• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ooh... might wanna get a Burn Heal for that!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Oh, I've burned myself loads of times over the years. Nothing serious, mind you. Just things like accidentally touching hot kitchenware, pouring water from a kettle onto my hand instead of in the mug of tea. Things like that. You'd think that one time would be enough to teach me a lesson but nononononono. There probably hasn't been a year of my life where I haven't accidentally burnt myself! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Worse I've burned myself is when hot oil flung out of a pan when I dropped something in it too quickly. Few burn spots on the my right side because I was wearing a sports bra and I think I still have a mark or two (or three?) from the incident.

But other than they just very minor burns from scorching my tongue on something hot or touching something hot like an idiot.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
I've burned myself lots of time. LOL Most of the time, it comes when I'm tryin' to cook something. Sometimes when I'm trying to move a pot full of hot water, some of it splashes on my arms. Or trying to get something outta the oven; toaster oven, since it small, I sometimes bump up against those hot rail thing. Ouch. LOL

But my worst came from a light bulb. I was sitting on my bed writing...stuff, when my lamp feel over and landed on my arm...It even left a little black mark on my arm...But that happen awhile ago.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I wasn't aware of lightbulb physics when I was seven and decided to test it on a bulb that had been lit for twelve hours straight. Little did I know that electricity produced heat and heat hurts just a little bit. I also was unaware that sticking my finger on a bare piece of ice for hours on end was a counter-productive remedy. The burn hurt for a few days after the fact.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I've only ever been burned once in my life... (surprising since I took a pan out of the oven without mitts one time. x) )
It was when I was way younger...
There I was,walking through the kitchen,when my sister turned the corner holding a hot bowl of soup.If you had looked at my shoulder afterwards,you would've seen a great example of mutiple layers of skin on the human body.
Luckly there was no scaring,but it did take over a month to heal. :/

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I have never burned myself in my entire life. Okay, maybe I did, but only in verbal conversations. I have never received a burn. Never. I'm very cautious of fire, or anything else that's frickin' hot. I don't like hot stuff.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Burns from smoking (lighting bowls mainly) are the most common for me, as well as that I have an AGA which I manage to burn myself on regularly.

My nastiest burns have been soldering iron burns though, the worst being when I gouged myself in the palm with one. /wince

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
When I was seven years old, I decided to test whether lightbulbs were hot. Turns out, lightbulbs are hot :P
Unlit lightbulbs wouldn't be hot. (:

I burnt my foot in the fireplace in our living room when I was 3. I don't remember how it felt but I'm sure it wasn't nice. Other than that I don't think I've burnt myself..

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I bake all the time and get burns on my fingers every now and then. One time I got burned on the inseam between my thumb and index finger. I immediately threw out the oven mitt I was using because it had a hole there... ouch. Another time I burned the top of my wrist on the oven since my hand was farther into the oven than I thought. I merely see these as battle scars... things you learn from to fight another day. Only... with baking xD

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
sometimes i burn my fingers when i try to cook...hmm,also once when i was younger i was about 14 my sister was trying to make herself a dinner..there were only me and her in the house i was watching tv while she went to do something else and forgot what she left on the cooker till the fire burnt it all Man!she's very good when it comes to freaking out! i saw fire being out of control i just wanted to put it off with anything so i ran and brought a glass of water and throw it on the pan which made the fire more angry that it reached my eyebrows lol thank god everything was fine after i throw the pan out of the window! :P lol...and people wonder why i have a fire phobia! lol

Back