• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Nope, unfortunately. ): I've played these games hundreds of times before, so wouldn't really be that enjoyable for me if I do again. Though, maybe it could be if I did some challenge run of sorts. Not sure which, though… maybe Nuzlocke? Haha.

Yeah I know what you mean. But to be honest, I recently finished Yellow and crystal and I still enjoy Fire red a lot, despite seeing Kanto for so many times. I thought I'd be bored, but it's really fun, unlike before I am just enjoying the game and not thinking about what I am going to do next too much. :D
If you plan to do another run let me know so I can gossip about all the smartarse youngster along the routes with someone lol.

Years
In Emerald I did a Solo Run Cradily and I beaten Steven at Meteor Falls with no healing items. I owned all his pokémon very easily. I remember, when I couldn't do it back in the day and by doing it right now with only one Pokémon I now know, that I did improve since 2 years of playing. I'm so proud of myself... I'm gonna cry... lol jk I won't cry.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 6, 2016
Nope, unfortunately. ): I've played these games hundreds of times before, so wouldn't really be that enjoyable for me if I do again. Though, maybe it could be if I did some challenge run of sorts. Not sure which, though… maybe Nuzlocke? Haha.

I don't know much about Pokemon yet, but from my experience from other games. There's tons of challenges you can try such as something like "beat the game with only normal pokemon", "beat the game with only pokemon with >400 base stats" or "beat the game with a maximum of lv 50 pokemon" or a combination of each of those. I'm sure there's plenty of challenges you can try or troll with.

Years
I still play it just because I want to finish my Pokédex and I still need 129 Pokémon Data. I transfer some Hoenn and Johto Pokémon from Emerald and train them so I still have lots to do. I also left Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave so I can soft reset for shiny later. I also do some shiny hunting time from time. Oh and Battle Tower is also fun for the first 3 times. And I'm still trying to get Pokérus in Fire Red. Yup it's a never ending game for me. I spend like 6 months on that save.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
I started playing through Leaf Green about two weeks ago. I'm just taking my time and catching/evolving as I go. I beat Sabrina last night and started catching everything in the safari zone. I keep swapping my team up, but my Wartortle and Beedrill have been staples for the whole game.

Years
What is yourmain team guys? I got Charizard from the beginning, caught Meowth on Route 8. Did the nugget glitch with that TR Grunt so I can buy Scyther from the game corner, Evolved Eevee and just caught Rhyhorn and Psyduck in Safari.
As it turns out, Golduck looks cool, but his moveset is sad. I'd get Staryu but I'll save it for another game since you can get it too late in the game.

Also I just caught the easiest Snowrlax lol. False swipe rules. I'll save the last one for shiny soft resetting :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
When I started my planned team was:

1.) Blastoise
2.) Beedrill
3.) Clefable
4.) Raichu
5.) Rhydon
6.) Victreebel

I intentionally chose this team to give myself a bigger challenge, but after Misty I have made a couple of changes. Jolteon replaced Raichu, and I may end up not using Rhydon at all so I can use Gengar. This playthrough has definitely been my most varied.

Years
I love how everyone are choosing Pokemon to gain a greater challenge or simply to make a strong team, while I sit here and choose Pokemon by the way they look and the way i feel about them xD

I am however happy with my Ultimate team that consists of my favorite 6 Pokemon and you can see it in my signature.

Also, I am planning to do a lot of breeding on Firered after the main story, since it will take me some time to get my hands on Emerald which I what I am playing next . :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
I would go for my favorites, but Crobat would be the only one that I could get right now...

Pinta77

I've played it so many times. I agree it's kinda boring, however it get fun at the islands. I always wanted to go to seven island but I never got the event XP

Years
I would go for my favorites, but Crobat would be the only one that I could get right now...

Which are the rest?

Luckily all of my faves are the first generation, with Umbreon being an exception. Good thing they are not obtainable at the beginning in new generations, so I have to try out other Pokemon as well.

Pinta77: Ik, I wish I could get Events :/
All those tickets and I have no idea how I am going to get them ,lol

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Let's see...Metagross, Lucario, Crobat, Gardevoir, Umbreon (yay!), and Absol are my six favorite pokemon based on looks. Then again, Lucario probably won half my gym battles and held up against the elite four spectacularly in X! I wish I had jotted down exactly what move set he had then.

Last edited:
Years
Let's see...Metagross, Lucario, Crobat, Gardevoir, Umbreon (yay!), and Absol are my six favorite pokemon based on looks. Then again, Lucario probably won half my gym battles and held up against the elite four spectacularly in X! I wish I had jotted down exactly what move set he had then.

