• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG + OCG Fan Club

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Alex told me to tell anyone who's unaware that there's a fabulous YGO tournament going on in the get together which anyone who hasn't joined yet should take a look at ^_^ Don't ask me why Alex couldn't post it himself, I think he hates clubs or something.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I'll sign up.
Username: Elgyem
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Psychics
Favourite card: Hard to choose, but I'd have to say Brionac.
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? Not at the moment.
If so, what is it?

---

I'm not much of a meta player, preferring to run decks that I like. Probably my favorite deck would be the banish variant of Psychics, which is what I'm currently running. I'm actually doing alright with it at locals, even so far as getting into the top 8 with it. The deck is one of the few that can hold it's own against Prophecy (It can easily spit out an early-game or even first-turn Naturia Beast).

As for Xyz monsters, I quite dislike them. I only run 1 in my Extra Deck, that 1 being Zenmaines, which I rarely use.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Constellar deck for those interested: http://i.imgur.com/sllYnpg.png

For those too lazy to click the link:

Monsters:
-3x Constellar Algiedi
-3x Constellar Pollux
-3x Constellar Kaus
-3x Constellar Sombre
-Constellar Leonis
-2x Constellar Rasalhague
-2x Constellar Siat
-2x Constellar Sheratan
-Honest
-Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear
-2x Effect Veiler

Spells:
-3x Fire Formation - Tenki
-2x Forbidden Lance
-2x Mystical Space Typhoon
-Heavy Storm
-Monster Reborn
-Dark Hole
-2x Constellar Star Cradle

Traps:
-Solemn Judgment
-Solemn Warning
-2x Bottomless Trap Hole
-Mirror Force
-Dimensional Prison
-Safe Zone
-2x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra:
-Constellar Hyades
-2x Constellar Plieades
-Constellar Praesepe
-Constellar Omega
-Constellar Ptolemy M7
-Number 39: Utopia
-Evilswarm Ouroboros
-Number 16: Shock Master
-Wind-Up Zenmaines
-Leviair the Sea Dragon
-Photon Papilloperative
-Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
-Number 61: Volcasaurus
-Starliege Paladynamo

Notes: I'm aware that my deck is 5 over the minimum. What should I take out? Also, should I use Photon Thrasher/Slasher?

Edit: updated the deck after some more testing. Still waiting on some feedback, though.

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Critique of above Constellar deck:

Hawwa has little purpose beyond trying to fetch maybe a Sombre. Pollux doesn't get its effect off, trying to get Kaust is a waste of time (not strictly r5 build, and thus doesn't reliably get out another level 5), and it's not like you get an activation off of Sheratan anyways. Plus, you don't get to do instant beats with the monster you summon, which removes quite a bit of the damage push potential (make Omega, attack with everything because you don't care about S/T).

Leonis is kind of weak if you're not running the level 3 Gredi. The single-use case of summoning Sheratan and making Hyades is really not that great.

On the case of Hyades ... it's not that good either but at least you can make instant Ptolemys (regardless of whether you get the effect), which is alright.

Ptolemys should probably go to 2-of. It's a very good card.

I would actually say Tiras is weaker than Zenmaioh, because Tiras can't blow stuff up instantly and may be a liability in the face of combat stoppers (i.e. D.Prison or Marshmallon / Reaper, because then you can't push for as much damage or even risk losing your guy).

Papilloperative is pretty weak. Either run Maestroke or another copy of Omega. In fact you could probably either cut Zenmaines or Leviair for Omega (I'd recommend Zenmaines, you rarely make level 3 with the suggested changes anyways), because 2nd Omega is just as important as 2nd Pleiades.

Although Star Cradle sounds good (and is not that bad), you often do not need the extra power afforded by it and you are unable to push for damage on the turn you play it... a lot of Constellar is trying to push for damage / tempo with Pleiades and Omega. Think on it! You could play a Pot of Avarice here instead.

Traps are probably fine ... though there is nothing you need to Safe Zone, so maybe try Xyz Reborn as a 1-of (Reborn -> Pleiades, bounce something at SS2, overlay for Ptolemys in your next main phase). Also I would run 2 Torrential over the Mirror Force / Dimensional Prison lineup ... since you can just Omega in resp to Torrential and make your opponent lose their field.

