• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Your voice is so pretty. Wish I could duet with you XD;;; I can't write musick well so I can't really give advices, but I like how it sounds.

Also this is not musick but it is an audio clip from a game we're working on and it's epick and has earned us a buttload of more followers for our game XD;; so woooo! jdhfhfijwijijwYAYAYAYAYAYexcited

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34164125

Eargasms worth of battle, minus the main character's voice cause his VA is lazy o.O;;; (He will be voiced by Nightmare Nadia though lol)

Mix and vocal editing by Me/Kurui
"Eve Maiden" voiced by Christina/Kitty
SFX by Nightmare Nadia
Epick Musick of epickness "Kneel and Perish" by Burstknuckle (although it is not for this game, but for one of my personal games, so it won't be in this game at all just a placeholder XD sucks for them long live Burstknuckle epicks~)
Based on ChiMeGo's (studio) game, "Anything", produced and directed by Mortimer "Toad" Toynbee, founder/CEO of ChiMeGo.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to the club Slayr!

For collaboration its more you record your part then upload it and someone puts it all together xD, so its not that big of a deal if your net isnt THAT great, so dont let that stop you! How long have you been playing?

Kanto! Bro, you have a very pleasant voice, I really liked that cover and I personally think it was fantastic but I dont know what the original sounds like so I cant really compare it to anything. It does sound fantastic though! You should definitely get some members together and do some more songs with them (us).

Kurui that was definitely cool sounding, is this game just going to have an epic OST or what!? I think yessss!

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Aw, thanks for the kind words guys.

CarefulWetPaint, I'm up for collaborating with other users. I haven't checked through the thread but are there any other members who regularly collaborate with others on Pop/Rock/Jazz stuff?

Kurui, that audio clip sounded awesome. Couldn't help but bounce my head to it. Do you have other audio clips like that for the rest of the game?

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
No, that was our first one. It's going to have video to it when we get the video to render properly, and with hopefully the main character's voice acting also in there.

But I did sing a little verse of a song I like, but I can't find the english instrumental of it so singing the chorus would be werid......but I sang the verse <3

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34164563

A barren lonesome place stripped of all hope, faith, and belief
I stumble on for I alone can bring relief to those that cry out
With the weight of the world now on my shoulders, I feel weak
But with a hand from you I'll never know defeat

In your arms I feel warm and I know then that you'll always be the one that's there for me
And so I dream once more
Of that one place we both knew when happiness was just one step away

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34164779

An extended piece testing even more of Eve Maiden's voices. I'm almost done processing her complete batch that I've gotten so far. =_=;; It's taking ages.

I think she has some 40 odd sound files just for her battle <_<;;......not even counting the normal "ouch" "hya" stuff.

This is horribly majour spoilers for this game by the way. I have no idea why we're showing this stuff first -_-;;; But it was Toad's decision. More spoilers below to those who are interested in this battle sequence.

Spoiler:

Added Files:
"Monster's shouldn't exist!"
"I'm ugly. *sob* I'm so ugly..."
"What is my reason...for being...?"
"Please!"
"Don't touch me."
"Everything, go away!"
"I don't want this. Please...Let us disappear."

Yeah this is the FULL list......God help me -_-;; And thank God I'm not the one voice acting these XD;;

Spoiler:

EDITO: I've been having bajillions people from everywhere ask me for the musickal track for this sample so here it is. There should be a way to download it from there too.

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34164817

"Kneel and Perish" by Burstknuckle and was created for the Aylansir boss battles on SpherEternity: Fallen Angels (SEFA). Please do NOT use it in anything. Just to listen to if you want. But this song is in a game product and so yeah, please don't use. I had problems in the past with that -_-;;

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Kanto I think theres a few members that would probably be interested in doing something with you if you approached them, if they have collaborator in their name just vm them and see if they are interested, I've love to see groups getting together and doing stuff that they share with the club <3

Kurui you really keep yourself busy don't you! You're always doing so many things that are musically related and you do them so well! You are definitely incredible :)
Do you do much of the music for that game? I swear you must do it all.

Kroso, that is looking rather nice indeed. I wonder what kind of sound all those woods are going to have together, I bet its going to be a marvelous tone indeed! (Im pretty sure they are regardly used woods are they not?)