Cool. Actually we have similar favorites. Umbreon is in my top 6, and Absol and Metagross are in my top...idk, 20. Gardevoir and Crobat are awesome, but I have never really loved Lucario. Never had a chance to use him so I guess that's why.

Next to do: Beating the crap out of Giovanni and his tower in Saffron, tomorrow morning.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
I restarted Fire Red yesterday. So far, I have a Charmander and a Pikachu in my party. I've just beaten Brock. I'm currently trying to find a Nidoran-F in Route 3, but it's taking even longer than it took to find Pikachu, and that was annoying enough.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I still play FireRed a lot due to my obsession with challenges :P

I'm actually doing a challenge on FireRed right now and I'm up to the Rock Tunnel(My most hated dungeon in FireRed).

My team is composed of Wartortle & Arbok as of right now. Still in the process of completing my team :P

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
I just beat FireRed last week. Tried to blow through it, just to beat the Sevii Islands to get the ability to trade to RSE. I'll be using it to trade some pokemon from my Emerald version before I restart it. Then I'll be battling a whole bunch of my friends when that's done. Emulators are for cowards! Play the real thing!

Beat the Elite Four Relatively easily. My in game team was:

Arcanine (Firaga): Lv. 51
Rhydon (Sally): Lv. 53
Kadabra (Magnus): Lv. 49
Kangaskhan (Soccer Mom): Lv. 49
Blastoise (Blasty): Lv. 54
Zapdos: Lv. 51

Do 4 out of those 6 look...familiar? MASSIVE HINT: My IGN was also Blue. But it was honestly a coincidence! I was playing as Blue from the manga (massive stretch, I know.. but Blue the Gary-Oak-rival and Green the girl are actually switched in Japan) but I really only just happened to have Blastoise, Arcanine, Rhydon and Kadabra on my team...like a certain rival....)

FireRed is so fun. Has the most expansive and fun postgame, I think. I didn't fly through the Sevii Islands, because I enjoyed revisiting them so much :)

Last edited:
Years
I restarted Fire Red yesterday. So far, I have a Charmander and a Pikachu in my party. I've just beaten Brock. I'm currently trying to find a Nidoran-F in Route 3, but it's taking even longer than it took to find Pikachu, and that was annoying enough.

Funny how you never find something you're looking for. I remember years ago I couldn't find a single Pikachu, and few days ago I found a couple of Pikachus in a row.
I haven't seen a single female Nidoran if it's any consolation to you.

Ugh, rock tunnel.

I just beat FireRed last week. Tried to blow through it, just to beat the Sevii Islands to get the ability to trade to RSE. I'll be using it to trade some pokemon from my Emerald version before I restart it. Then I'll be battling a whole bunch of my friends when that's done. Emulators are for cowards! Play the real thing!

Beat the Elite Four Relatively easily. My in game team was:

Arcanine (Firaga): Lv. 51
Rhydon (Sally): Lv. 53
Kadabra (Magnus): Lv. 49
Kangaskhan (Soccer Mom): Lv. 49
Blastoise (Blasty): Lv. 54
Zapdos: Lv. 51

Do 4 out of those 6 look...familiar? MASSIVE HINT: My IGN was also Blue. But it was honestly a coincidence! I was playing as Blue from the manga (massive stretch, I know.. but Blue the Gary-Oak-rival and Green the girl are actually switched in Japan) but I really only just happened to have Blastoise, Arcanine, Rhydon and Kadabra on my team...like a certain rival....)

FireRed is so fun. Has the most expansive and fun postgame, I think. I didn't fly through the Sevii Islands, because I enjoyed revisiting them so much :)

Bolded text: totally agreed.

I like your team. I'd tell you legendaries are for cowards but I just remembered I just finished Crystal with Suicune in my team, so yeah, I'll just slowly put hypocrisy away lol.

I have a Meowth in my team for the sake of his Pay Day, but wow, he's really bad. PayDay, Bite, Thunderbolt, Water pulse, and I cant kill a single overly leveled Raticate. Time to kill bunck of weak Pokemon in grass.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I've speedrun through FireRed a few times, and as I've played it hundreds of times, I can go through Rock Tunnel without Flash or find all of the Rare Candies hidden in the game.

If I were to make a team right now for FireRed, it would be:

Blastoise
Arcanine
Tauros
Aerodactyl
Alakazam
Jolteon

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Rock tunnel... *shudder*

I've almost finished catching every safari pokemon, but Kangaskhan has been an absolute nightmare this go 'round. 20+ safari balls and only one has even shaken three times. Rocks always make her flee too. Afterwards it's on to Koga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back