Re: Photon Slasher or Photon Thrasher (one is level 5, the other level 4 - I assume you're talking about 2 cards here) - they're worse than Cyber Dragon and Ghost Ship. Yeah, don't bother. At least you can do cool stuff with Cydra and Ghost Ship (like beating stuff in the face) - you can't with Thrasher and Slasher. They're pretty weak unless you're a deck that actually cares about protecting a single beater (and the Warrior typing of Thrasher) - for example, HERO beat back in the day. I run a single copy of Thrasher in Blackwings, as replacement for the third TK Raioh that was lost from the banlist a while ago, so there you go.

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC:

Very interesting reveals from Shadow Specters' full set spoiler. Labradorite Dragon is a new level 6 Normal (!!) Dragon-Type Tuner. This is actually important, because with some clever manipulation we can in fact make Starform Dragon in Hieratics, which is at least something to think about. Plus there's nothing to be actually lost by playing it, since aside from the loss of a Tempest target (Luster Dragon #2) there's no reason not to play this guy. (The necessary level 5 could be either Eset / Nebthet or Curse of Dragon / Parrot Dragon, the latter is a Tempest target without any loss of offensive stats - not that we care about those but still.) Chauchow-chan is another hand trap (but probably not that useful ... unless maybe you are Bujin? but even so). Genomics Fighter is interesting, I guess, because you can make a bunch of Type-specific Synchro monsters with it (I'll look up some good use cases for it later). Risebell the Star Awakener (second incarnation of Risebell?) is pretty alright - instantaneous rank 5! Plus, mess up your opponent's Xyz Summon (or Synchro Summon I guess). Breath of the Divine Serpent is hilarious, but I can't think of any immediate usage for it (except once again, in Hieratics ... damn); it is a very utilitarian card, however, and I foresee great things coming from it.

(Other good cards are Drewes the Unseen Druid, Pot of Duplicity, Pomp and Circumstance, Mistake, and Grisaille Gaol, among others... but those have been previously spoiled, and this post focuses on previously unspoiled stuff, so.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Critique of above Constellar deck:

Hawwa has little purpose beyond trying to fetch maybe a Sombre. Pollux doesn't get its effect off, trying to get Kaust is a waste of time (not strictly r5 build, and thus doesn't reliably get out another level 5), and it's not like you get an activation off of Sheratan anyways. Plus, you don't get to do instant beats with the monster you summon, which removes quite a bit of the damage push potential (make Omega, attack with everything because you don't care about S/T).

Leonis is kind of weak if you're not running the level 3 Gredi. The single-use case of summoning Sheratan and making Hyades is really not that great.

On the case of Hyades ... it's not that good either but at least you can make instant Ptolemys (regardless of whether you get the effect), which is alright.

Ptolemys should probably go to 2-of. It's a very good card.

I would actually say Tiras is weaker than Zenmaioh, because Tiras can't blow stuff up instantly and may be a liability in the face of combat stoppers (i.e. D.Prison or Marshmallon / Reaper, because then you can't push for as much damage or even risk losing your guy).

Papilloperative is pretty weak. Either run Maestroke or another copy of Omega. In fact you could probably either cut Zenmaines or Leviair for Omega (I'd recommend Zenmaines, you rarely make level 3 with the suggested changes anyways), because 2nd Omega is just as important as 2nd Pleiades.

Although Star Cradle sounds good (and is not that bad), you often do not need the extra power afforded by it and you are unable to push for damage on the turn you play it... a lot of Constellar is trying to push for damage / tempo with Pleiades and Omega. Think on it! You could play a Pot of Avarice here instead.

Traps are probably fine ... though there is nothing you need to Safe Zone, so maybe try Xyz Reborn as a 1-of (Reborn -> Pleiades, bounce something at SS2, overlay for Ptolemys in your next main phase). Also I would run 2 Torrential over the Mirror Force / Dimensional Prison lineup ... since you can just Omega in resp to Torrential and make your opponent lose their field.

