• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Showcase] Art from a Musical Combusken

Years

Art from a Musical Combusken​

Hello, I'm Anastasia.R or also known as MusicalCombusken. I use to mod here and on pe2k, both on art boards. I'll just update sometimes, I'm not entirely back from a long break.

Q: Why are we looking at art from a Musical Combusken?
A: You have eyes. Also, MusicalCombusken is my deviantart and tumblr. I'm much more active there.

If there's anything else you need to know, shoot questions at me.

The Art​

The nice artwork

'Da doodles

Most likely just random or made for friends.
Spoiler:

Well, I hope i can update this or something! Comment, follow me on tumblr, watch me on dA, ect! I hope you enjoy my artwork. ^..^

Years
Ana, hi hi! <3 (I missed you!)

You've been improving so much lately; I love how you've been paying so much attention to the light sources and such and the colors you use to shade are really pretty!

I really love the "Mouse" image especially, you did an excellent job with the coloring of the background there. You've been experimenting with so many different things lately, which is great. n_n Don't have much to critique on since I really like the current pace you're going at - keep at it!

You're inspired by PK's style, yes? I can see a bit of a resemblance here!

Years
Thanks, girl <3 And yeah, PK is one of my favorite artists! Thanks so much for the nice comments!

Here's a quick doodle, I really didn't care about how messed up the nose might be. It was just a quick drawing.
tumblr_m9xxw1ynTG1ruqnwto1_500.png

Years
Your art is pretty fantastic. I really like the doodles, there is something about the sloppy lines that just grabs my attention.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Ahhh Ana! It's been so long, and you've improved so much! (Not that you weren't totally pro to begin with, hahaha! ;D)

What I really like about your art is that there's a roughness to it? Like your brushstrokes aren't smoothed out, and I really like seeing all the layering going on-- especially since I can't paint at all, so seeing it kind of at work on your canvases is really fun for me!

My favorite of yours has to be the swagkip though-- I love the thick, scribbly lines. Very definitive, recognizable style right there! *V*

Hope to see more soon Ana!

Years
I am very jealous of you! how did you learn to draw and color like that? T^T this is beautiful!

your coloring is very bright and gives a delightful feeling to the pictures, they're very cheerful with a bit of a realistic touch added to them
oh and btw, great job with the backgrounds! each image has a very catchy one that's very well done

I'm very fund of Emolga, Roselia and Gorebyss's drawings especially, you did an amazing job! keep inspiring~

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
Wow, wonderful work here. You are a very talented painter. Keep up the great work.

PokeTrade

PokeTrade
Years
Wow! I love your art! If my work partner E could see this even she would be amazed! Keep making more! I really liked looking at them!

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
Years
Wow they are beautiful!
I am not this kind of artist, but what stuck out to me is the coloring and shading really bring out quality in theses pictures.
Somehow you made thundurus look cooler than the original design!

Years
Thank you all for the wonderful comments! Sorry I didn't update this sooner! SO HERE'S SOME ART

Small Tumbnails

BIG Thumbnails

Spoiler:
Go nuts, hope you missed me and my art. \o/ ...also hopefully the updating our gallery thing is still a rule

Adore

Party.
Years
I love your style and coloring, Ana! You just keep getting better and better. :D

I also see that you included the birthday present you made for me in that update. Ilu bbgurl.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Holy crap, Ana. You works are gorgeous. I really love all of 'em! They're better than anything I could ever do. ;-;

I especially love Cloudy with a chance of falling sky. Looks really fantastic. Plus, it has a peaceful air about it that makes me feel all warm inside. Really good. <3;

As for critique, I don't think I would be able to do it since you're miles ahead of me in the art department. Just came here to say I love your work. And those colors. Those colors, man. Most of your works work really well because of those vibrant colors you use. Keep making awesome stuff. <3;

Years
Oh my god, these comments. ;w; Thanks <3
Here's a birthday gift I made for a friend, and a point commission.

Small Thumbnails

Doodles

Click to see the full size image!
tumblr_mf2azbOX7k1ruqnwto1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_meqxl5RkrC1ruqnwto1_1280.png

Cid

Years
Ahh your distinct art style is just wonderful. It's lovely to look at, and it gives the Pokémon and other characters so much emotion. The colors are also really beautiful. I don't know how else I can expound on those sentiments, but really I just love your work, and I'm really happy that this section has so much talented people to look up to such as yourself.

This last update is also amazing. Even though they're labeled as doodles (and for you they really are doodles, I suppose), they still retain the beautiful shades and hues that I adore in the other artworks that you've posted here. I think the rough edges look really cool on them, too. Plus I personally love the Third Gen starters, haha.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That Vaporeon is adorable <3
I like your style. It kind of has a rustic look but some of your art still seems playful, if that makes sense.

