• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to PC old to Pokemon!

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Hello PC members. I am obviously new to the PokeCommunity but i have been playing Pokemon ever since 1st gen(I still remember when my dad brought me Pokemon Red and my sister Pokemon Blue :'( .....nostalgia). And i have been playing ever since. Everything i owned was Pokemon; bed sheets, shirts, games, movies, seasons on dvd, shoes, etc....The list can go on forever. Around R/S/E times most of my friends lost interest in Pokemon, but i was still enjoying it and continues without saying anything to prevent teasing. After Pokemon Platinum I took a long break from Pokemon and bought Pokemon Black several months after it came out. The 5th gen Pokemon to me were quite dissapointing :(. I felt the designs were lazy and unorignal, but continued playing because nevertheless, Pokemon was still enjoyable. I even have some Pokemon from my original Ruby and Emerald games that i brought to B/W as well as my D/P/Plt. I am now enjoying Pokemon more than ever and plan not to stop. Sorry for my extremely long post, but i hope i will have fun here :). Also, my name is Sam so don't bother spelling out Fluffyunicornz to address me. <33

Years
Hello, Sam, and welcome to PC! n_n Don't worry at all about the long intro, I love more thought-out introduction threads so it's great you did one. <3

Blue was my first game and Red I got for Christmas of 1999, I believe. It does bring back so many memories, doesn't it? >: I'm also a collector like you, I've owned so much of the merchandise.. from books to stuffed animals and cards, I had it all haha. Most of that stuff I still have, too~! Hoping I don't grow out of it anytime soon.

Aanyway, PC has lots of places to post in and many more people to meet, so I'm sure you'll have a blast here if you stick around. :D I'm always open if you'd like someone to chat with or have a question about anything! The forum might seem big, but it really doesn't take long at all to get the hang of things.

Enjoy your stay and it was great meeting you~ :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hey Sam! I love your thread title, it reminds me of when people call radio shows and say "long time listener, first time caller" XD

I completely agree with you about Gen 5. What I didn't like about it was that the only Pokemon in the game before defeating the Elite 4 were new Pokemon and you got to see none of the old faces, so it felt really alienating to me as a Pokemon fan :(. I also agree about the designs, most of them were terribad. But oh well, hopefully they'll come back with a vengeance for Gen 6!

I also love that you frown when you think of nostalgia. Everybody seems to love nostalgia so much but I find it horrible and soul-crushing. Glad to see that somebody else gets sad when looking at the happy times of the past :P. That sounded really morbid, I apologise for that haha.

Anyway welcome to the forum! Don't worry about your long intro, it gives us something to work with :P. So enjoy the forums, I'm sure you'll love it here. We're a big and friendly place so there are a lot of things to see and do. So I guess you better start seeing and doing! My profile is always open if you wanna chat, but if not I'll see you around :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hey there, Sam! Welcome to PokéCommunity! Hope you enjoy your time here on the forum. :)

It's a shame you had to hide the fact you still liked Pokémon from your friends; I was teased a lot in middle school myself for liking Pokémon, but that never stopped me from liking it! Man, I wish I had that much Pokémon merchandise when I was a kid; heck, I wish I had that much now! :P

So, again, welcome to PC and I hope you have fun here. C:

Years
Hi and Welcome to PC! Hope you like it here! You may want to check out PC Adoption Center if your interested in a certain forum I'm sure someone there would adopt you in Rom hacking or something else! Welcome to PC! : )

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
You're so cute. <3 You're darling. Hi! Welcome to PC! I'm Yuki's Sword--The Hyperactive Edward Elric fan! I do hope you become active and enjoy your stay. ^^

Years
Hello PC members. I am obviously new to the PokeCommunity but i have been playing Pokemon ever since 1st gen(I still remember when my dad brought me Pokemon Red and my sister Pokemon Blue :'( .....nostalgia). And i have been playing ever since. Everything i owned was Pokemon; bed sheets, shirts, games, movies, seasons on dvd, shoes, etc....The list can go on forever. Around R/S/E times most of my friends lost interest in Pokemon, but i was still enjoying it and continues without saying anything to prevent teasing. After Pokemon Platinum I took a long break from Pokemon and bought Pokemon Black several months after it came out. The 5th gen Pokemon to me were quite dissapointing :(. I felt the designs were lazy and unorignal, but continued playing because nevertheless, Pokemon was still enjoyable. I even have some Pokemon from my original Ruby and Emerald games that i brought to B/W as well as my D/P/Plt. I am now enjoying Pokemon more than ever and plan not to stop. Sorry for my extremely long post, but i hope i will have fun here :). Also, my name is Sam so don't bother spelling out Fluffyunicornz to address me. <33

Hi Sam, you can call me Hikari.

I'm a 13-year veteran of Pokemon who loves Oshawottz. Although I only played everything past 2nd Gen.

They call me the Crazy Oshawott Girl, cos that's what I am!

I started playing with 3rd Gen, when I got Ruby. I have also played 4th and 5th Generations. Not even the Unova Pokemon's designs stopped me.

Feel free to VM me if you wanna chat, but I am a tad bit quirky.

Also, remember to contact a moderator if you get lost. Cirno is the resident moderator for New Users/Welcome, so any questions regarding this section can be directed at her.

Have a fun time and I'll see you!

- Hikari10, "Cuteness is a good thing"

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Honestly, I don't mind long posts(I make them extremely frequently. Ask just about anyone that knows me, they will tell you!), and it nice that you made a long intro for yourself, as it gives us the opportunity to know you more, yes? It's nothing to be ashamed of. :3

But welcome to PC, friend! I'm someone who's in that same boat as you. When I was younger, I used to be made fun of a lot, but as I grew older, I started not to care as much. I'm going to play Pokemon regardless of what other people think of me, and that mentality pretty much stuck to this day~!

But with that said and out of the way, I want you to have fun and enjoy yourself here in this community. It's what I say to each and every single new member that signs up here, and it's true! It's really what matters to me, as long as everyone enjoys it here and has fun and creates memories, that's what matters!

/gosh I suck at wording.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I want to put my "welcome to PC" in, I didn't even do 1 myself, but after reading yours, I wished I had, I like hearing all of ppl's pokemon stories, but again welcome and hope to see you around Sam!!

Back