• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I didnt know there was two hands.. My god it makes sense though! Was the second one a boss in Melee?

I spent nearly two hours yesterday using my mad skillz to beat a nine-year-old in Brawl. I showed him no mercy and I brought out this adorable 9-year-old version of gamers' rage. Does that make me a bad person?

BAHAHA! That is gold Andy, I have no shame in saying that I have done this before as well. I have utterly destroyed a much younger gamer on SSB and enjoyed doing it.
Reminds me when me and my mate had a competition and it was really close and he was better with the home run bats so I grabbed them all and just threw them off the map. He raged so hard because I kept winning because of it. xD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I spent nearly two hours yesterday using my mad skillz to beat a nine-year-old in Brawl. I showed him no mercy and I brought out this adorable 9-year-old version of gamers' rage. Does that make me a bad person?
You have been sinned :P

Nahhh..how often do you play against them? I practically forced my nieces and nephews (I've got 25 of them combined, about 15 of them I've played against) into playing against me or the CPU all by themselves at level 9's and handicaps at maxed. They get frustrated and complain they are to tough or I don't go answer on them. I never go easy on anyone when it comes to Console games for Television. So Brawl is no exception.

Although I do have friends around my age who are competitively good and uses Zelda/Ike/Roy/Marth/Link(Played both Brawl and Melee if you didn't get it), etc, as you see that they use the more skilled players, they are barely matched when I use Peach. However...They cannot ever come close when I use Fox. My madman.

I didnt know there was two hands.. My god it makes sense though! Was the second one a boss in Melee?
Crazy Hand was more crazier and a bit powerful than Master Hand. Play Classic on Normal to Very Hard and at a certain time, reaching Master Hand and taking his health halfway, Crazy Hand will appear. Or Event 50, the second before last in Melee, you can fight both at the very start.

So yeah, Crazy Hand was a secret boss.

Giga Bowser was also a secret boss in Adventure Mode and in the final event, which is Event 51 teaming up with Ganondorf and Mewtwo. Same requirement at beating Adventure Mode at a certain time, as well as only Normal to Very Hard is when you come across him.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
You have been sinned :P

Nahhh..how often do you play against them? I practically forced my nieces and nephews (I've got 25 of them combined, about 15 of them I've played against) into playing against me or the CPU all by themselves at level 9's and handicaps at maxed. They get frustrated and complain they are to tough or I don't go answer on them. I never go easy on anyone when it comes to Console games for Television. So Brawl is no exception.

Although I do have friends around my age who are competitively good and uses Zelda/Ike/Roy/Marth/Link(Played both Brawl and Melee if you didn't get it), etc, as you see that they use the more skilled players, they are barely matched when I use Peach. However...They cannot ever come close when I use Fox. My madman.

Crazy Hand was more crazier and a bit powerful than Master Hand. Play Classic on Normal to Very Hard and at a certain time, reaching Master Hand and taking his health halfway, Crazy Hand will appear. Or Event 50, the second before last in Melee, you can fight both at the very start.

So yeah, Crazy Hand was a secret boss.

Giga Bowser was also a secret boss in Adventure Mode and in the final event, which is Event 51 teaming up with Ganondorf and Mewtwo. Same requirement at beating Adventure Mode at a certain time, as well as only Normal to Very Hard is when you come across him.

-cough- double post -cough-

Naww playing SSB against people who are close to your lvl is fun isnt it? xD but then again destroying newbies is also very entertaining xD

I want to fight the crazy hand! Someone quickly throw me a gamecube and melee! Was giga bowser harder then Crazy hand? and did giga mean he was huge? Like the giant donkey kong???

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
-cough- double post -cough-

Naww playing SSB against people who are close to your lvl is fun isnt it? xD but then again destroying newbies is also very entertaining xD

I want to fight the crazy hand! Someone quickly throw me a gamecube and melee! Was giga bowser harder then Crazy hand? and did giga mean he was huge? Like the giant donkey kong???
First Double Post you've ever seen? Interesting...

Playing anyone at the same competition level is fun at the pro levels and you've got those who like to destroy those newbies for their own amusement. But you got to think that they wouldn't have much fun though and get bored easily. Not that I've ever been on that side so I couldn't tell ya

Oh and often times my nephews would want to play the Tournament mode section and have ranks as random so they can expect the unexpected..It is quite fun watching them work their way up the board until I face them at the semi-finals or finals :X

Giga Bowser is suppose to be the biggest and baddest creature in SSB.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Bro I do that all the time. My bro can barely lay a hand on me without items. (even though we play mostly with items.) It's good practice to get Captain Falcon's Fair's sweetspot timing right though!

The only time he gets frustrated is when I go with Olimar (my main) or Mr. Game and Watch, so I usually always go with Falcon against him. Same thing in Melee.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
First Double Post you've ever seen? Interesting...