Re: Photon Slasher or Photon Thrasher (one is level 5, the other level 4 - I assume you're talking about 2 cards here) - they're worse than Cyber Dragon and Ghost Ship. Yeah, don't bother. At least you can do cool stuff with Cydra and Ghost Ship (like beating stuff in the face) - you can't with Thrasher and Slasher. They're pretty weak unless you're a deck that actually cares about protecting a single beater (and the Warrior typing of Thrasher) - for example, HERO beat back in the day. I run a single copy of Thrasher in Blackwings, as replacement for the third TK Raioh that was lost from the banlist a while ago, so there you go.

Very interesting reveals from Shadow Specters' full set spoiler. Labradorite Dragon is a new level 6 Normal (!!) Dragon-Type Tuner. This is actually important, because with some clever manipulation we can in fact make Starform Dragon in Hieratics, which is at least something to think about. Plus there's nothing to be actually lost by playing it, since aside from the loss of a Tempest target (Luster Dragon #2) there's no reason not to play this guy. (The necessary level 5 could be either Eset / Nebthet or Curse of Dragon / Parrot Dragon, the latter is a Tempest target without any loss of offensive stats - not that we care about those but still.) Chauchow-chan is another hand trap (but probably not that useful ... unless maybe you are Bujin? but even so). Genomics Fighter is interesting, I guess, because you can make a bunch of Type-specific Synchro monsters with it (I'll look up some good use cases for it later). Risebell the Star Awakener (second incarnation of Risebell?) is pretty alright - instantaneous rank 5! Plus, mess up your opponent's Xyz Summon (or Synchro Summon I guess). Breath of the Divine Serpent is hilarious, but I can't think of any immediate usage for it (except once again, in Hieratics ... damn); it is a very utilitarian card, however, and I foresee great things coming from it.

(Other good cards are Drewes the Unseen Druid, Pot of Duplicity, Pomp and Circumstance, Mistake, and Grisaille Gaol, among others... but those have been previously spoiled, and this post focuses on previously unspoiled stuff, so.)
Thanks; I made whatever changes I wanted to make, but I'd personally like to keep D-Prison and Mirror Force.

Cirrus

Years
If you decide to run a heavier Trap lineup, you can cut your MSTs. They're not particularly relevant this format.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Speaking of the new set, how amazing are these:

Spoiler:
These will by no means be competitive cards or probably even decent cards, but they're so cute eep. I definitely intend to collect them and build a deck around them for a bit of fun, but we'll see how well it actually pays off haha. Thoughts on them?

Cirrus

Years
The Xyz and the searcher guy are both decent; Xyz is usable if you can make it, and searcher can fetch Ryko or Sea Koala or whatever else you want (like Nimble Momonga).

Pretty ok.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I was planning to use them in my Nimble deck, yes! I'm basically just trying to accumulate a whole deck full of cute critters and woodland animals. So far it's going quite well, but I had to throw in a fair few bigger beasties to make them usable. That being said though, they are a great casual deck haha.

Years

Very interesting reveals from Shadow Specters' full set spoiler. Labradorite Dragon is a new level 6 Normal (!!) Dragon-Type Tuner. This is actually important, because with some clever manipulation we can in fact make Starform Dragon in Hieratics, which is at least something to think about. Plus there's nothing to be actually lost by playing it, since aside from the loss of a Tempest target (Luster Dragon #2) there's no reason not to play this guy. (The necessary level 5 could be either Eset / Nebthet or Curse of Dragon / Parrot Dragon, the latter is a Tempest target without any loss of offensive stats - not that we care about those but still.)

This and Stoic Challenge is one reason I have picked up Hieratics again. I love the deck and have since they came out, but not played them for over a year, but now I am getting back into them; OTK heaven.

Also, sorry, only just had a chance to update the OP... done now.​

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Alrighty, I figures some harsh critic would do me good. Keep in mind this deck was made out of 3 structure decks, a few cards I had lying around, as well as the odd proxy or two. I'm not trying to play competitively, just to be able to actually win against a few times.

