• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
The Graphics Rating Thread

This is the new Graphics Rating Thread. The old one can be found here.

This time, we've laid down a few rules to keep things a little more organized, so let me explain them to you!

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Should your post not follow the rules mentioned below, that post is subject to deletion, without you being notified beforehand.

Rules

1. This thread will work somewhat like "The One Above" game. This means that you must rate the banner posted above your post in order to get yours rated. If the person above you did not post anything to be rated, then consider yourself lucky! You got a wildcard! If there is nothing specified to be rated in the post above, then go ahead and pick any banner to rate. However, you MUST RATE at least one banner!

If the person above you has neglected to rate the banner above their post, then you can feel free to ignore their post as if it didn't exist, and rate the banner that they failed to rate.

If you have more than one banner/icon/etc. to be rated, then feel free to post all of them. The person under you will only be required to rate one, but you might get lucky and someone else might rate a different one later on. At this point, you can utilize the new repost banner rule and repost the ones that didn't immediately get rated.

If you wanted to rate a banner other than the one above yours, unfortunately, you're still going to have to rate the banner above yours. But, once you've rated that one, then feel free to rate as many others as you like!

2. Re-Posting a Banner? Do it, by all means! Because of the new layout of this rating thread, it's perfectly fine for you to repost a banner. However, don't go overboard, because we really don't want to have to rate the same banner over and over again.

3. Do not mini-mod. It is highly unappreciated, and if I see you doing it, it will be considered as spam. Use the report button at the upper right hand corner of the post that is violating one of the rules instead, please.
report.gif

4. Follow all Graphics & Photography Section, and Pokecommunity Rules. This includes the Commenting rule, and saying just "I love it!" or "It looks great!" will be considered spam.

5. You have no idea how much it helps to put the username of the owner of the graphic you're rating before your actual rating. Even putting something like, "Pikachu Banner" helps us discern who you're talking to. It saves us all a world of headache, so please, do it. This is not required, but it would certainly help if you're rating multiple banners. It's okay to quote the banner in order to help us better see who it is you're rating.

6. You are allowed to post; Banners, Wallpapers (please put these in a link), Renders, Stamps (if they're smaller stamps, please post more than one), and Icons/Avatars. If you have a different type of graphic to be posted, please PM me beforehand and ask. ^^

7. If you can't handle criticism, then you probably shouldn't be here. Be respectful, and grateful that we take our time to rate and comment on your graphics.

8. You are allowed to respond to comments directed to your banners without rating things in return, but ONLY if you have nothing to be rated, and are simply replying to a comment on a banner that you posted previously. This will not be counted as spam, we will simply skip over your post if you choose to do so.

9. These rules will be subject to change. (Especially during the beginning. I will post when I change something.)

Wow, that was longer than I thought it would be. If there's anything confusing, or if you have any questions/suggestions/comments please PM Loki.

So, I'll begin;

Darabanner.png

This is a banner made for Vanilla Kitsune. It's somewhat old, but I was really pleased with it when I made it, and I'm still really pleased with the way it turned out. |D​

Last edited:
Years
@ Xenocrates: It's a really nice banner! It all matches perfectly and it's not too overdone. I really love the effect you put into it! 10/10.

As for my banner, it's pretty basic and I made it fast, but for some reason I think it looks pretty good.

Ed.png

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Relyt; It does look good! I'm not too big a fan on FMA, but the effects on the banner are really nice, and the abstract in the background really fits well with his metal arm. As for the text though, you should try something different from an outer glow sometime, because it's a bit hard to read. The blending is awesome, although the yellow-blue parts on his hair aren't quite so... awesome. xD; It's still really nice for a blending job though. The border needs definite work, you should fiddle around with border color, thickness, and placements. ^^ The color layers (?) on top of the render work really nicely as well.

I ran out of banners I want rated, even though I really wanted to rate this FMA one. xD

Years
Thanks Xenocrates. I don't really know what more effects I can do to text, I'm so bad with texts... do you know any good tutorials, or simple things to make it look good? (And where do people get those "X"'s in their signatures... is it a brush or text)

Anyway, here's another one made a while ago. I don't know how long ago it was, but I like the background, the text, not so much. I suck at texts. xD And the border is extremely thick, ignore it. Lol.

And I don't have anything to rate so... I'll rate your current banner Xenocrates, it's amazing and the text is outstanding. 10+/10.

