• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingzro17

......................... .....
Years
Game: FireRed
Type: BPRE (I think)
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Type: two Person events
Script: I've got two scripts, a character and an itemball. You get your first Pokémon from the itemball. The itemball isn't supposed to disappear after you click on it. I have a flag so that if you click the character or the itemball after clicking the itemball once, they will say different things. The flag works, but if I leave the room and come back in, it seems to be reset: the character will say his first, pre-flag script again, and the itemball will give you a second Pokémon. What am I doing wrong?

The character's script:
Spoiler:

The itemball's script:
Spoiler:

(In addition, I also don't know how to make a script that can give a Pokémon a nickname--which is why I tried to avoid the issue altogether in the dialogue above--because I haven't found any instructions on how to do that in any tutorials so far. I've gone through several looking for just that. So if anyone could just tell me what that bit of script is, I'd be grateful.)

Screenshots and/or Videos: I don't have any, and in any case, I think this is a simple problem. The flag just seemingly removes itself if I leave the room and come back into it.
I'm not totally sure but I wouldn't use flag number 7. It's one of those flags that probably doesn't work. Use the flags from 200: so 201, 202. Then it might work.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Type: two Person events
Script: I've got two scripts, a character and an itemball. You get your first Pokémon from the itemball. The itemball isn't supposed to disappear after you click on it. I have a flag so that if you click the character or the itemball after clicking the itemball once, they will say different things. The flag works, but if I leave the room and come back in, it seems to be reset: the character will say his first, pre-flag script again, and the itemball will give you a second Pokémon. What am I doing wrong?

The character's script:
Spoiler:

The itemball's script:
Spoiler:

(In addition, I also don't know how to make a script that can give a Pokémon a nickname--which is why I tried to avoid the issue altogether in the dialogue above--because I haven't found any instructions on how to do that in any tutorials so far. I've gone through several looking for just that. So if anyone could just tell me what that bit of script is, I'd be grateful.)

Screenshots and/or Videos: I don't have any, and in any case, I think this is a simple problem. The flag just seemingly removes itself if I leave the room and come back into it.
Fixed.

Don't use flag 0x7. Use one that's not being used. And you can find out how to nickname a Pokemon in my tut, located here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
I'm not totally sure but I wouldn't use flag number 7. It's one of those flags that probably doesn't work. Use the flags from 200: so 201, 202. Then it might work.

So, there are some flags that just don't work all together? Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the reason behind why some flags don't work?

The one thing that still concerns me is that the flag DOES work until I leave the room and come back. Is that normal with flags that "don't work," that it will work temporarily and then stop working?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try changing the flag. In fact, if it's the flag itself that's messed up and not how I'm using the flag, I might just use the Pokémon menu flag, since I have to set 0x828 anyway.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
So, there are some flags that just don't work all together? Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the reason behind why some flags don't work?

The one thing that still concerns me is that the flag DOES work until I leave the room and come back. Is that normal with flags that "don't work," that it will work temporarily and then stop working?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try changing the flag. In fact, if it's the flag itself that's messed up and not how I'm using the flag, I might just use the Pokémon menu flag, since I have to set 0x828 anyway.
Why these flags don't work? I don't know but they always reset after exiting the map. So if something with a flag keeps resetting you'll know you got a wrong one.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Don't use flag 0x7. Use one that's not being used. And you can find out how to nickname a Pokemon in my tut, located here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276.

Ah, thank you! I've been using your tutorial, but somehow managed to miss that section; I guess because when I'm looking for something, I use control-F to find the keyword I need rather than scroll through it. Won't make that mistake again.

Why these flags don't work? I don't know but they always reset after exiting the map. So if something with a flag keeps resetting you'll know you got a wrong one.

Okay, good to know. And that's definitely what's going on with my script. Thanks again!

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2010
So does anyone know how I can do these things?

1. Here's a sample script (I used XSE, and made this for R/S roms):

Spoiler:

2. Make a script checking the "Elite Four beaten" flag (ask the others about that flag, since I have no idea) and put it in the entrance(s) of the area.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Firered scripting

Using XSE i put this script in (modified from a celadon dept store script):
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71B008
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x81A7AE0
lock
faceplayer
preparemsg 0x81A6211 '"Hi, there!\nMay I help you?"
waitmsg
pokemart 0x871A7EC
msgbox 0x81A5190 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Please come again!"
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A7AE0
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1A6211
= Hi, there!\nMay I help you?

#org 0x1A5190
= Please come again!

'-----------
' MartItems
'-----------
#org 0x71A7EC
#raw word 0xB6
#raw word 0xC5
#raw word 0x165
#raw word 0x166
#raw word 0x162
#raw word 0x12D
#raw word 0x139
#raw word 0x143
#raw word 0x0
to change the items at a pokemart. I did this with two pokemarts and the first one worked fine but then this one did this:
problem2.png

My problem should be clear:text off screen item names screwing up; also kinda weird that Ice Beam doesnt screw up.

