• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

--/The Ace Attorney Fan Club!\--

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Hey, haven't been here in a while. I used to be digital6m. Is it true that you can play as Edgeworth in GS3? Because i've been hearing rumours.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
The second case was really good, I agree. I like how a bunch of mini crimes in the beginning turned out to be all part of one big thing somehow. The killing from the cart was ingenious too, what with being shot in the right temple and all.

But I think I liked the third case best. I don't know why, really, but it really surprised me. First, Lamiroir can speak English, then she's blind, while Machi's not. I didn't really know who the killer was until after Daryan took Machi away at the Detention Center.

The fourth case... I agree it didn't really live up to the standards of the other final cases. Now that I think about it, it really does seem that everything's dropped in your lap. But the ending was nice though. Any info on the next game?

Ema was weird, I thought. She's so much different than in the first game. Aside from her obsession for science, she seems like a different person.

There are a few things I wondered about... How did Lamiroir end up in Borginia? And why was Apollo working at Kristoph's place at 15? Did Kristoph adopt him? And I forgot: who was Thalassa's first husband (I think they mentioned something about him--maybe a job or something)?

ShadowUmbreon, if you really want to know, click the spoiler tag.
Spoiler:

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
Years
I think they mentioned Thalassa's first husband was a magician... not sure though. I loved the Kitaki case (Wockyyyy <333), but my fave was 4-4.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Some VERY exciting news from Wiki:

A project codenamed New Gyakuten Not Saiban (NEW逆転 NOT裁判, New Gyakuten Not Saiban? "NEW Turnabout, NOT Trial") was announced by Capcom in February 2008. In the April 2008 issue of Famitsu, it was revealed to be Gyakuten Kenji (逆転検事, Gyakuten Kenji? Turnabout Prosecutor), a spinoff Nintendo DS game starring prosecutor Miles Edgeworth and detective Dick Gumshoe. The investigation portions are presented using a third-person camera view. The game takes place before and after the events of Gyakuten Saiban 3. The release date is yet to be determined, but development is 40% completed as of April 2008.[3]

Gyakuten Saiban 5, the next installment in the Ace Attorney series, was announced by Capcom's president on May 22, 2007 with no further detail.[4] It is not known whether Gyakuten Kenji and Gyakuten Saiban 5 are being developed simultaneously.

Daletto and Capcom have partnered to bring the three GameBoy Advance games to Microsoft Windows as episodic content in Japan; the first game, for example, is broken into 17 episodes and only includes the original four chapters from the first game. The games will be released between March and May 2008. At the present time, Capcom has not announced plans to bring these to other regions.[5]

Very exciting, not only has another Ace Attorney/GS title been announced, but also apparently a game starring Edgeworth taking place supposedly before AND after the third installment. Very interesting. Of course there is the possibility of a bad translation and it only taking place either before or after (personally I lean more towards after), but it seems that it is clear that this other game to be presumably released close to GS5 will star Edgeworth and Gumshoe. It's Wiki I know, but generally the material on Wiki is about as reliable as any.

Thoughts?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Yes!!! Playing from the prosecution side would be really cool! And a fifth game as well? Wow, so much to take in at once! ^-^ I can't wait for these! And what does that say in the last paragraph? Episodes? Is this a PC version of the game?

Last edited:

wolfie1177

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Yes!!! Playing from the prosecution side would be really cool! And a fifth game as well? Wow, so much to take in at once! ^-^ I can't wait for these! And what does that say in the last paragraph? Episodes?

I think the last paragraph is just saying that they're going to make the first 3 Wright games into PC games, and break them up into smaller episodes or something. I actually hadn't even read that part lol.

I really hope this "GK" series helps us get a better grip on Phoenix between T&T and the forged evidence case though, I really need to know what happened with the Maya/Iris situation. It kinda bugs me that they never even brought it up in this past game.

Also, I'm hoping that they include trials in the GK game, because I heard on a Gamepot forum that theres a chance that there may not be trials, just investigations. That would irk me bad.

Also, GIVE US A SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE WITH JAPAN AND THE US! FFS they always get the games like a good year before us, but now we're caught up so they shouldn't have any excuses to keep it away from us longer.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Oh, okay, that's what I thought, since it said that the "games" would be released in whatever month 2008. Saying "episode" confused me a bit there. :P

Yeah, nothing was said about Iris and Maya and everything in between that last case and the fatal case. I'm dying to know!

And what!?! No trials?! I hope not. But it does make a little sense that there wouldn't be trials: the group working on this has "NOT Trial" in its name. But they better have trials in this!

wolfie1177

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Yeah most definitely. I think it would be an interesting dynamic to be able to call the witnesses in the order you think they should be in and choose your own line of questioning to follow.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Have you seen the screenshots? It's so different! But it's cool that you actually get to walk around as Edgeworth--you actually control him moving around and stuff.

Tamaki

Years
I'm pretty sure there's a little bit of courtroom gameplay.. it's just not as big as the older games.

And as for Maya, I thought it was pretty obvious what happened...

Spoiler:

wolfie1177

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
=0 I thought you had died or something.

Yeah, I'm sure that's how it went down, but what about Pearl? And Iris is itneresting too, because we were left under the impression that she and Phoenix were in lub, and then nothing. So there's still a few questions I hope are answered in the next 2 releases.

Oh and a kind of summarizing pic of the viewpoint of the new gameplay:

080421nintendodream02.jpg

And a few similar pics:

http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com...VvLOB5FHLPIZ1Qb6WXM/080421nintendodream03.jpg
http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com...vwnRj4XBa2SXvWInWeM/080421nintendodream04.jpg
http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com...i_DKUErldp0dXK0KUMw/080421nintendodream05.jpg
http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com...UtZJWkQR-zYoieLZ3eI/080421nintendodream06.jpg
http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com...dt-_hIUn7B6nTH0jjM4/080421nintendodream07.jpg
http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com...pC-W5vONS85uEqv3gJA/080421nintendodream08.jpg

Last edited:

Tamaki

Years
Still alive ;3

I wonder about Iris and Pearl too :/ They should have incorporated the main PW characters into the game at least a tiny bit more.

EDGEYYYY! <33
My expert speculation says that the Edgey game will most likely come out in early 2009, and will come out before GS5.

However, my expert speculation is actually just an educated guess, so don't take me too seriously.

Tamaki

Years
Nope, not even a little reference ;;

Phoenix really took the spotlight for a lot of the game, even though it was Apollo's debut :/ I did find it funny, though, the way other fans responded to this. At first they were pissed that Capcom got rid of Phoenix, then when they actually played the game they were pissed that Phoenix was a main character XD

Anyways, since Edgey's new game is coming out, I think he might at least make a brief cameo in GS5 <333

wolfie1177

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Yeah, I hope he does. I'm curious about who the next prosecutor might be too, since they seem to change every AA game. Maybe Edgeworth has an apprentice that comes in and takes on Apollo?

Tamaki

Years
Or maybe it's... Edgey himself? I'd love to see Apollo versus Edgey. The only problem would be the new yaoi fan pairing > . < Edgey + Apollo = not win.

Tamaki

Years
Aw, Franzy was awesome :3 I'd also like to see Lana, Maya and Pearl. But mostly EDGEY :3

wolfie1177

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
If they do bring Edgeworth back, I hope they don't make the game as all about him as they made it with Phoenix in the first AJ game. In retrospect like half of that game was just based around how Phoenix got stripped of his badge.

Back