4thSigcopy.png

Shadez

-
Years
even though i suck at rating things(mostly because it really has to suck if i don't like something ) i will still give it a try

so 9.9/10
everythings is perfect in my eye
only one thing i don't like
the text looks a little plain ive you look at the rest of the banner
but as you already said
I suck at texts
(so do i by the way :P )
so i'll give you that one

now for something else
can't you post avatar's it was allowed in the previous thread if i'm not mistaken

i hope i can with avatars cause i got kind of a question with them
take my current avatar for example. i just cut a piece out of my banner
but now i think it's to boring (not that my banner is brilliant but still)
so is there anything i can do with it

Years
Okay, so I made this sig a while back but I still want it to be rated.
Renjisig.jpg

And this is my sad attempt at making a sig on gimp.
Angel.jpg

Ignore the black please, that is an accident, and I messed up on the saving and I cant change it now.....

Oh yea and in reply to Relyt's Signature:

Good job, your background fits so well with your render it almost doesent need any blending. And in my opinion the text placement couldnt be better. Just to give the sig more efects I would add a clipping mask layer

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
@El capitano - the top one looks a little empty. nice text and a resize, maybe a nice c4d would look good on it. the bottom one looks blurrrry

salamence.gif

just made it a while ago couldnt decide for the render. i should make another banner out of the render becuse i had to render it myself

BreD

Where's ButteR?
Years
Good job on the thread rules, it's gonna help alot ^^

@El Capitano
7/10
I like the Renji sig, alot.
It would be so much better if you extended the (what i'm expecting to be) smudging.
Because it's abit empty.

The second one is good for gimp, but it's kinda basic.

Improvements could be made to both alot, but i guess these are quite old, and i personaly, can't stand going back on sigs i've already made.

EDIT:
Aaaah evilcheese posted whilst i was typing that... >_<

Ok
@Evilcheese
7/10
Like you said, it's a nice render. I don't realy like the text... i think it would be better with no glow, like your current sig.
And a light source nere the focal would be nice imo :)

Last edited:

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
nice job on the rules i like this thread way better now :)

@evilcheese-it looks good,the render blends in really well and you did a nice job of rendering it,but again the text stands out (like mine >.<) but i can tell u used to eyedropper tool to get salamance's colors for an added effect..9/10

@el capitano-the first one looks rather plain it's about 60%just filled with grey, but i like how the render matches with the other half of it. 8/10 and for your second one i'll ignore the back, but it's wayyy too light, it hurts my eyes to look at it! But still the background was nicely made and again the render matches,good job.8.5/10.

@relyt-like i said in my pm...zomg i luv it! I like how you used a color balance to make the render match, the text sticks out like you said but it also looks really good placed where it is, and the green brushes look really good on it to give it an added effect. anyways 9.5/10 the reason you don't get a 10 is because there's a random part of red..that puts me off..

okay i made these last night i'd like to get them rated, i know their not so good tho >.<

Yea,i abuse the XXX too much :D. Sorry if i missed anybody,im just too tired to do them all thx to relyt for helping me rethink m,y style

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Sasuke; OMFG TSUNA! (In Dying Will form!) O_O I must rate this one.

Well, my resolution is kind of squished, so I don't know whether Tsuna looks normal on a regular resolution or not, but he does look a bit squashed up to me. I don't know for sure though, so I'll disregard that. xD

I really like this banner of yours! The reflection behind him is really nice, although it stands out just a tad bit too much. The text is good, but you should've added something to the right of the whole banner for it to be more balanced/even. Maybe a little decoration to match the text deco's on the left. Can't say I really like the stroke on the text either. I'm not fond of stroke. xD;

The texture is alright, though it stands out a tad too much. Background is excellent. ^^

The border doesn't fit very well though, it's too bright at the bottom. You should've tried a gradient border, that would've gone really well.

This is a really good banner, considerable improvement.

Your first banner, of Naruto looks good too, though I can't really get in the mood to rate it. xD; Blending is perfect as is the color scheme/layers and background. The text could use a bit of work, but eh.

You've improved a lot in little time. ^^

(The ones underneath aren't quite as good in my opinion, but I'll leave that for some other time. xD)

----

Kanda2.png

There's no border because this was an alternate version I ended up not using. So please disregard that. xD;

Last edited:
Years
Sasuke; OMFG TSUNA! (In Dying Will form!) O_O I must rate this one.

Well, my resolution is kind of squished, so I don't know whether Tsuna looks normal on a regular resolution or not, but he does look a bit squashed up to me. I don't know for sure though, so I'll disregard that. xD

I really like this banner of yours! The reflection behind him is really nice, although it stands out just a tad bit too much. The text is good, but you should've added something to the right of the whole banner for it to be more balanced/even. Maybe a little decoration to match the text deco's on the left. Can't say I really like the stroke on the text either. I'm not fond of stroke. xD;

The texture is alright, though it stands out a tad too much. Background is excellent. ^^

The border doesn't fit very well though, it's too bright at the bottom. You should've tried a gradient border, that would've gone really well.

