• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG + OCG Fan Club

Bobina30

•Grαphικs Pαrαdιsε•
Years
Username: Bobina30
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Starter Deck Yugi
Favourite card: Dark Magician
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel?: No

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
You seem to have 2 banlists confused with each other, re: LilJz.

TCG Banlist is as posted by PlatinumDude. Favors an aggressive format where there are two possibilities: one, playing heavy backrow hate to defeat the singleton staple Traps that people will run (and obviously other random useful defensive not-so-staple Traps like DPrison and Fiendish Chain), and two, playing no backrow to capitalize on the fact that people play heavy backrow hate. I am ambivalent about the effect of the format, but will likely be playing Agent Angel or Hieratics.

OCG Banlist:
Banned
Burner, Stream, Lightning, Reactan
Spellbook Judgment Day

Limited
Genex Ally Birdman
Wind-Up Shark
Mermail - Abyssteus
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Rooster
Number 11: Big Eye
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Super Rejuvenation
Divine Wind of Mist Valley
Abyss-Sphere

Semi-Limited
Chaos Sorcerer
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Fire Formation - Tenki
Black Whirlwind

Unlimited:
Wind-Up Magician
Tsukuyomi
E - Emergency Call
Advanced Ritual Art
Pot of Duality
Scapegoat
Reasoning
Mirror Force

This list is extremely interesting because it increases the power in the format. I mean, obviously it nerfed Dragon Ruler and Prophecy, but defensive Trap power goes up with the unlimiting of Mirror Force. Magician Shark got switched around to make combos harder I guess, which is fine. R7 Mermail got nerfed, but Diva is still at 3 and Trishula is now available to make, so no big deal. 3-axis got a slight nerf with Rooster to 1, though Tenki to 2 probably hurts a lot more. Big Eye limit is inevitable, due to it being much more broke than Dracossack. Divine Wind OTK got killed off immediately as it became discovered... oh well, whatever.

Chaos Sorcerer and Gorz both to 2 greatly increases the amount of respect that needs to be had for chaos monsters as well as the time to OTK; I mean after all Gorz is a 2700 body guy, and the token he makes ranges anywhere from being decent to extremely big. I like these changes, and didn't like the fact that Chaos Sorc went to 1 anyway. 2 is the number that most people will run even if it goes to 3, so it is fine. Mole to 2 is semi-irrelevant (Rock STUN is a thing of the past, really ... it might work? But I doubt it), but Whirlwind and Bestiari to 2 should give both of the decks a decent and welcome boost. A lot of the dominance of GB came in the form of Cold Wave and Book of Moon, so it's somewhat iffy if they will be able to perform as well as they did, but Black Feather should do a lot better in the TCG because of their ability to use the extremely brutal Icarus Attack play (after a Shura swing preferably) as well as Delta Crow - Anti Reverse. Plus, Whirlwind to 3 in the TCG! That's crazy.

Tsukuyomi to 3 is like whatever, doesn't matter much. E-Call to 3 - like I said, HERO. ARA helps Perfect Herald (and the random Demise deck I guess but...), but I honestly hate the deck so IDK (although, I might not run 3 ARA even so given the reliability of Preparations for the Ritual and Manju). Duality helps consistency for some decks (once more, notably, HERO...) and is fine to see go back to 3. Scapegoat and Reasoning have the potential to become extremely troll cards (I know I've been trolled by them in the few days I've played on YGOPro with the new banlist ... lol), and we'll see what people do with them to 3 in the near future.

Necroface Chaos is actually a lot better this OCG format... 2 Gorz helps a lot, since level 8 Synchro access is much more reliable, and 2 Chaos Sorcerer means more frequent Arcanite.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
It took me a while to get used to both banlists, and I'm not certain which is my favourite but both have merit. While the OCG banlist is somewhat traditional, playing it mostly safe, it is in my opinion a perfectly solid list. Most questionable thing there is the way they handled the Blaze Fenix OTK - they both overhit it and chose the wrong cards to overhit. Blaze Fenix to 2 = OTK dead. Otherwise, no complaints from me.

The TCG list however, is far more ambitious. It's as if they're trying to calm the players who complain about power creep so fiercely. The more ambitious the list, the more failings. Positive points for the TCG are:

- Agents are free!
- Blackwing have had their return sped up!
- Divine Wind is safe!
- 3-axis Fire Fist are dead!
- Random overpowered crap like Gateway of the Six was hit!

Negatives:

- They hit the wrong 3-axis card
- The reversed Mermail hits force the deck to play in a far more linear manner
- Gladiator Beast Bestiari is fine to go to 2 in the OCG but is annoyingly at 1 here
- Shock Master banned from unlimited for no apparent reason (?)

I feel as if both the OCG and TCG lists are going to move around a lot, though - possibly they'll get closer in terms of their ideology until they're again the same before Worlds. A lot of the "let's hit it differently" moves like the Mermail and Fire Fist swap, as well as the lack of Divine Wind on the TCG list, seem to be based around Konami wanting to test to see which hit is ideal for the respective decks. But I must say I'm finding it somewhat baffling that Konami of Japan thinks Shock Master is fine at 3, while the TCG thinks 1 is too many.

