• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a good leader?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Hmm, I don't know.
I could be a good leader although I follow people more.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
I'm always told I'm everyone's favorite manager at work, so I hope that means I'm a good leader and not a pushover. I feel like I am, I know how to talk and how to motivate people.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I still have long way to learn what it takes to be a good leader even though I may consider myself to be one, because I don't want to blow it. I think my way of leadership involves talking nicely and sometimes involves forgiving... But I think I would not be one if not for following the leaders and seniors in the first place, since I want to improve more and learn from them.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'm more of an individual than anything. If I had to pick between being a leader or a follower I would definitely choose leader just because follower doesn't suit my personality at all.

Essentially I just like doing whatever I want.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I'm generally what they call a "Lone Wolf", but on the occasion that I am part of a team everbody tends to follow me. It's pretty weird to be honest, it's not even talked about most of the time, they all just look at me like "What to do boss?"
I guess I am then. :?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like being a follower, for the most part. However, if there's something that I'm passionate about and no one else is stepping up to the plate (or are just doing a poor job of it), then I'll gladly take the reins and become a leader. I normally take the 'nice guy' approach to leadership: get more flies with honey than with vinegar and such, but I have been known to lay down the law when the situation requires it. :D

Years
I'd say I am definitely a leader, and a very good one at that. Not to boast or anything, but it's what I do for a living... Not to dig into my job or anything, or even expose what it is, but I took the worst performing branch within a company and turned it into the highest performing store within the district it belongs to in just two months, and not a single staff change was made outside of putting me in charge.

I even had major executives calling and messaging me to congratulate me on my endeavors. :)

Outside of that, I've led multiple forums in the past (nothing as popular as this, but members in the upwards of 250,000+). I've also took on the leader role of any group projects I had in school.

Even when playing basketball (as a kid until now), I always assumed the Point Guard position (person who runs all the plays and outlines the offense to ensure points and whatnot), and when I played for raelz (not NBA) my coaches always put me as the Point.

I'd say I kind of grew up with a natural talent to lead.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I don't usually lead, but when I do... I'd usually speak in the deepest voice I have and tell people to quiet down. There was one time a teacher asked me to watch her freshman class while she go and pick up something, I stood there staring at them and told them to shut up. Sometimes I'd lead people when they need to go somewhere and I'd usually be a few feet ahead just to see if I'm going the right way.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'd make a wonderful leader. I'm the fun kind, the kind who doesn't get bogged down in the bureaucracy of it all. I'm not gonna bust you for not wearing the right shoes to work.

Years
I had many many situations in my work I had to lead a group of people... All I can say... It's really hard, hard to deal with giving orders and to do work with them at the same time... I prefer being a follower.

Back