• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Add a new forum for music and sfx.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
I've noticed that Pokecommunity doesn't quite have a forum where people can post their music and sound effects. I happen to be a sound designer, and as much as I'd love to share my work, I don't know where to put it. I had someone suggest the Game Development thread, but I figured having a forum just for music, remixes, sound effects, and other "sound art" would benefit Pokecommunity. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm all in favour for the implementation of such a forum. I suppose if it does come under art it could possibly be a new sub-forum of the Art section? I'm not exactly sure where it could fit in, or if it deserved a whole section of its own, but I suppose that'll be defined as things progress and more contribute their opinions on the idea.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
I'm all in favour for the implementation of such a forum. I suppose if it does come under art it could possible be a new sub-forum of the Art section?

Absolutely. :) there could also be sticky threads for things like tutorials, software, critiques, and more. This could help the game developers on Pokecommunity that need music and sound effects for their games.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Not necessary at all. We have a thread for this kind of stuff. If a thread can barely rack up 4 pages in a year and a half, I don't see how an entire forum would be necessary. And if you think that tutorials, software, and critique are going to flush it out, we don't even get those things in the most popular parts of the forum.

The members who create music and sound effects here are a minority, and last thing we need is a forum to be turned into "can u make musix and sfx for mi hack/game plz" and so on.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Not necessary at all. We have a thread for this kind of stuff. If a thread can barely rack up 4 pages in a year and a half, I don't see how an entire forum would be necessary. And if you think that tutorials, software, and critique are going to flush it out, we don't even get those things in the most popular parts of the forum.

The members who create music and sound effects here are a minority, and last thing we need is a forum to be turned into "can u make musix and sfx for mi hack/game plz" and so on.
Exactly. Also, if OP wants to make the forum for Game Development, it's already covered in the Tutorials & Resources sub-forum.

I personally don't see the need for this kind of forum.

EDIT: Well, seeing as how you could just start your own thread in the General Entertainment forum that showcases your work or other people's work, it makes no sense to make a new forum for.

Last edited:
Back