• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Darmanitan versus [Krookodile]

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
5X26a.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Darmanitan, hits like a truck in every sense of the word. Choice Band Krookodile is alright too but I'm more fond of Darmanitan in general.

Years
I went for Darmanitan.. Along my main Black journey, I trained a Darumaka and evolved it and I actually used it more than my starter. Even though it's powerful and can have weaknesses, I loved its power. However, I have never had a Darmanitan go into Zen mode.

Years
I vote on Krookodile, it looks cooler imo. And I haven't used Darmanitan in a fight, so I can't really compare their fighting skills.

Years
Krookodile for me, I actually used one in my Black playthrough and she really helped me win a lot of battles.

Not to mention the design is awesome.

(Yes, my Krookodile is a girl)

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
While I think darmanitan is better competitively, krookodile 's design is really cool. I love the "shades" look.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
both are actually quite decent competitively, but neither are considered top-tier.

i would go for mafia croc

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
Years
Darmanitan is the bomb! Although I've never used Krookodile, I can say, without a doubt, that Darmanitan's design appeals more to me, and it's a beast competitvly. Darmanitan ftw!

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
From a design standpoint, Krookodile has a much better concept and design. Although I am not a fan of most bulky pokemon (mostly ground and rock types), I am quite fond of Krookodile.

Darmatian was one of the biggest disappointments of B/W. There was no reason to make another fire/fighting pokemon, especially a fire/fighting type primate pokemon. The only thing that is somewhat appealing are the flame eyebrows.

This one goes to the Krook.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'm not really feeling either... My choice is Krookodile, but I find it to be so uglier than Sandile. I do like Krookodile's typing and concept in general. Hahaha 'mafia croc' really fits. I haven't used Darmanitan yet, as the toothy smile and fiery eyebrows aren't exactly for me.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Darmatian was one of the biggest disappointments of B/W. There was no reason to make another fire/fighting pokemon, especially a fire/fighting type primate pokemon. The only thing that is somewhat appealing are the flame eyebrows.
I believe you are thinking of the Emboar line.

I like Krookodile more. First and foremost because of the line that Ash has. Sunglasses Krok <3. The design just seemed to click with me from the beginning. And I found it useful through my White run. So altogether I thought it was quite good of a pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like Darmanitan but I really like Krookodile. I used both in my playthrough of Black version, and though Darmanitan was a good Fire-critter, Krookodile just swept the floor with everything that came in its path. It has a really great type-combo, good offensive stats and - while it's not as cool-looking as Krokorok - still has a good design. The gimmick of Zen-Mode Darmanitan did nothing for me, and while I do like the critter on the whole, Krookodile gets my vote in this fight.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As much as I'd like to vote for both Darmanitan and Krookodile, I went with Darmanitan because it hits hard with Sheer Force-boosted Flare Blitzes. Krookodile is also good in its own right for looking like it has sunglasses.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Krookodile is far better in terms of design, but I like battling with Darmanitan more. I don't know which to choose! :<

blue

gucci
Years
I don't even like Darmanitan's design I've never used it and I don't plan too even if it does have a high Attack stat. Krookodile on the other hand has a great design, decent stats and helps out alot hence why my vote goes to Krookodile.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Krookodile wins! Darmatian looks too derpy. And probably easier for me to use in battles, too.

Back