• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
As much as I'd love to believe that some of these suggestions could happen, usually the way they go about doing this is adding characters that were either popular or at least relevant or visible in Nintendo from the previous console generation or at the very least recent history, which discounts a lot of possibilities. I've wanted to see Banjo-Kazooie in the games since the N64 version but that sadly never happened so I think if it hasn't happened by now it isn't likely to, unless they were to make a comeback into the mainstream Nintendo consciousness.

Pacman is a terrible thought for me because I really don't want any more Mr. Game and Watch-esque characters in the game lol.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Pit was probably chosen because they had the idea in mind for Uprising several years back, and with him in Brawl that would somewhat revive or set the building blocks for Kid Icarus series. If any New Comer was a retro it was ROB. And did Starfox really have anything going for it at the time when they added Wolf? I don't see why him or Dixie not appearing in Brawl lessens the chances. Meta Knight and Dedede didn't appear in Melee but yet they appeared in Brawl.
Between Melee and Brawl...
For the newcomers:
Pokemon Trainer: FR/LG
Wolf: Starfox assault and command
Meta Knight and Dedede: Well, all I can say is that between Melee and Brawl, Kirby games had lots of exposure.
Lucario: Diamond/Pearl were in the work during the time Brawl's roster was selected
Lucas: Mother 3
Wario: Warioware games and Wario Land Shake It! was in the works. (Hence Wario's victory theme.)
Diddy Kong: Aside from various Mario spinoffs, Diddy King Racing, Barrel Blast, and two other spin-offs.
Toon Link: Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass
Olimar: Pikmin 1+2
Ike: Main character of Fire Emblem games that were localized.
R.O.B: Nintendo's root. (Much like Game & Watch)
Pit: Retro (like Ice Climbers), or maybe like you said, Uprising was in mind.

But Dixie and K.Rool? Just two spin-off games. And after Brawl they only appeared in Mario Super Sluggers.

But saying that I would like to see Spyro added bcause as Kenshin said spyro has a link with Nintendo and he'd be awesomeeeeeeee.
If you want Spyro, might as well get Playstation All-Star Battle Royale, with Spyro being much more of a Sony character than a Nintendo one. (Despite going third party during the PS2) :(

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
If you want Spyro, might as well get Playstation All-Star Battle Royale, with Spyro being much more of a Sony character than a Nintendo one. (Despite going third party during the PS2) :(

Well I always thought he was just Sony exclusive nutil Keshin said other wise. I don't think I'd get the Playstation All-Star Battle Royale for one simple reason. Its on the PS3 and I dont have one xD. I do definitely think he will be in that if no they are wasting an awesome character for this kind of fighting game.

What are recently released nintendo games/soon to be released? This would probably be the easiest way to figure out possible new characters.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
What are recently released nintendo games/soon to be released? This would probably be the easiest way to figure out possible new characters.
Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening, Skyward Sword (last year), Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D(which is just Metal Gear Solid 3 off the PS2 I presume). I am sure there are others that have been released recently where their characters could lend themselves to SSB IV.

Out of those it would seem Palutena has definitely established herself as a front runner as a new comer. It would be nice to see another rep like Medusa as well. Hades I'd love too see in as well but he seems like more of a longshot then Medusa. Although it is probably a big asset that Sakurai is part of project Sora which first project was indeed KI Uprising, and now they are focusing on SSB IV.

Fire Emblem seems like Krom may edge out Ike. Unless they feel like including three reps.

Skyward Sword a good deal of people favor Ghirahim too be in. Which I guess is better then another Link such as Young and Toon.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Has anyone tried out controlling Master Hand in Melee as 3rd player? xD It's cool, but nothing good comes out of it..it sucks xD

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I think I did control him once when I played it! (Was melee the gamecube one?) I didnt really think it was that good tbh. I was expecting it to be much more overpowered :(
Do you think SSB4 will be on Wii or U?

Shining Raichu

Years
Yeah, and they've never made more than one Smash Bros game per console anyway. They don't really need to; the re-playability of the games is so extensive that I could go back to it now, three years after my first time playing, and still enjoy it as much as I ever did. There's no need to give us more when we can still enjoy what we have.