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I direct the music for that game the music is from. Because of the age of the music dating 3-4 years back (this is a game I work on and off on for art while helping others with their games so it will not be released for years probably), we had no mixing skill, and the files were lost. So the mixing is terrible (it was never mixed). Because of that the entire OST is getting a small re-do keeping that same score, but with new VSTs and mixing/mastering. I remastered Kneel and Perish specifically for the test. It will still be recomposed though.

I did not hand create the music because I have little experience in FL Studio. What I did was sit with the guy making the musical sketch and direct the flow of the song itself. While letting him have creative freedom and my guidance for the OST. The OST will be re-composed by NN with professional mixing and mastering. It will probably NOT get real instruments (I prefer digital game music). The game was styled after Star Ocean 2. Look up the OST of that for the influence. It is virtually identical in composition and instrumentation.

The song I had the most influence in (and actually got to sit down and place notes down for!) was 'The Victor'.

Note: That one is not remastered like Kneel and Perish one so the quality might be lower.
For this song I created nearly all of the main melody myself.

And here is the entire theme of said game, which once had a complete 2D and 3D trailer to it that was lost in the computer crash (in fact the massive loss of data is why I decided to help others with games and slowly rebuild instead of jumping back into this one). This is the extended Theme/Trailer Full version. You can really get the space adventure feel of the game here. XD;; Listen until the climax at the end. IMO worth it.

I sadly had some upwards of 3k (yes, 3000) followers and players of that game (some demos were released at one point, battle demos). I had to let them know the game was on hiatus. That really sucked. >_<;;;

---------------------------

The sound files for the other game, Anything, I am responsible for cleaning up, processing, etc the voice over (that voice actress has a horrible mic. i have to restore it to okay-ish quality for the game samples). The battle music for it is controlled by Intimate Label (An actual Korean music label lead by Jaydop) so he will have the real music pieces for it whenever he can. Anything will have a primarily hop hop/rap, funk, rnb, pop OST with Korean influences. All of that spacey rock music you here there is for my personal game which is a sci-fi fantasy game. I just needed filler to see what a vocal would sound like in music for a battle demo. Like placeholder. This Anything game is more of a modern age game, so the spacey sci-fi rock doesn't fit it~.

On another note I just got fresh in the rest of the VA's lines......and she really.............REALLY creeps me out. I'm reminded of Higurashi madness with this: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34165185

*shivers*

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
New track on the Soundcloud, guys. Cover of a Beatles song called Blackbird (yeah, more acoustic stuff, I'll get some full songs up at some point, they just take longer to arrange and mix).

I'm aware that I made a couple of lyrical errors (stupid me, I'll probably reupload it with a rerecorded vocal), but I've posted it mostly just to ask if the production sounds good enough? I.E. is it listenable?

I also have a short demo of an instrumental track (an original) that I'm working on that might go on there at some point too.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thats incredible that you get to direct music for the game! You must get to have a lot of fun with that I am sure! Its a bummer to hear that the game got slowed down heaps by a loss of data due to a computer crash, that would have hurt! I hope you guys can get back to where you were soon enough!

Again fantastic Kanto! I really appreciate the fact that you sure you're covers with us it really sets a good example for other members to follow :)

I havent been doing much musically lately, been a bit low on equipment with both of my guitars having technical issues that I cant fix at the moment. ~First world problems.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years

As I wrote in my latest blog, this won me a little award thingy for best CV UST designer. I apparently have one of the "Most realistic UTAU styles out there for straight CV". Now THAT makes me feel good!

You can compare mine to say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-YSTHJZ4cQ&t=50s

This is only my second UST from scratch! (it had to be around a 30 second - 1 minute sample for constraints).

Too bad the resampler swallowed his consonants, but I plan to manually edit them in better (Just the K, T, and Sh). As I said before he really doesn't even a half bank, so to be able to get him to sing all the right things with what I have takes ungodly amounts of time and work. But it pays off.

Toad also had majority vote for the 2nd most attractive non-Japanese male UTAU voice! Yes, bow to his smex of a voice. Mwahahahahaa.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Well I don't think I've ever joined a club before. Hope I'm doing all this right.