The "Swagkip" is also cool. I've always liked the coloration of shiny Mudkip.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Damn gurl, these are a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

That Birthday Shuckle is really something special. Whoever received that is certainly very lucky to have you as a friend! ^o^

This right here, story of my life.

I love everything. If I were to comment on every piece that I adored this post would take forever. You're extremely talented, and the work that you've posted showcases the best of your abilities. And you know what they say, if you got it, flaunt it! xD

Keep them coming plz!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Well, once again I'm at a loss for words, because everyone else basically said everything. Here's what I can say, though. I always thought Combusken looked ridiculous at best, the overall design of it never really worked for me. I probably also never really liked that Torchic when from being a cute little chick to something very unchicken like in the next two stages, so I was probably a bit biased based against Game Freak's overall decision.

I suppose I've forgotten the whole "fan art usually makes things better rule", which is usually something I vouch for. Afterall, talented fan-appreciation of Pokemon is really why I'm here. Then again, a person'll never look up anything they aren't particularly interested in. Or can even remember exists, if that.

So having said all that, I'll admit that this is the first time I've ever seen Combusken look like anything other than silly. Again, I'll admit I haven't seen many Combusken pieces, either, so this honor falls squarely on you.

All of the above has more to do with the Pokemon itself than with your art in general. Now allow me to bring you more into the picture. The one piece that really sold it for me was...

Spoiler:

People probably don't know me for it yet, but I'll probably become the person known as the biggest advocate of characterization. I'm sure that's a picture of you using a Combusken avatar, but even if it wasn't, I think the sheer relatability of it makes this picture alone worth it's weight in gold. You probably got a lot of laughs and "I've been there's" from this picture, and why shouldn't you? It's something I'm sure all artists have done before, especially ones who are more serious about drawing (I sort of am, I'm really more of a hobbyist who still soaks up as much as he can from industry professionals. I used to be an animator, but after a while, I didn't like it. However, I still appreciate the power of illustration and I really enjoy staying in the animation industry loop. I have too much love for it to throw it all away. If anything, it's just something to fall back on, but I don't want to make a career out of drawing anymore ^_^;).

I think art like the one I've pointed out connects to people on a more personal level, and it transcends just being another pretty picture. I've seen a lot of Pokemon art, most of it is good, some of it is REALLY good. I'll save a lot of those pics to my hard drive, as well. But the ones I remember are another thing entirely. And the pieces that stand out to me are the ones injected with personality. Some of my absolute favorite artwork doesn't have a lot of masterful coloring techniques, or the line art is really scraggly, but it just exudes so much personality that I can't help but smile, and maybe even laugh every time I see it. It's also the reason I like Pokemon comics, because (typically) it's grounds for a lot of characterization and different types of personalities. Even if it was just your slice of life story, if I can feel for the characters in the story, you've already won me over. I think that's amazing, and it's so simple, too. :)

Also, this picture sort cinched it for Combusken, too.
Spoiler:

All in all, fantastic work, but I really really like the pictures that give the creatures more flavor.

OH! One more thing. I would say my favorite art for art's sake piece is this one.
Spoiler:

Which I believe has nothing to do with Pokemon at all! Honestly, that's not even a shocker. :D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d5bce814c129fcdfcc4f8606ba236cdf/tumblr_meqxl5RkrC1ruqnwto1_1280.png
Dat badass Combusken. Swag.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/459649afdba5bf2b4804036a4211d5d9/tumblr_mf2azbOX7k1ruqnwto1_r1_1280.png
Dat badass treecko.

Seriously though, I probably don't need to say it again, but I'll do it anyway - I LOVE YOUR WORKS SO MUCH ANNA! IF I HAD MONEY I'D PROBABLY PAY FOR SOME OF THIS STUFF. THAT'S HOW GOOD THEY ARE. <333

sorry for the caps spammage there. ;; But yeah, to be a little more detailed as to why I love those two updates a little more rather than the others, I'll just say I love the lines. The strokes. When a amateur artist works on a doodle, those kinds of strokes mostly get in the way of the piece's beauty. But here it just enhances them to a whole another level. Like, over 9000 level. XD; But yeah, seriously, they're just epic. The colors are, as always, damn good. Which is probably partially due to you being an awesome graphic artist as well. <3;

you win, gurl. your works are made of win. I can't really find much to criticize at all. If, in any case, I manage to do that, it'll probably be nitpicking. :p So yeah, keep it up and keep those updates coming. I can't wait to let my eyes ogle at your new stuff. <3

Back