As primarily a Mermail and Harpie player, I'm conflicted. Obviously Harpies are better off with the TCG list, so that's fine, but while Mermails are perfectly viable under both lists, I preferred the OCG moves. Diva and Dragoons are two of the reasons the deck is so fun: their searching gives you so many options. In contrast Abyss-sphere and Abyssteus are focused entirely on getting out your level 7s, which is far less interesting. The deck is forced to just try and overpower you with Megalo before the lack of hand management hurts it now, especially with Pot of Avarice banned.

Cirrus

Years
Drakow, that's the OCG banlist. Gorz and Whirlwind are both at 2 there : p

I predict Inzektors and Hieratics having some sort of presence this TCG format. I wonder if it is possible for Sabers to make a return, considering the existence of Saber Hole and Gatmuz's Emergency Call; Sabers will possess decent recursion, defense, and backrow destruction, and they do have access to Beast and Barkion as well as the new Synchros, so we'll have to see. Blackwings are in a similar boat, with triple Whirlwind, Icarus Attack, and Delta Crow - Anti Reverse; since Starlight Road will see less play due to the banning of Heavy Storm and limiting of Torrential, we might see some big plays o'clock from these guys as well.

Shock Master is a broken OP card! OCG toned the power up, and TCG toned the power down, so it's completely reasonable to ban Shock Master in the TCG. I think Dragoons and Diva are the correct hits in Mermail, actually; free searches 24/7 is super annoying, as is the power to constantly put tons of damage onto the board for no apparent reason. Mermail needed to lose consistency, and with Diva and Dragoons hit, it will do exactly that.

I think Divine Wind is a dumb card and should be removed. It wasn't even the Blaze Fenix OTK that was the problem... the very existence of Harpie Dancer makes Divine Wind a problematic card : s

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It took me a while to get used to both banlists, and I'm not certain which is my favourite but both have merit. While the OCG banlist is somewhat traditional, playing it mostly safe, it is in my opinion a perfectly solid list. Most questionable thing there is the way they handled the Blaze Fenix OTK - they both overhit it and chose the wrong cards to overhit. Blaze Fenix to 2 = OTK dead. Otherwise, no complaints from me.

The TCG list however, is far more ambitious. It's as if they're trying to calm the players who complain about power creep so fiercely. The more ambitious the list, the more failings. Positive points for the TCG are:

- Agents are free!
- Blackwing have had their return sped up!
- Divine Wind is safe!
- 3-axis Fire Fist are dead!
- Random overpowered crap like Gateway of the Six was hit!

Negatives:

- They hit the wrong 3-axis card
- The reversed Mermail hits force the deck to play in a far more linear manner
- Gladiator Beast Bestiari is fine to go to 2 in the OCG but is annoyingly at 1 here
- Shock Master banned from unlimited for no apparent reason (?)

I feel as if both the OCG and TCG lists are going to move around a lot, though - possibly they'll get closer in terms of their ideology until they're again the same before Worlds. A lot of the "let's hit it differently" moves like the Mermail and Fire Fist swap, as well as the lack of Divine Wind on the TCG list, seem to be based around Konami wanting to test to see which hit is ideal for the respective decks. But I must say I'm finding it somewhat baffling that Konami of Japan thinks Shock Master is fine at 3, while the TCG thinks 1 is too many.

As primarily a Mermail and Harpie player, I'm conflicted. Obviously Harpies are better off with the TCG list, so that's fine, but while Mermails are perfectly viable under both lists, I preferred the OCG moves. Diva and Dragoons are two of the reasons the deck is so fun: their searching gives you so many options. In contrast Abyss-sphere and Abyssteus are focused entirely on getting out your level 7s, which is far less interesting. The deck is forced to just try and overpower you with Megalo before the lack of hand management hurts it now, especially with Pot of Avarice banned.
There's a reason why Spirit got Limited: to help curb the spamming of Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Horse Prince. Before the list was announced, I went up against a few Horse Prince spam decks, and man, those were overwhelming, even though I managed to come out at top once.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I was actually referring to the TCG banlist :C
I'm also glad that they didn't follow the OCG banlist this time. A lot of my decks that I play right now are going to be very viable in this format. Not so sure about my Empty Jar anymore tho, because of Card Destruction being banned =

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea but wasn't it like that last format too? My deck was tuned up for the last format anways, so I got used to the 2 Mirror Force, lol.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Shock Master is a broken OP card! OCG toned the power up, and TCG toned the power down, so it's completely reasonable to ban Shock Master in the TCG. I think Dragoons and Diva are the correct hits in Mermail, actually; free searches 24/7 is super annoying, as is the power to constantly put tons of damage onto the board for no apparent reason. Mermail needed to lose consistency, and with Diva and Dragoons hit, it will do exactly that.