How do I hide content?

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
My problem should be clear:text off screen item names screwing up; also kinda weird that Ice Beam doesnt screw up.

This happens because the game has two ways to treat items in pokemarts: one for showing the picture on regular items, and one for displaying TMs, that shows their number and attack.

The pokemart command gives analizes the data and, if a TM is present, treats all items a TMs. But because normal items don't have TM number or attack, the glitched response appears.

the pokemart2 command, however, always presents pictures, so if really necessary to have both normal items and TMs in the same display, use it instead.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Game: FireRed (U)
Type: basic talking script
Editor: Pokescript Version 1.00
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos:

I've put the offset ($800000) to a new created person in Advance Map, however, when I talk to the person who I assigned the script too just say nothing (dialogue box appears but no words). What did I did wron
g? Please help me.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Script:
Spoiler:

I've put the offset ($800000) to a new created person in Advance Map, however, when I talk to the person who I assigned the script too just say nothing (dialogue box appears but no words). What did I did wron
g? Please help me.
I don't use pokescript, but i think the "1" is wrong... i corrected your script

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Script:
Spoiler:

g? Please help me.
You accidentally put messages instead of message.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Hey all. This is my first script using the writebytooffset command. It's for pokemon Ruby.
The problem with my script is: It won't write the byte to the offset. What I'm trying to do is change the main player's OW, and I'm using writebytetooffset to change the pointer to the sprite graphics of the player's OW to another pointer to different sprite graphics.

Here is the script

Spoiler:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Ok Darthatron or Seth-Kun could not really help on this and I have tried every setting on AMap. Whats wrong with this level script? I think its a type 5.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x7300ED
lock
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto 0x8730136
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8730139
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x873013D MSG_NORMAL '"[player]: You scared me there!\nKe..."
givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox 0x87301AA MSG_NORMAL '"[player] received a Charmander. \n..."
applymovement 0x3 0x87301E2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x3
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
Setvar 0x4033 0x1
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x730136
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x73013D
= [player]: You scared me there!\nKetchum: Sorry 'bout that but your\lmom told me to surprise you with\la few things!

#org 0x7301AA
= [player] received a Charmander. \nPLayer received a Pokedex.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x730139
#raw 0x63 'Question Mark (?)
#raw 0x3 'Face Right
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x7301E2
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)

Last edited:

Larsie13

Hey all. This is my first script using the writebytooffset command. It's for pokemon Ruby.
The problem with my script is: It won't write the byte to the offset. What I'm trying to do is change the main player's OW, and I'm using writebytetooffset to change the pointer to the sprite graphics of the player's OW to another pointer to different sprite graphics.

Here is the script

Spoiler:

You switched the writebytetooffset paramaters.

¦Next Pro

Restarting.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Ok Darthatron or Seth-Kun could not really help on this and I have tried every setting on AMap. Whats wrong with this level script? I think its a type 5.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x7300ED
lockall
checkflag 0x828
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8730139
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x73013D MSG_NORMAL '"[player]: You scared me there!\nKe..."
givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox 0x7301AA MSG_NORMAL '"[player] received a Charmander. \n..."
applymovement 0x3 0x87301E2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x03
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
Setvar 0x4033 0x1
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x73013D
= [player]: You scared me there!\nKetchum: Sorry 'bout that but your\lmom told me to surprise you with\la few things!

#org 0x7301AA
= [player] received a Charmander. \nPLayer received a Pokedex.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x730139
#raw 0x63 'Question Mark (?)
#raw 0x3 'Face Right

#org 0x7301E2

Woah how does this mess up.. Ok try this.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
This happens because the game has two ways to treat items in pokemarts: one for showing the picture on regular items, and one for displaying TMs, that shows their number and attack.

The pokemart command gives analizes the data and, if a TM is present, treats all items a TMs. But because normal items don't have TM number or attack, the glitched response appears.

the pokemart2 command, however, always presents pictures, so if really necessary to have both normal items and TMs in the same display, use it instead.

thanks that worked. Is there a limit to the amount of items I can have in a pokemart through scripting. Like can I have one shop person sell all the tms?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015

Here is the script

Spoiler:

You went wrong with offsets... 003718F0 is the BIOS code, and it's Read only... pheraps you wanted to write 023718F0? (the ram (Wram) address)? If you wanted to write ROM's bytes, you cannot do it... Rom (like the name say) is Read-Only-Memory

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
You went wrong with offsets... 003718F0 is the BIOS code, and it's Read only... pheraps you wanted to write 023718F0? (the ram (Wram) address)? If you wanted to write ROM's bytes, you cannot do it... Rom (like the name say) is Read-Only-Memory

I wanted to write over the Player OW's offset in the Ram, yes. I took the offset from a hex editor because I assumed that would work. Guess not. Do you know the offset in the memory viewer that points to the main player's OW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back