• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do we live where we live?

Captain Jack Sparrow

Maturity's overrated. So am I.
Years
Why do we live in buildings and not caves or underground or whatever? My theory is maybe because we think we're to sophisticated to live in places like that, therefore we live in manmade buildings. What are your opinions?

Years
I thought you could live in caves? It sounds safe enough.

I think we do it because it's the most convinent way to live. It's nice and cozy. It's probably healthier for us too.
But that's just me. *shrug*

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
Years
My friend said that a few people live on mountains.And some mountains are actually volcanos (dormant).I don't think it's true.
Anyways I feel much more comfortable in a building because it's more stable and cozier.

Years
Shadow of heroes said:
My friend said that a few people live on mountains.And some mountains are actually volcanos (dormant).I don't think it's true.
Anyways I feel much more comfortable in a building because it's more stable and cozier.
I'm not sure about the first part of that statement, but the second is true ;D

I wouldn't be suprised if some people lived in the mountians. I bet it's dangerous though. ._. Houses are better though.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
Years
We couldn't live in caves because they could collapse...don't you know what happened in West Virginia?

We live here because we can and any other place would be dumb? XD

Mayl

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2006
Why would we live in caves? O_o;; there's like.. no electricity!! lolz and if we lived in caves or whatever.. we'd get cold and sick and have bad health and no plumming etc... and.. i don't think.. caves have much oxygen in them.. X_x;;

- KSP

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
People survived centuries without electricity...I don't think the lack thereof would kill the lot of us right away.

Anyway, humans are better adapted for living the way we do. That's why we do. We would be differently built to better suit any other location we lived. For example, living underground (o_O), we'd probably have better eyesight or something and be more like the mammals who are often underground, rather than as what we are today. (So sue me for my awful examples--I'm not into ecology or biology or whatever this would be classed as. XD)

Lol, Jorfe, I like your answer. =x

Years
Because we do for the sake of convenience and survival. If you live in a cave, then you'd be frozen to death or unprotected during the flood and the place is dark day and night. If you live on trees, then you'd get sunburned or get some nasty bird crap on you and not to mention the rain. So you see, without the proper shelter, you can't really survive. The civilized people, I mean.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Crystal Clair said:
Well actually, some people in Australia live in caves (really perfected caves). It was shown on "the world's weirdest houses"
I dunno really, you sort of summed it up for me.
...I live in Australia and I've never heard of any Australian living in a cave.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
Years
We live where we live because we are mortal and we'd like to live comfortably. Safe from the cold and floods and disasters and rain and things falling from the sky. The human intelligence has made it so that they thought up "houses" to protect themselves from the elements.

So there. If you have anything against living in houses, tell us and we'll build you a beaver dam. WITHOUT the Narnian extensions.

Guest123_x1

We've become dependent on our own inventions. There's no way to reverse it.

John Denver

Banned
Years
Scipio said:
Why do we live in buildings and not caves or underground or whatever? My theory is maybe because we think we're to sophisticated to live in places like that, therefore we live in manmade buildings. What are your opinions?

'Cause you're a little kid, and you're trying to start a arduous debate cause you want the attention.

You can live in a cold, roach-infested mud hut if you want...I'll stick with my nicely heated house with internet access.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
Erm...what's stopping us from running electricity and a bunch of other crap through a cave...?

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
Years
Fine then, live in trees. Let the bugs and birds eat you for dinner. See if I care. XD

If you would like to put in things inside caves for your happiness, soon you'll see it has become another house for you.

Back