• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen [Crustle] VS Amoonguss

Crustle or Amooooonguuusssss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
591.png
558.png

Couldn't find Crustle's DW art. Therefore you get a sad Weekly Poll this week. :(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I like Crustle's design better, although they're both interesting concepts. A hermit crab and a Pokeball mushroom? I'll admit I've never used either of them in game or competitively before. Even though I've lost because of Amoonguss before (lol) in competitive play, I'll still go with Crustle because I like its design.

Years
I picked Crustle cos it learns good attacks and it can hit really hard after a Shell Smash boost.

Amoonguss just didn't suit my playing style, so yeah Crustle for me.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Until i saw the anime series with crustle as cilans pokemon i hated it now its one of my favorite pokemon in the BW series

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Crustle. As much as I LOVE Amoongus' huge HP, Crustle's Attack, movepool, and design make it my choice.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Crustle for me. There's almost nothing cooler than a hermit crab carrying a block of earth rather than a seashell on its back. It's also decent competitively.

I'm not too fond of Amoonguss because its design kind of creeps me out.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
Crustle, definitely. I prefer Pokemon with some nice Attack, and it looks really cool too.

Amoonguss looks a bit odd, though I did use it a bit though :P

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The clump of earth of Crustle's back just looks so unnatural to me, even for a pokemon; so my pick is definitely Amoogus. I love it's concept and it's design and appearance is pretty cool, I especially like it's pre-evolution foongus, mainly due to how they act in the anime -- so cute!

plus if I didn't vote of Amoogus then my pair will ttly bash me. :( but he's still amazing k <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
AMOOONGUSSS BABY

It's such a toughie! <3 It's so strong with the greatest abilities and wonderfully curious moves alongside great stats to support it and it looks amazing! Plus it evolves from the single cutest Pokémon EVER. <3 Although I do adore Crustle too so this was a tough one :c

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Amoonguss is highly competitive, especially in double battles, has a great concept, and a really high-pitched cry. I have a soft spot for him and his adorable silliness!

Mentalii

Back
Years
Amoonguss all the way. Its design is strange, but I love the concept, though I prefer Electrode in the role of the Pokéball Pokémon. Then it's pretty strong, I never used it but it was sometimes a pain to beat, contrary to Crustle that didn't give me any difficulties.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Crustle's cool design tips the balance in its favour for me, personally. I've never had much time for either of these critters, and while they both do have things going in their favour (Amoonguss' cool name and crazy-good HP; Crustle's typing and movepool), it all comes down to their designs. Of which Crustle takes the cake. I'd probably never use any of these critters in a team, but this was a surprisingly tough WP to answer this week!

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Another tough one for me to answer. I like Amoonguss' design, and I absolutely love its pre-evolution. I also adore Crustle's pre-evolution, but I'm not as big of a fan of Crustle's design. The squareness of the shell has always bugged me for some reason. I've used Amoonguss before on a team before, and it was fun to play with, so for this reason and the reasons stated above I choose Amoonguss.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I like Crustle more than Amoonguss overall, more appealing design and a workable movepool win me over easily. That and Amoonguss is just plain lackluster in general if you ask me so it's not much of a contest there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
;__;

I'm picking Crustle because it's sad and originally, ages back, it was one of my favourites! I REMEMBER ISHIZUMAI. I THINK. IT WAS SPELT SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES (DWEBBLE THAT IS OH GOD I DON'T KNOW IF I EVEN SPELT THAT RIGHT).

But yeah Crustle ftw n___n PLEASE WIN!!!

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Crustle has my vote, I like it's design compared to Amoongus and it's more on the offensive which is my style.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I like Crustle's design more, however I voted for Amoonguss. Ever since I saw it being used a lot at a local battle tournament and bred my own, it has been a key part of my team and a very successful one at that. Spore and Rage Powder are lovely in double battles.

Back