I think Divine Wind is a dumb card and should be removed. It wasn't even the Blaze Fenix OTK that was the problem... the very existence of Harpie Dancer makes Divine Wind a problematic card : s

I disagree that Shock Master is an OP card. He is very powerful, but not particularly easy to make. It's also not overly meta relevant - recent meta decks do not have the ability to spam triple material rank 4s. I can see it as a pre-emptive strike against Xyz Infernities, but aside from that it only removes a weapon lower tier decks have. I agree that free searching is annoying, but Abyss-sphere and Abyssteus provide similar consistency. Hitting them not only leaves Atlanteans intact, but hurts Mermails without making them more linear. Diva however is an extremely powerful card, worthy of a hit on principal.

Divine Wind is only dumb because of self-interaction. One free level 4 per turn is fine. The problem is that Divine Wind's once per turn clause is of the weaker variety, so replacing it with a new copy allows re-use and subsequent abuse. I do strongly dislike hitting Duel Terminal cards, though. Seems a bit cruel to put so many cards with genuine uses on the banlist because Konami were so incredibly lazy with their restrictions.

There's a reason why Spirit got Limited: to help curb the spamming of Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Horse Prince. Before the list was announced, I went up against a few Horse Prince spam decks, and man, those were overwhelming, even though I managed to come out at top once.

I know the power Fire Fist have. I do not however think Spirit is the correct card to hit. 3-axis Fire Fist does very little of note without Rooster, but it still exists. 3-axis without Spirit does absolutely nothing. It also stops players from ever having a chance at playing a deck that probably wouldn't have been overly dominant anyway. They've hit deck diversity for no good reason.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
OMG DON'T DIE

Username: Flush'd
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Akiza/Plants
Favourite card: Number 87: Queen of the Night
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? Nope.

I'm kinda just getting back into Yugioh, so I tried my hand a plant deck that I might get around to posting. Sorta relevant, Heavy Storm was my favorite. :<

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I'm a cheap guy, so one is enough for me haha. Besides, I've started focusing more on MTG in terms of card games recently. (Not that I'm any good at MTG either haha)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Get the common ones! They're extremely cheap!
As a guy who's never owned a Mirror Force, I've looked into it. +$5 isn't exactly cheap haha, especially for a common, but I guess better then the foils. Idk why all the staples are so expensive.

Cirrus

Years
I disagree that Shock Master is an OP card. He is very powerful, but not particularly easy to make. It's also not overly meta relevant - recent meta decks do not have the ability to spam triple material rank 4s. I can see it as a pre-emptive strike against Xyz Infernities, but aside from that it only removes a weapon lower tier decks have. I agree that free searching is annoying, but Abyss-sphere and Abyssteus provide similar consistency. Hitting them not only leaves Atlanteans intact, but hurts Mermails without making them more linear. Diva however is an extremely powerful card, worthy of a hit on principal.

Divine Wind is only dumb because of self-interaction. One free level 4 per turn is fine. The problem is that Divine Wind's once per turn clause is of the weaker variety, so replacing it with a new copy allows re-use and subsequent abuse. I do strongly dislike hitting Duel Terminal cards, though. Seems a bit cruel to put so many cards with genuine uses on the banlist because Konami were so incredibly lazy with their restrictions.

Shock Master ends games for some decks. Name Monster for Agents / Chaos Dragon or Spell for Prophecy; instant game over. And as we've seen from the banlist, Konami dislikes instant game over cards. It does not need to be spammed for it to be OP. As for triple material rank 4s with ease ... aren't you overlooking your own deck? I'm sure a few other decks other than Harpies can do it, though. Doesn't matter if they're not as good as meta, Shock Master is extremely toxic. (Also, Verz and Constellar can make it without too much fuss ... keep Kerykeion or Sombre around for a turn, welp. Constellar just likes Pleiades a lot so it will be a rare day in which they make Shock Master unless it's to perform virtual lockdown, because Pleiades locks equally hard.)

Diva is strong by itself and stronger in tandem with Heavy Infantry, and although you are correct that Sphere and Teus give consistency, it removes the ability for the deck to search just any Sea Serpent (for example ... Moulinglacia, Heavy Infantry, or ... DIVA). Pike and Teus are not able to search out just any monster you want, and do so at the loss of resources in hand - in exchange for pluses on the field sometimes or a lot of the time, sure, but Dragoons is just like WHATEVER I'M GONNA PITCH THIS THOUGHTLESSLY AND GET A FREE SEARCH YOLO. I don't have much to say about Sphere except that it's pretty strong, and Mermail would have suffered a lot if both Dragoons and Sphere had been hit.

Obviously one free level 4 is fine! So are the baby dragons without Super Rejuvenation (that's a little bit of a stretch but not too much of one, plus there are other examples). Konami needs to ban with respect to abuse cases. If you will recall, Divine Wind was printed earlier, before Konami started doing the restrictions in a more limited style; after all, Mist Valley was printed in the time of Brionac, and Divine Wind, in Storm of Ragnarok.

Last edited:
Back