Username: outfox
Instrument(s) played: Piano/keyboard, ukulele, mandolin, trombone/baritone, tuba/sousaphone, and voice.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: yes indeedy

What is the largest crowd/group of people you've played infront of? What was it for? How did you feel before, during and after the experience?
Full restaurants and on stage, I'd say the most I've performed for was about 100 I guess. I don't like to be focused on so smaller groups tend to make me more nervous (although the psych ward I played for was another story- another story for another time u.u). I perform for the sake of playing at all, although I have performed competitively and I was always dragged into those kinds of events. It's uplifting to receive recognition and praise for something you're talented at, but I find the attention overwhelming. I don't mean to sound self-righteous or corny but I'd really rather play for a good cause, performing just feels entirely different when in the back of my mind I'm brightening a day. Music flows out of me, I'm not near as nervous and rigid.

anyway.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to the club Outfox!

It's seems to me that you've played for crowds alot /envious.
What instrument do you play when youre playing in front of these people? Piano? I think its amazing that people can play so regularly and in front of so many people! How did you get started with that?

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Thanks! I live in Austin, TX, which is known for its variety and abundance of music venues so it's not very difficult to find places to perform. I think, as a fellow musician, you'd thrive here. :)

I play piano and I'll sometimes sing. I must admit that I get nerve-stricken and that always hinders my performing in the beginning, but it doesn't take that long/that many drinks for me to settle. I play at random places, I know a cafe and a couple bars that allow 'open performance nights,' if you will (and provided you have certain sound equipment), and I have a friend I met through work that now owns a restaurant and has allowed me to play on his stage a few times. It's a little extra money in my pocket, that's what drives me; although I'd like to start teaching music (again, I used to for really young kids, but I'd like to learn to play technically so I can teach older age groups) or playing for nursing homes or something like that.

Anyway, sorry so long. :s I see you're a guitarist- have you ever performed for a sizable group of people? (Forgive me if you answered the question already, I skimmed through the thread and if you did answer I missed it)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Ah Austin, sense is made now! Haha I doubt that Id thrive there! Im not very good :S

Oh Piano and signing! Thats always relaxing to listen to, Im sure you get a good reception doing that in cafes and such. Do you make that much money from it?

Umm I havent really played infront of that large of a group in all honesty, I dont really have a reason to or a place to where I live so havent experienced much in the way of playing live for people. oh wells!

I guess Ill add a new topic:

Have you been paid to play live/play for someone in your music career? If so what was it for and how much did you make, if not would you like too?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I guess Ill add a new topic:

Have you been paid to play live/play for someone in your music career? If so what was it for and how much did you make, if not would you like too?
Not yet. All of the gigs I've played have just been to get my name/my old band's name out there.

I'd love to earn money from it, because the audience appreciate it and performing is incredible fun. Getting paid to do something you love is the ultimate career.

I would certainly like to be paid if performing and recording becomes my career (which is what I'm aiming for) and I'm dedicated to a heavy schedule.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I see thats a bummer, did you have to pay to play there? :S

I think if you were getting paid to do it it'd definitely give you some motivation to absolutely nail your performances! Plus getting paid doing what you love is basically just winning the game of life if you ask me.

Oh thats awesome that you are going for a career in the music industry! I wish you a whole lot of luck in that for sure.

IllusDark8

Username: IllusDark8
Instrument(s) played: Piano, Harp, Flute, Trumpet and Clarinet; Singer
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: For Sure

What was the first instrument you started playing, how old were you, and how did you get interested in playing that instrument?

I was 7 when I learned to play the piano and I first learned the Underwater Theme from Super Mario Bros.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I didn't even know this thread existed. Of course I'll sign up!

_Dean_
Guitar, piano, drums, harmonica, ukulele (etc.)
I'm not really willing to collaborate, but if it's something that really interests me I may give it a go.

Of course. The band is paid for every show we play and we divide it amongst ourselves. My solo acts are where I make the most money. The most I've ever made with the band was only $20 in my own pocket, but I've been paid $100 for a few shows as a soloist.

EDIT
Click for solo acoustic song!

Last edited:
Back