• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Villainous Team Speculation!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I really hope we get two villainous teams this time around. Fighting the same old team over and over was really annoying. Since the evil team(s) will be trying to take control of Yveltal/Xerneas I can imagine that the one that tries to take over Xerneas will try to perhaps expand forests or have something to do with nature or something since Xerneas seems pretty nature-like. I have no idea what they could do with Yveltal since they can't exactly expand the sky or really do anything with the sky idk

And the Pokemon could be types that go with the types of Yveltal/Xerneas.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Team Alpha-Z since they used the letters X and Y then the villainous team might use Z (a possible 3rd legendary?). The Alpha part is a combination of "Alphabet" and opression

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
But if they were harder to beat then it means that the protagonist might give up easier, like, wouldn't it be more motivational if you're outright stronger than the villains, showing that inside your heart... you're actually stronger? I mean you want to be better without training hard, you want to overcome evil, and for evil to never be too strong and can easily be suppressed by good.

Well, going along with what Twilight Sky said, I mean look- at D/P/Pl, your rival, Berry, lost to Juptier of Team Galactic. And after he lost, he goes on to day, 'that pokemon is suffering... I have to become stronger!'. I dunno, I just don't see regular pokemon trainers giving up that easily, if they -do- love pokemon as much as they say, so it'd be natural for them to fight for them. ):

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
While there are some really interesting ideas here, I'd actually prefer if we didn't get a villainous "team" in the coming generation. For some reason, I think they've just used the "evil team after the legendary pokémon" concept for all its worth. What I'd really like to see is a lone terrorist operating on his own and for reasons that have nothing to do with pokémon or humans relationship with pokémon. I'd like to see a guy who is rebelling against the world government because he is an anarchist or something along those lines. The player could have multiple run ins with him, and of course, he'd use pokémon to fight, but his whole motivation wouldn't be about pokémon. I dunno, I guess that's a little too mature for the franchise, I guess.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I have a feeling they will be called Team Z. If they aren't called team Z, then they will make a sequel to the game called Pokemon Z.
I kind of wish for no villain team at all, but it will probably happen. I want a female leader, none of evil teams have had a female leader.
Ah well.
Obviously the bad guys will want world domination for whatever reason they come up with.

Years
I would like to see two competing teams as observed in ruby/sapphire.

Team dimensions would be nice for one encompassing team.
Teams vertical and horizontal might be nice for competing teams.
Typing: I would be nice to see some expansion from the dark and poison types.
Perhaps Psychic, Fighting, and Dark would be a nice mixture.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I really, really can't see the genetics idea coming true, for a few reasons.

One - X isn't female, and Y isn't male. XX is female, and XY is male (at least in humans, for birds, for example, it is reversed). X is called Turner symdrone, and Y is... well, dead (you need the information on the X chromosome to live).

Two - Look at the legendaries. Even if they were going for a gendered motif - does Xerneas look feminine? Does Yveltal look masculine? No, not really. However, Xerneas does look like an Earth spirit and Yveltal looks like a sky spirit, which suggests that the inspiration is the dimensional axes, X and Y.

Three - To be honest, genetics, especially realistic genetics, doesn't seem like something that'd ever get brought up, if for no other reason than they'd pretty much have to explain how Pokemon breeding actually works.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
No boring villainous team please. Cut the world domination project and get yourself to more realistic plans.

I don't mind world domination as long as it's not just that, some vague plot about controlling the world.

I'd be more interested if they were trying to do something specific, like say giving all living things the mental capability of a magikarp.

Also I would like to see them at least partially reach their goal, make it more desperate near the end. So for example if they were plotting to mind control people, have it actually happen and you need to reverse it with the help of the legendary pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd be more interested if they were trying to do something specific, like say giving all living things the mental capability of a magikarp.

That's be kind of cray lmao. That'd include themselves, too...

I dunno I think that's way too specific and could potentially even ruin themselves (and way too hard to... well, do lol).

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
That DNA helix someone pointed out in the logo is enough to make me consider that there just might be some genetic manipulation involved.

That could possibly set up another appearance of Colress, considering he wanted to increase a Pokémon's strength, he might just be willing to modify their genes to do it. Though I guess that's unlikely, considering BW2's ending.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
For my Concept Art class I came up with a team that stole artwork and sold them on the black market xD They were Team Ardour...
So a team that does something that isn't involving Pokémon would be really cool to me, since it would be very different from all the previous teams we've had! Artwork is actually a pretty good possibility, since the Louvre is in Paris! XD

Years
Hmm... it will probably have something to do with genetics or chromosomes for obvious reasons then again you never know.. somebody mentioned it possibly having a link with Mewtwo, that sounds cool ;) Either way I hope they don't resemble team galactic in any way I couldn't stand them -.-

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
New Villain Team Leader

I think the leader should be Professor Oak, because I call him Gramps and look at this acronym:

Galactic
Rocket
Aqua
Magma
Plasma

The new Team should start with a "S". Imagine all this time that Professor Oak was actually the antagonist :O
But then again it is a stupid idea, what do you think?