This is a really good banner, considerable improvement.

Your first banner, of Naruto looks good too, though I can't really get in the mood to rate it. xD; Blending is perfect as is the color scheme/layers and background. The text could use a bit of work, but eh.

You've improved a lot in little time. ^^

(The ones underneath aren't quite as good in my opinion, but I'll leave that for some other time. xD)

----

Kanda2.png

There's no border because this was an alternate version I ended up not using. So please disregard that. xD;

Can you guess who taught Sasuke_Darkness a tutorial? xD

And I really love that banner Xenocrates, the text is amazing. Is that heart a brush? Either way I give it a 10/10.

Edit: Crap forgot this.

Winry-Banner-Chikara.gif

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Thx but actually it was a gradient border that's why it was a little too light at the bottom. That was a really bit rating O.o

anyways i'll rate yours.

@xeno-wow..10/10, it's simple,text doesn't stand out,and really cute! Seriously i don't think there's much you could do to improve this,except maybe some light scanlines?and the dot effect is good also..

aww,what the hey, i'll rate relyt's too..

@relyt-ok well not much to say about this except that it really matches with his metallic arm. The brushes are also really nice. the text doesn't stand out much but you could have lowered the opacitya bit..the stroke looks good on it also,and the black outer glow. nice job 9/10

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
@xenocrates - like i said in the other thread it looks awsome, especially with the scan lines. i especially love how you put the little icons next to the text.

@relyt- the lightning background is interesting and the animation as well. idk about this one.

@sasuke - i dont want to rate all of them but they do look awsome. the way you used a little text gives it a nice effect.

rate please, used relyts tut with my own touches

mario.gif

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Rate pweese? X3

rukiacrying-banner.gif

catbannerkp8.png

I might be harsh. ><
The first one: 5/10
The animation feels out of place. The right side feels like a completely different part of the signature. I like the left side, but as it goes right, it gets worse.

Second one: 6/10
Yet again, the right side of the signature feels compeltely out of place. It's cute, but it doesn't really flow, and the small text is poorly positioned. It's pretty good though. ;)

I present these 2 for rating.
Dirk123.jpg

Pikachu-1.jpg

Xoo

bam, baby!
Years
Rate pweese? X3

rukiacrying-banner.gif

catbannerkp8.png

The first one is kinda depressing, but it's really good.
~9.5/10
The second one is good, but a bit too pink for me, but that's probably just me. ;P
~9.8/10

I'm thinking about using one of these two in my sig. Could someone tell me which on is better?

lb4.png

lb2.png

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Hazuki; Read the rules, won'tcha please? <_<

Myokai; Well, I like the second one, but the little text that says "7 letters got me this" is unappealing enough that I prefer the first one. The second one without the extra text would be my say.

Anyway- Those scan lines are really really ouch. The brushing (The blue brushing) is cute, as is the render, but the scanlines are way too obvious, and you need to lower the opacity... a lot. :/ The white brushing is over the top though, especially the part that covers the render in the second one. I'd say the first one with white text instead of blue text would be a nice banner. A border would be good for this one too, especially since you added scanlines.

Update; Edited stamps into the graphics allowed to be posted.

Last edited:

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
Years
Xenocrates ;; AHahaaa free card :3. But still i'll rate yer signatureee. 9.9/10 - I really like it a lot the render and textures are super-cool as well. I gave subtracted the .1 because yer so much pwner then me ;; im jealous xD.

Even though I don't like this one ;;
asukaa.png

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Hmm, this banner definitely calls for a re-size Miki-chan. xD A little less on the sides, I'd say. The c4d in the back is alright, and though the blending is a bit hard to notice, it's there. This particular banner is just screaming for a border though, as there's no white on the edges.

There's something about it that sets me off too though. I can't really place it. :< It might just be that I don't like the render itself? I don't know. xD

I liked your Dei-Dei banner a lot better. :D Because that banner was like, omfg-amazling-beyond-amazling.

No waez Miki-chan, jealousy? You have no idea how long it's been since you had that Dei-Dei banner, and you have no idea how much I'm still writhing in jealousy over it. xD That was like, the unsurpassable banner. <3 Thank you though, ISN'T THE STOCK THE COOLEST THING EVER?!?

Just might clear this up guys, but I didn't make the background. *fish'd* The whole banner is just one big stock with me adding a bunch of effects on top.

Anyway, I'd like this banner to be rated please;

Angel-Orb.png

I told myself I'd let it stay only in my showcase, but I like it too much. xD The border is white, FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back