Monsters:
-Poseidra, The Atlantean Dragon
-x3 Deep Sea Diva
-x3 Atlantean Dragoons
-x3 Atlantean Marksman
-x3 Atlantean HEavy Infantry
-x2 Atlantean Attack Squad
-Lost Blue Breaker

Spells:
-x3 Salvage
-x2 Call of the Atlanteans
-Dark Hole*
-Heavy Storm*
-Monster Reborn*
-Swords of Revealing Light
-Moray of Greed
-Surface
-Pot of Avarice (proxy)*
-MST (proxy)*

Traps:
-x2 Torrential Tribute
-x2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
-Raigeki Break* (or maybe Gravity Bind?)
-x2 Poseidon Wave
-Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord
-Call of the Haunted*
-x2 Bottomless Trap Hole (proxies)

Extra (xyz are real, syncros are proxies, poop):
-Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
-Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
-Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
-Armory Arm
-Stardust Dragon
-Black Rose Dragon
-Scrap Dragon

(Note: anything without a *, I have 3 copies of, just an fyi)

So yeah. I was thinking of possibly replacing my prx MST with another Lost Blue Breaker, since they're effects are similar, but LBB needs another Sea Serpent on the field to destroy a spell or trap. I have a few other cards that I can swap for (Sakuretsu Armor, Ice Master, Magic Drain, Magic Jammer are a few off the top of my head) along with anything from the Realm of the Sea Emperor Structure Deck. I was also considering throwing in a Solidarity prx, cept I don't like using proxies. :c

I was also thinking of scrapping the extra deck and using Legendary Ocean. Dunno bout that though.

Anyway, critic, please. And thanks. =D

Cirrus

Years
@Bloodex: Okay, look, guy. What's your goal for the deck? What cards am I allowed to add or cut? I have a totally sweet 40 WATER monster deck but it has 3 Tidal 3 Stream so you might not like (what, $40 for the entire combo deal? plus 2 Moulinglacia and 1 Abyssmegalo I think), but the other cards are pretty cheap. If you don't wanna buy cards, it's very hard to -edit- edit your deck, y'know? Though, if you just want to win against scrubs your current cards are probably enough. Maybe add a Tridon or 2 and call it a day.

OH YEAH actually because you probably haven't read this post yet, you need Synchros for Diva to make. Probably something in the order of 1 Gishilnodon, 1 Catastor, 1 Armades (maybe with less Gishilnodon and more Hyper Librarian).

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
How have I not found this group before? I used to absolutely love Yu-Gi-Oh back in my primary school. I remember the days me and my mates just stayed in during recess playing Yu-Gi-Oh. I continued to play for a few years into my high school, but lost interest after a while. After heading to college and talking to some other guys and finding out they had an interest in it, I myself quickly regained my interest in it and here I am now! :)

Username: WooliestSteam1.
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck:
Jaden Yuki's Elemental Hero Deck.
Favourite card: Elemental Hero Flame Wingman.
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? No Youtube channel.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I've tried out Bujins and they're very fun to play with: http://i.imgur.com/wGxIJoc.png

Again, for those of you too lazy to click the link:
-3x Bujin Yamato
-2x Bujin Mikazuchi
-3x Bujingi Crane
-3x Bujingi Turtle
-2x Bujingi Quilin
-2x Bujingi Centipede
-2x Effect Veiler
-Honest
-Brotherood of the Fire Fist - Bear

Spells:
-3x Fire Formation - Tenki
-2x Bujincarnation
-2x Forbidden Lance
-2x Pot of Duality
-2x Mystical Space Typhoon
-Heavy Storm
-Dark Hole
-Monster Reborn

Traps:
-2x Bujin Regalia - The Sword
-Mirror Force
-Dimensional Prison
-2x Bottomless Trap Hole
-Solemn Judgment
-Solemn Warning

Extra:
-2x Bujintei Susanowo
-Bujintei Kagutsuchi
-Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King
-Diamond Dire Wolf
-Starleige Paladynamo
-Constellar Omega
-Constellar Ptolemy M7
-Number 85: Crazy Box
-Sylphine the Sub-Zero Siren
-Gagaga Cowboy
-Number 50: Blackship of Corn