Playing anyone at the same competition level is fun at the pro levels and you've got those who like to destroy those newbies for their own amusement. But you got to think that they wouldn't have much fun though and get bored easily. Not that I've ever been on that side so I couldn't tell ya

Oh and often times my nephews would want to play the Tournament mode section and have ranks as random so they can expect the unexpected..It is quite fun watching them work their way up the board until I face them at the semi-finals or finals :X

Giga Bowser is suppose to be the biggest and baddest creature in SSB.

I was pretty good at SSB. But then again so were my friends so it was fairly fun to play against them.
Tournament mode my god, i need the new SSB!!

Oh really? Was he really? Was he even difficult?

Bro I do that all the time. My bro can barely lay a hand on me without items. (even though we play mostly with items.) It's good practice to get Captain Falcon's Fair's sweetspot timing right though!

The only time he gets frustrated is when I go with Olimar (my main) or Mr. Game and Watch, so I usually always go with Falcon against him. Same thing in Melee.

Haha itemz newbz!
Also I was under the impression that Mr. Game and Watch was terribad, was Andy lying? Why dont you play your mains against him! How is he suppose to get better if he doesnt play you at his best.

One of my favourites from the original was Pikachu, hes awesome >.<

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Sector Revenge said:
my nieces and nephews (I've got 25 of them combined, about 15 of them I've played against)

My first thought is that your family needs to cool it a little on the procreating :P. There are other hobbies, you know? Maybe they could play Brawl instead! XD

Oh and in answer to your question, I don't play against him very often at all. He's my friend's little brother, so it was just because I happened to be at her house lol.

CarefulWetPaint said:
Also I was under the impression that Mr. Game and Watch was terribad, was Andy lying?

No, I wasn't lying. He is horrible to control and lame to use in general. Anybody who says otherwise is of course lying or insane! Also, why are you asking us? If you're a Super Smash Bros fan, why haven't you played enough to form your own opinion on him? :P

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Oh really? Was he really? Was he even difficult?

Also I was under the impression that Mr. Game and Watch was terribad, was Andy lying? Why dont you play your mains against him! How is he suppose to get better if he doesnt play you at his best.

One of my favourites from the original was Pikachu, hes awesome >.<
Giga Bowser is huge and doesn't break a sweat when you try to throw stuff at him or something. Uhh I should probably play and try it out again, but I don't think you can grab him either at all. He's like a "God" who break through things..I mean..I remember using a flamethrower from the Fire Flower once..he just walks right through it and headbutted me off the map a long time ago. :X He's definitely a more threat than the Hands, in my opinion. He moves slow kinda slow though, but then again, the Final Destination map doesn't really need him to move fast at all.

Mr. Game and Watch is terrible(Throwing my 3rd degree in), about as terrible as Ice Climbers. But if you know how to use him correctly, one of my friends does, he's actually pretty good with the correct players using him. I'd be the last player to be him or Ice Climbers, ever. Throw Ness with the other two as well. The Bat boy never grabs my attention.
My first thought is that your family needs to cool it a little on the procreating :P. There are other hobbies, you know? Maybe they could play Brawl instead! XD

Oh and in answer to your question, I don't play against him very often at all. He's my friend's little brother, so it was just because I happened to be at her house lol.

No, I wasn't lying. He is horrible to control and lame to use in general. Anybody who says otherwise is of course lying or insane! Also, why are you asking us? If you're a Super Smash Bros fan, why haven't you played enough to form your own opinion on him? :P
Well I don't have a Wii..Yet..but then again I got Mario Kart Wii from a friend for a very cheap price..haha. But Mario Kart is something else I play a lot, next with the SSB series.

@CarefulWetPaint: Super Smash Bros Melee is much more fast pace and has those few selective players preferred over Brawl (Mewtwo to Lucario, Ike vs Roy, however you want to look at that one). Brawl is more recent with more stuff in it, but the action pace is a tad slower...So in my opinion, Melee and Brawl are tied, both aren't better than one another. Just one's older and the other is more recent and holds more characters. Oh and when it comes to originality, I had Fox as my favorite, of course :)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Haha itemz newbz!
G&W is only bad in Melee. In Brawl, he's actually good. Not really good though, but still viable.
I main C.Falcon though, especially in Melee. While I do prefer Olimar in Brawl, Falcon is still amongst my favorites. He just finds G&W and Olimar annoying to fight.

I find him quite easy to use and very fun if you get the hands on him. He's a blast in Brawl.

Mr. Game and Watch is terrible(Throwing my 3rd degree in), about as terrible as Ice Climbers. But if you know how to use him correctly, one of my friends does, he's actually pretty good with the correct players using him. I'd be the last player to be him or Ice Climbers, ever. Throw Ness with the other two as well. The Bat boy never grabs my attention.

