• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it legal?

Years
To translate games to your language?

Right now im translating Pokemon Fire red to dutch...but i don;t know if its legal?? plus i dont know if its already been translated???

Years
I don't think it's been translated, and, no, it isn't illegal. Just don't post the rom here, and don't post the link to the rom. You have to post the patch.

Years
But its editing a game to your needs right? isnt that hacking the game?? so it being illegal???
i mean roms are illegal anyways right??

Years
Hm... From what I've heard from everyone else on this forum, this is not illegal. Everyone else is changing it. What are you so afraid of?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2009
yey fire red in dutch
and a rom ist illigal if you got the orriginal game

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
It is completely legal aslong as you own the game you're hacking and don't upload the game on flashcarts and start selling it.

Back