Also, it has to be on Wii U to be compatible with the 3DS version they're making lol

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
It was confirmed Wii U the day they mentioned that it is in the works.

Sorry I didnt know that :S I dont keep up with Nintendo stuff that much anymore.

Does anyone like the look of the Wii U / how they are making it with the screen on the controller?
Edit: What do you think of its price of nearly 600$?

Edit Edit: Is the 3DS getting a version as well? :O Does this mean that the 3DS has like online/bluetooth capabilities with the Wii U??

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
That will change; I have friends who work at EB Games and they say that they put prices in the system long before the release date and basically just hope that it's in the ballpark, because they need to have a price to enter it into the system. I went to pre-order Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 a few weeks back and I asked how much they were because I wanted to pay the whole amount upfront, and they had no freaking clue and told me to just put $50 on each to be safe. So it could be cheaper, it could be more expensive... but either way $598 (and btw dude, dollar signs go before the number :P) is pretty reasonable for a new console I think. I remember when the PS2 came out it was like $749.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
That will change; I have friends who work at EB Games and they say that they put prices in the system long before the release date and basically just hope that it's in the ballpark, because they need to have a price to enter it into the system. I went to pre-order Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 a few weeks back and I asked how much they were because I wanted to pay the whole amount upfront, and they had no freaking clue and told me to just put $50 on each to be safe. So it could be cheaper, it could be more expensive... but either way $598 (and btw dude, dollar signs go before the number :P) is pretty reasonable for a new console I think. I remember when the PS2 came out it was like $749.

Haha, I see, they shouldnt do that, its naughty!

Yeah I guess consoles are ridiculously priced when they are first released.
I Hope the SSB4 Is no more then 60$ xD though I seriously Doubt that.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
From what I heard, I think 3DS is more geared to personal play and achievements within the game. Even though both have online play included of course.

As for price speculation they will probably lower it a good deal like they lowered 3DS after the initial $350.00 irrc.

Shining Raichu

Years
I think I'm going to enjoy the 3DS version far more than the Wii U one, if that's the case. I'm way more of a solo gamer and I really resent online play making it necessary to play with other people (often whether you like it or not; such as in the Pokemon games where Wi-Fi is becoming a necessary thing in order to finish the game).

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
I imagine the 3DS version would be $30/40 US, 40 only if they have to go with the higher memory game cards like Resident Evil Revelations. I'm looking forward to the Wii U version a bit more just to see how they could incorporate NFC into it like in the recent Rayman trailer.

also, may I join?
Your username: Usagi-Chan~

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
(Was melee the gamecube one?)
Did you really ask that? -_- What other consoles do you think Melee is for? If you think N64..then how can you get Melee and the original mixed up? LOL

The Master Hand was cool at first observation, but it isn't really worth anything attempting to control one. Even if you try to win with it, the game ends up freezing anyway so no data would be stored.

Shining Raichu

Years
Hey Usagi, welcome to our little group! :D

I never had any interest in controlling the Master Hand and I actually had no idea it was an option! If anything I think I'd like to control his crazy brother. That was a fun boss to beat... Master Hand is kind of tame and should stick to doing things that begin with "master".

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hey Usagi, welcome to our little group! :D

I never had any interest in controlling the Master Hand and I actually had no idea it was an option! If anything I think I'd like to control his crazy brother. That was a fun boss to beat... Master Hand is kind of tame and should stick to doing things that begin with "master".
Always loved how the Left Hand is psychotic. haha

And welcome to Usagi as well!

For Melee, I don't know if they brought the glitch from Brawl however, you have to put your 3rd player hand in the name entry section, and hover over "Name Entry" rather than the names. Then on Player 1, as soon as you press start, press A on Name Entry for Player 3 and that's how you play as Master Hand. Oh and you can't have a player selected for Player 3 while doing so. :X

Shining Raichu

Years
I spent nearly two hours yesterday using my mad skillz to beat a nine-year-old in Brawl. I showed him no mercy and I brought out this adorable 9-year-old version of gamers' rage. Does that make me a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back