• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Region

The Best Region ^_^

• Kanto

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters

Sirfetch’d

Hoenn for me. The region is just simply beautiful, and the water it just so lovely.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
My opinions been changing a lot, but right now it's Sinnoh. I'm just realizing how much I like the environments. But Johto had the most memorable towns/cities.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Hoenn is still my favourite. I loved the tropical setting and the music was brilliant. (I don't think they've topped it since, aside from technical improvements of course) Plus the pokemon it introduced are overall my favourites.

Second I would say is Johto, I really enjoyed the region and I've always felt it was quite a folky region compared to the others. Kind of like a "away from civilization" region. It introduced a good set of pokemon too.

Third would be Unova, although I love many of it's towns and music....and I also like many of the new pokemon it introduced. There was something about the layout of the region that felt fake...that was fixed a little with Pokemon Black/White 2 but it's not something I can completely forgive.

Sinnoh would be fourth, It introduced my least favourite selection of pokemon overall to date....but I can't complain about the region itself. It's a nice region but it didn't have the same wow locations as my top three did.

Kanto is last, probably moreso because it feels like the most basic region out of them all. (makes sense since it was the first) I don't dislike it, absolutely not....but it's my least favourite.

Looking at Kalos, as long as the layout of the routes is interesting enough....I think it could challenge Hoenn for the top spot. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far (Locations and pokemon)

Heads or Tails.

Antisocial Mudkip
Years
Gotta say Hoenn. That was the first region I played in, and it really made the experience thousands of times better. The underwater caverns and tropical scenery were amazing.

--H

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I loved kanto better because it was the first one, not to say I dont like the others ones, Well Johto was very slow to start. The first ones always hang with you

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I would have to say hoenn by far. just everything about the R/S/E games was amazing. the beautiful green routes, the long grass. the beach. ect. it can't really be matched. in my opinion. perfect region.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
Personally I found the Sinnoh region to be fantastic. I just found it to be really cool overall, with notable locations. Spear Pillar is an amazing place especially, I found it to be just magical.

Years
Sinnoh is definitely the best for me, even though the games weren't my favourite, the region itself was just superior. I managed to clock 140+ hours on Platinum which suggests there is a lot to do within the region as well.

Kanto and Johto were similarly great, Hoenn was pretty cool and although I like Unova , it was just like a reject version of Sinnoh really (much like the games themselves due to the lack of console progression between the gens).

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Seeing as this is in Gaming Central I'm assuming the best functionally rather than personally? Because if so, oh god I'm glad Unova isn't winning because that's easily the worst and B/W's biggest problem. Insultingly small and ridiculously linear with incredibly boring and bland environments? Not to mention it goes against exploration and is incredibly formulaic? Yeah, easily the worst designed region in a Pokemon game. Also, it's a mess, and makes absolutely no sense. That desert area is there because it is. Not once in Unova have I ever felt "oh, this place is great, maybe I'll stay here and explore before moving on", and it's not only because they're not as engaging and intractable, but it doesn't ALLOW you to due to how linear it is. Also, half the region is filler for post-game.

I'm glad Sinnoh is winning the poll. A huge, immersible region with varied environments and tons of hidden details and secrets? It's also such a joy to explore and dive into. Shame it's stuck in games that are horribly paced. It's the anti-Unova. Second place would either be Hoenn or Kanto because both allow complete freedom and satisfyingly rewards you for exploring. It's kinda hard to choose which.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
Hoenn

- It has Metagross
- Kyogre is my favorite legendary
- Creative town/cities
- Did I mention it had Metagross?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
Sinnoh was really good with with the snow and what not so i'm quite the fan of that however, my heart still lies with Johto and Kanto because they're the first ever games i played. Hoenn was fun though, with Fortree City.

So far though with Unova though, i've very rarely used fly because it's quite a tight area.. if you all get me? It's actually not far between each city.

So in conclusion, i don't have a particular favourite but i have love for them all.

Years
My favourite region is Johto, it's full of awesome places like burned and tin tower in Ecruteak city, Olivine city's lighthouse, whirl island, dragon's den and Mt. Silver.
I really like Hoenn too but it's full of useless water routes, it's not a big deal but Johto doesn't have any flaw like that in my opinion.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I am the Queen of Hoenn! <3 Obviously Hoenn is my favorite. I love the balance of land and sea and how it goes so well with the plot. I love the tropical environment. I love the unique towns and cities like Fortree and Pacifidlog. I love the Pokemon that live there. I love the legends that reside there. I just love Hoenn! :)

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Johto, very peaceful. Had lots of cool Pokemon. Easy to navigate around. My favorite gym leaders (Clair is always a challenge) and of course Lance.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I almost voted for Hoenn, but then I realized Gen. 3 is the most overrated one, so I went back to Johto.

You know, mostly because they kept the same art style from Gen. 1, but filled in the colors and polished the animations. I loved that Gen. so much. @_@

Years
JOHTO!!!The Pokemon are cool, the gym leaders are cool, and the games are awesome! Kanto is really cool too. Most of my favorite Pokemon come from Johto or Kanto!

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Hoenn, though followed closely by Orre. The Orre games are my favorite, but Hoenn as a region itself is more enticing

Back