Hatch eggs. xD If I get an ability I want, I switch that pokemon with the pokemon paired with ditto to get a higher chance. Then, if I get a nature I like + the ability, I make another switch and attach an everstone to that pokemon.
Then it's just well, a series of waiting and patience. ouo

Tek

Years
I did a breeding project for a friend yesterday. He's playing SS and wants to build a Fire-type team. So I bred him a Houndour that could cover his team's type weaknesses!

I used a Lv 47 Houndour from the Safari Zone as the mother, and a Lv 24 Houndour from my Pokéwalker as the father. I leveled the father until he learned Fire Fang and Faint Attack. I was going to replace Fire Fang with Flamethrower, but I accidentally let him evolve too soon, and was running out of time >.< So I taught him Solarbeam via TM and Thunder Fang via Move Relearner, and pressed onwards.

The mother didn't have a useful nature, and neither of them had any perfect IVs. The father had a decent Sp.A IV, so I gave him the Power Band. I really wanted the baby to hatch with Faint Attack, which is why I didn't breed up a different mother.

So after about fifteen eggs or so I ended up with:

Early Bird Houndour
Hasty Female Lv 1
Fire Fang/Thunder Fang/Faint Attack/Solarbeam
Above Average x|x|x|x|x|x

Last edited:

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
I did a breeding project for a friend yesterday. He's playing SS and wants to build a Fire-type team. So I bred him a Houndour that could cover his team's type weaknesses!

I used a Lv 47 Houndour from the Safari Zone as the mother, and a Lv 24 Houndour from my Pokéwalker as the father. I leveled the father until he learned Fire Fang and Faint Attack. I was going to replace Fire Fang with Flamethrower, but I accidentally let him evolve too soon, and was running out of time >.< So I taught him Solarbeam via TM and Thunder Fang via Move Relearner, and pressed onwards.

The mother didn't have a useful nature, and neither of them had any perfect IVs. The father had a decent Sp.A IV, so I gave him the Power Band. I really wanted the baby to hatch with Faint Attack, which is why I didn't breed up a different mother.

Early Bird Houndour
Hasty Female Lv 1

still good houndor no shame their bro

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Early Bird Houndour
Hasty Female Lv 1

For a quick 1-day project, that's a good Houndour, especially considering that you had to train the parents and prepare their moves carefully before breeding. And a full set of egg moves on bred Pokemon makes it even better :)

Tek

Years
still good houndor no shame their bro

Thanks d00d :] I can say I'm proud of it.

For a quick 1-day project, that's a good Houndour, especially considering that you had to train the parents and prepare their moves carefully before breeding. And a full set of egg moves on bred Pokemon makes it even better :)

Weeeelll I trained one parent lol but still, thanks. Really, with a moveset like that and a Hasty nature, perfect IVs would be overkill... his fire-type team is just to get him through Johto - he isn't planning on using the Houndour competitively.

Back