Last edited:

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Okay, so this is my idea. It's completely far-fetched and has nothing to do with genetics, because I hope that GAME FREAK will be a bit more creative than that.
---
The villainous team is called Team Nova.
Their mission is similar to Team Plasma- to get Pokemon away from people - because, they say, Pokemon suck the life force of the human they are in the service of to power their attacks.
According to Team Nova, Pokemon are completely sentient and are plotting to destroy humanity. The relationship humans have had with them is a total lie. They have been planning to overtake humans ever since the first contact. Every time a Pokemon uses a technique, it siphons away the life force of everyone in the area, but mainly that of its Trainer, whose ownership of the Pokeball strengthens the connection between them.
Of course, this is all a lie.
This makes no sense at all to the scientists of the Pokeworld, and they try to discourage the people from believing Nova's rumors.
However, Team Nova is very skilled at hiding their true motives and making their ideas believable. They even succeed in convincing your character, and you go on a mission influenced by something they say at some point in the game. You, during this mission, discover their true aim: to confiscate all the Pokemon in the world in order to "eliminate" them and create a world without fighting. This is a good idea. If only they weren't trying to send all the Pokemon away. (Not kill them. Send them to the Distortion World or someting) In this world without fighting, Team Nova would be hailed as heroes who stopped the endless conflict which stemmed from the root of Pokemon. Children would be safe, walking from town to town would be without danger, and the world would make more sense in general. And the ruler of it all would be the couple who are the leaders of Team Nova.
One is a man named Adrien who was raised in Kanto, and is the son of Ltn. Surge. After seeing his father fight in the war, he wants to prevent fighting and he believes the best way to do this is to remove the "problem" of Pokemon. The other is Mars, one of the former Commanders of Team Galactic, who got lost when searching for her leader/awkward love interest, Cyrus, and ended up in Kanto, where she met Adrien. From watching Cyrus's speeches, she is skilled at...convincing people of things that aren't true. After some time they got married, and realized that their motives were similar and started a new team together.
Team Nova wants to use the powers of the X and Y pokemon whose names I cant remember to convince the Pokemon that humans are sucking THEIR life force. With X and Y under their control, Nova will be able to communicate with Pokemon telepathically like N does and spread their brainwashing to them.

---
And that's MY theory. You better not tl:dr me.

loucas

100% hot
Years
Team Splice :)
haha, i'm all over XandY

if it's true that X and Y is all about DNA, then the villanous teams would probably use the illegal way of producing hybrid pokemons, via DNA splicing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps they don't splice pokemon but instead just splice Pokémon, radiate meteors with viruses on them (Deoxys), clone (Mewtwo), and revive/modify fossils (Genesect)

loucas

100% hot
Years
Perhaps they don't splice pokemon but instead just splice Pokémon, radiate meteors with viruses on them (Deoxys), clone (Mewtwo), and revive/modify fossils (Genesect)

the more of mewtwo/genesect case, but instead of adding enhancement to pokemon, they add another pokemon to the formula that creates hybrids.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Team Rocket.

They'll talk about how they've finally rebuilt their organization, and it is finally stronger than ever.

They're going to talk about Mew and Mewtwo and what they've learned from their past mistakes in Pokemon genetic manipulation. They're going to talk about how they've finally perfected the art of genetic manipulation and can't be stopped!

The legendary pokemon X and Y will come from genetic manipulation, created in the similar fashion that Mewtwo was?

This is my absolute dream. I love Team Rocket, and it has been my dream for them to have a monstrous comeback. I freaking adore Giovanni, he's my favourite syndicate leader and it's not even that close. It would be awesome to have that be the situation for X and Y. My aspiring dream would be a second attempt at cloning Mew, but I feel like if they were ever planning on doing that, they would have done it a long time ago.

Even just a small Team Rocket scenario would be nice for me though.

I think the leader should be Professor Oak, because I call him Gramps and look at this acronym:

Galactic
Rocket
Aqua
Magma
Plasma

The new Team should start with a "S". Imagine all this time that Professor Oak was actually the antagonist :O
But then again it is a stupid idea, what do you think?

I don't think it's stupid at all, I actually love the idea...

Last edited:
Back