• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Hacked Games VS Original Games

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Personally I get more fun out of the original ones.

It's rare that I find a hack that I'm satisfied with on the same level that I'm satisfied with the original games. It's often poor spelling and grammar that throws me off.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I enjoy the original games more than hacks, but some hacks are really fun once you've already finished the game that their based off of. 386, 493 and 649 hacks are also great hacks to play too because of how much choice for your party you are given. In fact, I have Pokémon Prestigious Platinum on my flashcard.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I enjoy the original games more than hacks, but some hacks are really fun once you've already finished the game that their based off of. 386, 493 and 649 hacks are also great hacks to play too because of how much choice for your party you are given. In fact, I have Pokémon Prestigious Platinum on my flashcard.

^I'm doing a challenge on that game right now. SO MANY LEVEL SPIKES!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I prefer playing original games. The fun never dies for me, I enjoy doing challenges in them. Hackers, no offense to them, don't have the necessary knowledge to overcome the geniuses that work at Nintendo. Nintendo thinks everything in the game with a killing precision, so it is enjoyable and accessible for all.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I used to like hacks a lot, until I discovered that cheating was very easy (getting the rare candy and master balls in the PC, and making my favorite Pokemon appear) gave me high unfair advantage, to the point where I lost interest in them (same with the originals on emulators), took me a while to get used to not having tons of rare candy or master balls in the regular DS games

I now prefer to play the original games in the DS, if people make hacks that are playable on the DS I may play them, otherwise, I given up on hacks and emulators all together.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Originals are always better, they created the engine/code and they know how everything works and most of all some of them have been doing this for years.

Though some hacks have come very close, it's amazing work quite frankly.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
For multiplayer ofc Originals.

But for single player, hacks hands down. Originals is tainted with the vision of profit from the devs. Hacks is the product of the fan's vision of what would be fun.

Years
Hacks are a lot of fun to play through, as they can follow a very different and varied storyline, whereas original titles have to follow the standard storyline. I'm not complaining about the originals, it's just that it's nice to have the variation!

UltraPyrus

Wizu Wizu!
Years
I like both the same. While hacked games are always something new and they are usually a lot more creative than the originals, you have to keep in mind that Nintendo always brings something new and fresh with each addition to the series. So, I'm pretty much even on the subject.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
I actually prefer hacks for being more challenging. I'm not a ten-year-old and I can handle adult humor and a higher level of strategy. Moreover, hacks usually allow you access to more pokemon than their equivalent original game, and they tend to have a richer storyline, at least in my opinion.

On the other hand, you have to search to find hacks that you like. The original games are good and they're guaranteed not to have bugs. So yeah, start with emerald and you can always visit the hacks showcase to see what's up.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
I love the original games but the hacked is awesome aswell !

The hacked one's are often more difficulty to complete, trainers usually having better pokémons + higher level.

In normal pokemon the Elite Four is level 40
Hacked is often between 60-80

Cheers
Alu

Back