• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

echo; A KANTO JOURNEY (OOC)

Years
*face-palm

I wrote that at night, my mistake. I'll rewrite for the pokemon centre later.

Edit: Fixed my stupid mistake xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hope my first SU ever is okay enough! XD

Name: Jack Freeman

Trainer: Johto Male

Starter: Quilava (Egg Move – Flare Blitz)
(I am going to skip to Pewter City, this will be my team)

Quilava – Level 18
Ember/Tackle/Flareblitz/Quick Attack/Smokescreen

Pidgeotto – Level 16
Tackle/Sand-Attack/Gust/Whirlwind

Personality:
Spoiler:

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:
It looks fine! Except for two things. Pidgeotto will be at lvl 14 and you got a pretty obvious detail about dear lady professor Pine wrong. If you read through the SU description in the first post again, I'm sure you will notice it :) If you fix it, you will be accepted.

Alright. Awesome. He'll forget Tail Whip, and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to make my first post. I have a thing to go to within half an hour, and I don't have time to make a big-A post.
Excellent! I'll put your details up and I'm looking forward to the new first post ;)
BUT - you'll still have to change your SU to say Dewott instead of Ivysaur ;) Please. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7508638&postcount=38

Ok, will a Swablu be acceptable instead?
Yes, Swablu is fine! :) It will be on lvl 14.

I don't understand what you mean. When was it listed as a secret that he was a wild child? He doesn't have any history aside from being a child raised by Pokemon. And it isn't like he was told to hide this fact from anyone or not.
I only meant that I am curious as to how he ended up with the pokémon in the first place and it would be interesting to get to know that at some point ^^ But you are not required to write that in the SU, so it's fine as it is.

No, I said he liked female humans and female Pokemons. I'm implying that Pokemon can breed with humans, and that the reason Sabrina can use Psychic is that someone down her bloodline, someone did it with a psychic type pokemon.
Oh, that's... a bit strange, I think. But alright, as long as you don't write about him doing anything with a pokémon, it's fine.

I only did Pine because I saw that he was being used in other SUs as i looked around. Can I make it instead that the guy who takes care of Topaz is a rival Prof. who wants to show Pine up by having his own Trainer be the best before any of the others?
Hm, really? Not in that way, I think :3
That would work! But Pine is still the one sending you out on your journey, so maybe the other professor will have Topaz pretend to participate in Pine's study just to get a chance at a good pokémon and maybe spy on her work? :) Or something~

I only did the travel bit cause I was afraid I would have to write about all the moments between Topz getting his Pokedex and getting to Pewter. I can fix that easily.
Great! Just start in Pewter and pretend that you've already written other chapters ^^

I don't see anything wrong with my RP sample besides the Pine and the car ride. Could you be more specific about my problems?
Yes, it says rather clearly in the SU template that your character has an appointed time with professor Pine in the POKÉMON CENTER of Viridian City, not some lab. :3

So, all in all, I can accept you if you:
- Change Tropius into Swablu
- Change Topaz' caretaker from Pine into someone else
- Change that lab into the Pokémon Center

For people wondering what they missed, I'm assuming it's that Professor Pine is in the Pokémon Center of Viridian City, not in some lab there =x

Also I'll have a post up by Sunday at the VERY latest (busy weekend, hopefully I'll have it up before then) giving some character development since I'm starting late in the game!
Yeah, that is true (except for PresentPastFuture) and the reason I'm not telling them straight up is that I want to have players who can read and follow instructions in chapter posts ^^' Being hasty never helps.

@ gimmepie, I'll go reread it ^^

Years
Okay, thanks Red's... I have a question about this though. Is Professor Pine a man or a woman? I think I wrote for Pine as a woman...

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Finished

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Okay, thanks Red's... I have a question about this though. Is Professor Pine a man or a woman? I think I wrote for Pine as a woman...

I honestly wonder how it can be so difficult ^^; Both the second sentence in the intro text of the first post + the RP sample instruction tells you that she is a woman, and there is even a little sprite beside the text showing a female wearing a lab coat.

I guess I have to be even less vague in the future.

Anyways, you are accepted, gimmepie! :) Feel free to start posting. I'll likely post again after someone else has posted ^^

@ deathbymanga - Alright, you are accepted! And free to start posting in Pewter City on chapter 3. The info post for the chapter can be found through the first IC post, as you may have noticed.
Even though you still confused Pine with Root in some parts of the RP sample and you haven't edited your starter choice to say Servine instead of Snivy... but as long as you try to be more careful with details in your IC posts, I'm content. The best way is to read over a whole post when you have finished typing it, before you post it. That way you can usually catch any spelling errors or inconsistencies.

Years
It wasn't due to your vagueness I got confused Red's. I'm pretty sure I read someone else who had Pine as a male character which made me wonder if I had missed something xD

There was absolutely nothing wrong with your instructions.

I'll start work on a post soon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Haha ok sorry ^^

Yeah, I realize Pine is a quite overused professor name xD I chose between Palm and Pine and Cherry and whatnot treenames.

EDIT: Also, gimmepie, do you want Marshtomp to forget a move for Mud Shot? And do you want Heracross to forget a move for Aerial Ace?

Last edited:
Years
@Red's - Well I meant an SU but yeah, I figure we are going run out of trees that can be names soon enough. Also, I'm glad you didn't choose Palm cause I wanted it xD

I have started on my post and should have it up soon enough.

Edit: Can I have the code for the banner and spacers?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
um, just a question, sorry if it is answered already, are we aloud to just choose whatever Pokemon we want to battle and then fight and capture them as we like? It just seems like that is what the rules say

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
chapter x; PART X
Corvin White // area name here
259.png
214.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

YOUR POST TEXT GOES HERE

((just quote this post, gimmepie, and take away this part and edit what parts you want, like chapter name and what number of post it is in the chapter, and what the area is called and what pokémon you have and such. Just replace the http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fa/Ballfull.png with the image url from an icon on this page http://sprites.pokecheck.org/
Also, make sure to not delete any of the [/cd] things or anything, and to keep the
around it all. Keeps it neat :3 ))

@ deathbymanga. Yes, pretty much. Look at the chapter descriptions to see if any special quests can/should be made in the area, and what pokémon are available. Then you are free to make any of those pokémon appear and capture it in any way you want.​

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Can I have one of those things as well? I'd like it in Lime? I can't tell what those numbers mean or where to translate the word to numbers

Years
@Deathbymanga - Red's provided a link to the page with the codes for colours earlier, just read up a bit.

@Everyone - Well I posted, hope it is okay.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Lime it is. I tried a few different shades and I liked the darker ones better. Unless you want it with black text instead and a lighter lime color? :)

chapter x; PART X
Topaz // area name here
496.png
333.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

YOUR POST TEXT GOES HERE

or

chapter x; PART X
Topaz // area name here
496.png
333.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

YOUR POST TEXT GOES HERE

To use it, just quote my post and take away the
tags and the redundant text. Edit the parts to say what chapter you are on and change a pokéball code into the code for a pokémon image when you've captured new ones.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Sorry, gimmepie already claimed black and it's more fun if we all have different colors ;) Unless gimmepie is ok with you having black too, I guess.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I'm guessing spots are full now :( I've just about nearly finished my coursework assignment and have a whole lot more free time. If a spot opens up lemme know RHCP (unless you can sneak me in...)

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
wait, why are we done? We have two free character slots and five free pokemon slots. So what is going on with them?

Back