Uhhhh
Ice Climbers are one of the best characters in both games, you know? Especially Brawl, where they can actually be considered the second best character in the game. Ness was never good, though.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

Didnt play melee very much at all.. and in brawl I was not interested in him at all (cant even remember who I used in brawl atm.) Might have to borrow brawl off my mate and play through it again.

G&W is only bad in Melee. In Brawl, he's actually good. Not really good though, but still viable.
I main C.Falcon though, especially in Melee. While I do prefer Olimar in Brawl, Falcon is still amongst my favorites. He just finds G&W and Olimar annoying to fight.

Ice Climbers are one of the best characters in both games, you know? Especially Brawl, where they can actually be considered the second best character in the game. Ness was never good, though.

Game and watch was never interesting to me and looked stupid. Im not sure if i used Ice Climbers :S

Definitely going to have to borrow brawl and get some serious play in so I can remember it all again.

I do remember using Pip though, he was fun.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Uhhhh
Maybe so, but without the 2nd Climber, the one you're controlling is pretty much useless. I don't know, I rather not have a teammate and need assistance from one myself. Just me xD It's only depending on how you play and how your skill works and which character you know how to control. Anyone is good if you use them right. I never liked Ice Climbers myself

A little late but welcome to the club there Spinosaurus :x Like I said, I played Brawl, never owned it but no one ever uses Ice Climbers or choose them for the CPU...ever...over here.

Shining Raichu

Years
I noticed no measurable difference in Mr. G&W between Melee and Brawl... he seemed exactly the same to me in both lol

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I noticed no measurable difference in Mr. G&W between Melee and Brawl... he seemed exactly the same to me in both lol
Unless he's talking about that one attack...where you shoot fireballs from Mario or Fox's Fire Blaster into his bucket and he flashes with a powerful move ready to use, like a Charge attack Donkey Kong/Samus have..in Brawl? I think that's what they were talking about. Friend showed me it, Melee didn't have that move for Mr Game and Watch.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
In fighting games, a character that is too strong or weak would end up getting balanced eventually. When I say balance, I don't mean adding or removing a move, but change the character's stats and properties.

For example, one would think the difference between Melee Falcon and Brawl Falcon is that Brawl Falcon can turn 180 degrees during Falcon Punch. You'd normally think one of the best characters from Melee just got buffed right? Wrong.

In Brawl, C.Falcon's mobility and power have been decreased, which actually hurts him REALLY bad, and made him one of the worst. His Knee is has a tighter timing to get the sweetspot.

Now, for G&W. In Melee, his defense and movement were HORRIBLE. Although he got KO moves, they weren't reliable at all. In Brawl, he's the opposite of Falcon, he actually got buffed and received much more power and speed, making him good. Although his defense is still holding him back, he isn't really terrible anymore, not to mention the Brawl mechanics works better for him than Melee's.

Sonicfan9988

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥
Years
Hey! I'll join.

Username:Sonicfan9988.

When I play Smash Bros. Brawl, I always play as Sonic, and I also play as Wario or Kirby, but mainly as Sonic.

On the topic of characters that I want in the next Smash Bros. I want Sonic to return, but I also want Hilda to be the Pokemon Trainer that you play as. I have always wanted to see my no. 1 fave game
characters in a game together =D!! Also, I want Sonic & Hilda to team up and fight Giygas in the story mode if there is one. I want Giygas to be the final boss.

I usually play Smash Bros. Brawl offline against the CPU. I usually have Sonic vs. Link & Sonic vs. Fox battles.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Username: TheFallenUmbreon
My favourite characters are Kirby, Metaknight and Pikachu. I am addicted to this game and always go for the hardest challenges i can get!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I usually have Sonic vs. Link & Sonic vs. Fox battles.
Doesn't that get boring facing the same people over and over again though? LOL it would for me! As I've used to always select Fox from the start of Smash Bros Original and Melee, until I've practiced using Peach from time to time. As still undefeated with Fox, he's now my back-up/secondary character as Peach is my main. Other than that, I pretty much randomize the opponents/CPU to face.

Plus, welcome to you and FallenUmbreon!

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Doesn't that get boring facing the same people over and over again though?
well I usually play the same characters in franchise based fights eg. Mario vs. Lugi vs. Peach vs. Bowser (sometimes adding Donkey Kong, Yoshi or Wario) or Pikachu vs. Red vs. Lucario vs. Jigglypuff.

Shining Raichu

Years
I only ever play the CPU. If I have a friend over or I'm at a friend's place, we'll play against each other, but 90% of the time I'm playing the CPU and I never get bored of it haha.

Admittedly, I spend most of my time in the 100-Man and 15-Minute Brawl sections because I like fending off a whole stack of enemies at once and seeing how many I can beat. I make up back stories for the characters in my head and I see the entire cast of the game as sort of like The Avengers, tasked with protecting the Earth :P

...man I'm sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back