Side:
-Bujingi Ibis
-2x Thunder King Rai-Oh
-Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Gorilla
-2x Vanity's Emptiness
-2x Horn of the Phantom Beast
-2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
-Eradicator Epidemic Virus
-Deck Devestation Virus
-Fire Formation - Tensu
-Kaiser Coliseum
-Book of Moon

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
@Bloodex: Okay, look, guy. What's your goal for the deck? What cards am I allowed to add or cut? I have a totally sweet 40 WATER monster deck but it has 3 Tidal 3 Stream so you might not like (what, $40 for the entire combo deal? plus 2 Moulinglacia and 1 Abyssmegalo I think), but the other cards are pretty cheap. If you don't wanna buy cards, it's very hard to -edit- edit your deck, y'know? Though, if you just want to win against scrubs your current cards are probably enough. Maybe add a Tridon or 2 and call it a day.

OH YEAH actually because you probably haven't read this post yet, you need Synchros for Diva to make. Probably something in the order of 1 Gishilnodon, 1 Catastor, 1 Armades (maybe with less Gishilnodon and more Hyper Librarian).

I agree with this, but I'd add that you should wait for Catastor, it's getting reprinted in the next tins so the price will go down. A copy of Abyssmegalo will cost a bit, but it's been reprinted, so it'll probably be $10 at most, unless the price has went up.

I personally don't really like Moulinglacia, the deck doesn't have that much graveyard control and it can be a complete dead draw. (Plus, it costs a fortune...)

As for Tidal and Stream, I don't think Stream is necessary. While it can help, Tidal is more helpful, if you're willing to spend the money for it. Heck, even 2 Tidal would help.

Anyway, if anyone wants to duel me, my Dueling Network account is Atompunk.

Dark Sonic

Chaos Control!
Years
Username: ashketchum24
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: yami yugi
Favourite card: Dark magician
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel?: no haha

Cirrus

Years
So I'm here to post a bit about two separate things today. One is Noble Knights! With the release of Drystan, the Medraut combo is finally actually decently reliable; you can NS Medraut, equip, activate, summon Drystan, blow something up, then go into King Artorigus without losing any advantage (instead of, you know, doing something weird with Gwalchavad or just summoning another random dude without accumulating advantage). The only sad thing about this combo is that you can't actually send Drystan for Laundsallyn, which means no free 1-card rank 5 Xyzs =(

OH WELL PARADIOS IS STILL REALLY GOOD whatever. Also, Artorigus is fantastic against any backrow! So much so that I cut Release Restraint Wave, actually.

Debating whether to use Gemini Spark and Knight Dei Grepher in the build. It's a possibility but I think it might take up too much space, so. (Plus then we get into problems with do I run Supervise and or Evocator? I mean seriously, I might as well go back to Gemini.dek...)

Monsters - 16
3 Noble Knight Medraut
3 Noble Knight Drystan
3 Noble Knight Gwalchavad
2 Noble Knight Gawayn
1 Ignoble Knight of Black Laundsallyn
1 Elemental Hero Stratos
2 Elemental Hero Neos Alius
1 Honest

Spells - 16
2 Noble Arms - Arfeudutyr
2 Noble Arms - Gallatin
2 Noble Arms - Caliburn
2 Noble Arms of Destiny
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army
2 Miracle Fusion
1 E - Emergency Call
1 Hidden Armory

Traps - 8
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Solemn Warning

Extra Deck - 15
2 Elemental HERO The Shining
1 Elemental HERO Great TORNADO
1 Number 61: Volcasaurus
2 Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights
2 Heroic Champion - Excalibur
1 Blade Armor Ninja
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Starliege Paladynamo
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Comics Hero King Arthur

There are banlist predictions too - but I'll post about those later, as I'm out of time currently.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yes, E-heroes and E-Dragons are definitely nerfed in this format. But I love it. Controls decks are finally back since you don't have much to fear for your backrow compared to the last format. Also with 3 Mirror Force and Solemn Banned, people would be more hesitant to attack you bljndy now. Although, them banning Card Destruction hit my Empty Jar deck pretty bad, lol. I usually use that for the winning card. But I think my Burn deck is making a comeback with this lovely format.

Back