• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina annouced

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
I'm probably getting them but they are probably getting thrown into a box if they don't have good moves, IVs, EVs, and a nature :(

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I can never get out to GameStop for an event, so anything that's non-Wifi just saddens me. I like the Sinnoh legendaries too. :/

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I can never get out to GameStop for an event, so anything that's non-Wifi just saddens me. I like the Sinnoh legendaries too. :/
Well, people might be willing to trade them over Wi-Fi. You can always check around and see what people are offering.

I'm probably getting them but they are probably getting thrown into a box if they don't have good moves, IVs, EVs, and a nature :(
Their moves are:

Dialga - Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Roar Of Time
Aura Sphere

Palkia - Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor
Spacial Rend
Aura Sphere

Giratina - Dragon Pulse
Dragon Claw
Aura Sphere
Shadow Force

You can soft-reset before picking up the Pokemon from the man in the Center to make sure they have the right nature/IVs that you want. As for EVs, they don't come with any because they haven't been used in battle yet.

I don't *think* the Dialga has its Dream World ability, but I haven't checked yet. Telepathy would be so much better than Pressure, being able to dodge friendly EQs. :D
They all have Pressure.

What's even worse, is that they're giving it away a freaking Level 100. Seriously. Sure, some people RNG for shinies, but there's no denying that getting to Level 100 (without hacking) is supposed to be a challenge. Undebatably, this destroys people's hard work.
No it doesn't. If someone spends their time soft-resetting for a shiny Dialga and raising it up to level 100, then me getting a shiny level 100 Dialga downloaded to my game is not going to make their accomplishment worth less. Theirs might be rarer because they would be one of the few to have it, but anyone with a copy of B2/W2 can get these three shiny legendaries.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Well I got the shiny Dialga today. Wasn't hard. Just went in, went to mystery gift and chose wi-fi connection then I was pretty much done after that. My Dialga's nature is impish -_-...I should've soft reseted after I went to the pokemon center to pick it up but I was in a rush and saved the game right after receiving it.

Oh well. Dialga's just for my collection anyways, and I prefer Palkia so I'll defintely make sure I get the nature I want when I go to get it sometime next week.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
I got two Shiny Diaglas on Saturday, they are so awesome. I can't wait to get a Shiny Palkia because it is my favorite Pokemon ever. I also want the Shiny Giratina a lot because it is going to look so awesome in Origin Form.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I want them badly but I'm afraid I'll have to cheat because I cringe at the thought of a 26-year-old manchild like me going to the mall to get a rare Pokémon surrounded by kids half my age...

Years
I'm also getting them pretty much for collection purposes as well.. though I still do have the Shiny Dialga in my party since it's at Level 100, in which all my Party Pokémon are leveled at 100. Can't wait for the Palkia event to begin, and eventually the Giratina event at the end of the month as well.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I want them badly but I'm afraid I'll have to cheat because I cringe at the thought of a 26-year-old manchild like me going to the mall to get a rare Pokémon surrounded by kids half my age...

Haha, I always feel sheepish going into Gamestop with my DS in hand for the Pokemon as well. I usually go to one by my work at an odd hour, like in the middle of the day during my lunch. I won't see anyone I know, and there's no one in there.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I'm not bothering with this. They don't seem to have something special related to them unlike the beast shinies, and I already have a shiny palkia so don't really see the use.

Back