• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I though Chikorita was better, as it learns Razor Leaf at lvl 8.

Yeah, but it was so hard to battle Bugsy with Chikorita/Bayleef. I wasn't very smart, so I didn't raise another pokémon to beat him with.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
How do you plan on getting a Skarmory in time to beat Bugsy?

I don't think he does, I think it is just in general. I used a Noctowl in a flying monotype, Hypnosis was its only redeeming characteristic (and even then Jumpluff's Sleep Powder was better). There was always something that could do everything else better. And while talking about Jumpluff, I deem the a lifesaver Pokémon in G/S/C.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Noctowl's probably my favourite Crappy-Normal/Flying-early-in-the-game Pokemon. It might be a toss-up between that and Fearow, but there's something about Noctowl that I really like, for some reason.

vaporeon7

Years
I like Pidgeot the best out of all of them. It evolves out of this after all.
Spr_1b_016.png

Cutest eyes ever.

Years
I think Yellow was my first game, when I got to victory road for the first time, I didn't know what to do in the cave and I couldn't move forward.

I ended up restarting the game and I had a level 80 Pikachu :(

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I have the original Pokemon REd, and my friend had Pokemon FireRed. I remember playing the beginning of FireRed on a ROM, and I hated the long and tedious intro. Hence, I preferred REd. I got really attatched to my team. Then, I lost my Red cartridge, and after a month couldn't find it. One day, as I was contemplating buying LeafGreen, because I played on my friend's FireREd after he beat it, 100 percent, I found it. I popped it in, and enjoyed seeing all my teammates again...however, I don't have that same attatchement to them as I did then. Now, instead of living, wonderful creatures, they're just bits of data and coding. They faint, oh well, go to a PokeCenter. I wish I could have that motivation to play and attatchment to my team back...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have the original Pokemon REd, and my friend had Pokemon FireRed. I remember playing the beginning of FireRed on a ROM, and I hated the long and tedious intro. Hence, I preferred REd. I got really attatched to my team. Then, I lost my Red cartridge, and after a month couldn't find it. One day, as I was contemplating buying LeafGreen, because I played on my friend's FireREd after he beat it, 100 percent, I found it. I popped it in, and enjoyed seeing all my teammates again...however, I don't have that same attatchement to them as I did then. Now, instead of living, wonderful creatures, they're just bits of data and coding. They faint, oh well, go to a PokeCenter. I wish I could have that motivation to play and attatchment to my team back...

How do you 100% Pokemon...?

But yeah I hated FR when I played it (long, long after it came out) because I play in short spurts and the "your last journey" stuff just made me want to pull my hair out. :(

vaporeon7

Years

How do you 100% Pokemon...?

But yeah I hated FR when I played it (long, long after it came out) because I play in short spurts and the "your last journey" stuff just made me want to pull my hair out. :(

I really wish you could turn of that last journey stuff, it was so pointless. Am I really that stupid that I can't remember that I went to Cerulean City and healed my Pokémon?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I actually thought it was a pretty cool feature! It did get annoying after a while, but I think the idea was solid.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm a terrible person and I've never beaten any of the Kanto Elite Four. Not in RBY, and not in FRLG either. :( It probably didn't help that my first two Pokemon games were Gold and Silver.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I actually thought it was a pretty cool feature! It did get annoying after a while, but I think the idea was solid.

I loved it; good to know I'm not the only one. xD When I saw a friend of mine had the game before I did, and he let me watch him play for a bit, I saw that and was all "WOAH THAT IS SOOOO COOOOL" xD

Back