• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clubs Ideas and Discussions

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I work in a liquor store and the only Fosters beer we sell is Fosters Light Ice... and we don't sell very much of it at that :P. Still, I guess I see your point. I will consider making it but it's probably better suited to somebody more passionate about Australia than I am haha.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I dont really see the point in an Australian Club, have you never heard of tall poppy syndrome >.> Australians hate anything good about themselves. Though it could probably get some nice discussion going if people actually cared. Someone besides andy should make it xD

p.s I have never seen a fosters beer at all >.> and our toilets flush the correct way.

Shining Raichu

Years
CarefulWetPaint said:
I dont really see the point in an Australian Club, have you never heard of tall poppy syndrome >.> Australians hate anything good about themselves.

Have you ever heard of tall poppy syndrome? Because that's totally not what it means :P.

In any case I have found a conscript volunteer! Our very own Nica aka Requility will be taking the reigns and making the club.

YOU'RE WELCOME DRAKOW

Years
THAT IS BS! I ASKED HER TO MAKE IT AGES AGO BUT SHE DIDN'T WANT TO ¬______¬

It's cause I'm a niglett so she doesn't listen to me.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I think its more just she's to lazy to be involved in a club that much.

Also I think a homework club will be awesome, help all the newbies out with all the stuff they no know!

cough physics club time cough

droomph

weeb
Years
nica is past her club years.

Anyways maybe a hw club would be cool, though I don't see myself asking a lot of questions myself :P Maybe it could incorporate organization tips or whatnot to help the people who need that sort of help.

And then the casual "hey what's ____ about homework do you ____?" topics.

tl;dr YES HOMEWORK/SCIENCE CLUB

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I've been thinking about a couple of ideas for clubs... one, is a cooking club; basically, we talk about how we got into cooking, what are our favourite things to cook/bake/grill...whatever, and maybe share recipes. Of course, you don't have to be a 'gifted' or 'experienced' chef or anything like that; you can just basically 'like to cook' and it'll be okay.

Another, well, I've read some of the past posts on this thread, and I saw that a 'post your problems' club has been suggested - I too, see that could turn into a general help club, really. I mean, 'Dear Anonymous' could be used to speak your mind to or about someone, and this club could be, say, you sign up as a member who posts general problems, and at the same time, help out others.

Ah... and the general topic questions? Maybe, 'what would you say or do' sort of topics in that regard?

...Well, I'm bouncing ideas here. @__@

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
There was a cooking club!... It just recently died I believe :'( If you can think of a way to make one that will be more active than the last please feel free to! Id be interested in it >.>

The post your problem club would be something that doesnt really need a topic as people will post their problems and then in return you post trying to help them out with there problem, I do think its a good idea but it'd take a lot to implement it without people being mean to everyone etc. I do think this is another good idea, itd be like free counseling!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
There was a cooking club!... It just recently died I believe :'( If you can think of a way to make one that will be more active than the last please feel free to! Id be interested in it >.>

Yup! I have a few ideas. :3

The post your problem club would be something that doesnt really need a topic as people will post their problems and then in return you post trying to help them out with there problem, I do think its a good idea but it'd take a lot to implement it without people being mean to everyone etc. I do think this is another good idea, itd be like free counseling!

Mmm, well, of course, respect will be a virtue~ I just wonder how this could all 'fit together', as the saying goes.

Would an Okami club be successful and fun?

Ohh, I love Okami~ Of course it can be successful and fun! <33

Shining Raichu

Years
CarefulWetPaint said:

I disagree on this point. The post your problems thread existed in Other Chat for ages before they decided to close it because of... I actually don't know why. I think putting it here in Clubs instead would be a fantastic idea. It wouldn't be a conventional 'club' where you join and have a member list, but it could be like a 'come and go' sort of support group thing. I like giving advice, so it's something I'd be interested in seeing!

The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner said:
Would an Okami club be successful and fun

Well fun depends on how you make it, but I think I've met enough people interested in Okami for it to be successful on PC!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I won't be opposed of the creation of a science club~ <3

I'd love to join this if someone is planning to make it! Specifically chemistry, but I reckon that's a little too specific haha. But this is a club I'd definitely like to see, it'd be wonderful to have like-minded people to discuss theories/work/news with.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd love to join this if someone is planning to make it! Specifically chemistry, but I reckon that's a little too specific haha. But this is a club I'd definitely like to see, it'd be wonderful to have like-minded people to discuss theories/work/news with.

Actually, there was a mathematics club here before, sooo I imagine a science club would also be okay.. Unless it perhaps, falls under the homework club somehow; but this can be a general science club where there's general science topics.

Well, I dunno; if no one else wants to make that support group, or if anyone is opposed of one, I can give it a shot of making it, since there's a good general idea on how it can be run.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Actually, there was a mathematics club here before, sooo I imagine a science club would also be okay.. Unless it perhaps, falls under the homework club somehow; but this can be a general science club where there's general science topics.

I meant a Chemistry based club would be too specific if a general science club is already in the works haha, not that a science based club would be too specific. x] I don't know about other people, but I love reading news to do with chemistry/biology (usually in New Scientist) and it'd be great to have a place to discuss this. I'd make it myself if no one else wants to, but I already run several clubs in the Pokémon section so I'd rather not start up another if someone does want to make it instead :p Here's looking at you Doronjo ;3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I meant a Chemistry based club would be too specific if a general science club is already in the works haha, not that a science based club would be too specific. x] I don't know about other people, but I love reading news to do with chemistry/biology (usually in New Scientist) and it'd be great to have a place to discuss this. I'd make it myself if no one else wants to, but I already run several clubs in the Pokémon section so I'd rather not start up another if someone does want to make it instead :p Here's looking at you Doronjo ;3

My bad then, hehe. :3 And yeah, of course I can, and will! It shouldn't be too much trouble~ ^^

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Its decided then! We shall have a science club made! Go us! I volunteer someone else other than myself to create it though. We can have topics such as the news in science of the week etc and discuss our thoughts on the theories of things and such! I think it will definitely work!

Also Andy what do you disagree with? I think the post your problems would be a great club/support group!

Back